Sequel: Some Days
Status: Done. Sequel coming Soon :)

Into Your Arms

A Perfect Waste Of A Perfect Day

Oh. His girlfriend. I mentally kicked myself. Obviously a guy like John would have a girl around.

“Alright I’ll let him know when he get’s back,” I heard myself saying.

“Yeah and who are you?.” It sounded like the girl was accusing me of why I was in John’s apartment.

“I’m his new roommate.” I replied.

“He never mentioned a female.” She spat.

“That’s because I just moved in like an hour ago.” I answered her looking at my phone that sat on the table. No need to get vicious, I respect that he has a girlfriend.

“Don’t try anything funny,” She hissed. “Or I will hunt you down,” Click.

Alright then. I got back to unpacking my things from the not so many boxes, arranging and re-arranging things in the room. I placed a photo frame with a picture of me and my family on the dresser. Sighing I walked over to the window. It was a rather nice view of the city facing the street.

Realizing I was getting distracted, I went back to unpack my rucksack. I didn’t take a lot of things from home. I pulled out my stuffed bear that I've had since I was small and smiled to myself as I threw him onto the bed. My makeup box was placed on top of the dresser along with a few other trinkets and belongings, my acoustic guitar sitting in the far corner.

I got my laptop out and placed it on the bed. As I finished up unpacking I heard the key in the door click. Walking out of my room I saw John coming in. He grinned as he closed the door.

“Dinner is served!” He announced as he placed a few pizza boxes on the kitchen counter. “And here’s your key.” He added handing it over to me.

“Thanks so much John. I really appreciate it.” I smiled and went to place the key in my room, making a mental note to find a key chain later.

“So how about we dig in?” John motioned towards the food as he got out two plates.

“Sounds good to me.’ I laughed as I took a plate from him.

“So Miss Carly, what brings you to Tempe?” He asked between bites.

“Well Mr. John, I needed a change in scenery and I kinda needed to get away from Denver.” I replied.

“Ah-ha...” He nodded taking in the information.

“Yeah... I don’t know. I finished college and I need a job, but I didn’t want to be stuck in the same place so I tried to spread my wings and fly.” I added taking another slice of pizza, not caring what John thought. “What about you? Tempe is your hometown?” I asked.

“Yup! Born and raised here,” He answered. “But I’m usually gone,”

“How so?” I asked, hoping I didn’t sound to creepy for prying into his life.

“I’m in a band, and we tour a lot.” He answered, clearly not minding.

“Really? That sounds so cool! What band?”

“The Maine- Ever heard of us?”

The Maine. The Maine. It sounded so familiar.

“It might ring a bell If I listen to a few songs,” I answered, shrugging. “But being on the road all the time isn’t it hard with like, relationships?”

“Sometimes you just gotta trust the other person y'know?” He had a mixed look on his face.

“Oh, and before I completely forget, uhm Mel called and asked for you,” I had completely forgotten about her, but I left out the 'hunt you down' part. That was my problem.

“She did? Did she way anything?” He looked kind of annoyed.

“Just asked if you were here and that’s basically it.” I answered.

“Well she didn’t ask to call so that’s off my mind.” He took a sip of his water.

“What’s wrong?” I asked which I regretted because who am I to ask about his personal life. I’ve known him for like 3 hours.

“She just pisses me off sometimes. She’s so clingy and she basically wants to monitor my every move.” he answered me.

I didn’t know what to say so I just sat quietly.

“Sometimes I just can’t take it anymore.” he looked at me.
“I’m sorry John. I shouldn’t have asked,” I whispered.

“No, no! I’m kinda glad you did because I need to vent to someone, and the guys don’t really care. Well they do but... ugh... it’s confusing,” John sighed.

“I feel bad,” i said sincerely.

“It’s okay, all I want to do now is just watch movies and drown in my sorrows.” John stated.

“We can do that if you want.” I replied not having anything against a movie night. I haven’t had a chance to relax like this for a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Some Days - The Maine