Sequel: Some Days
Status: Done. Sequel coming Soon :)

Into Your Arms

You Were Dancing To Your Favourite Song

“What are your plans for today?” John asked me a couple of days later.

“I got a job interview,” I grinned.

“No way!” he exclaimed. And enveloped me in a hug.

“Yeah I handed my resume in yesterday while you went to your meeting, and they called me this morning when you were still asleep,” I laughed.

“When is it?” he asked.

“At 2 so in like 2 and a half hours,” I replied, “Speaking of which I need to get ready,” I got up.

“You don’t need 2 hours to get dressed,” John looked at me in disbelief.

“No I need to shower first,” I laughed. And you’re invited.

“Oh alright. Just don’t be too long.” he went into his room.

I grabbed my things and made my way into the bathroom. Turning the shower I stepped inside. I started to hum as I washed my hair. half an hour later I emerged and John was no were to be found. I assumed he left to meet his friends. I opened my laptop and turned on some music.

Dancing around the room I chose my outfit. I sang along to the words. I got dressed quickly and looked at the time. I had half an hour to spare. I slipped on my heels and just as i was about to walk out I saw John laughing.

“You got some pretty sweet moves,” he grinned. Fuck. I could feel myself turning red.

“Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone. It was cute,” he smiled. He just called me cute. I felt butterflies.

“I can get crazy at times.” I replied. “But we’ll talk about this later.” And maybe we could dance together too.

“Alrighty- break a leg. But don’t really.” he wished me luck as I grabbed my keys and started to leave.

“Thanks,” I smiled and waved before closing the door. I took the elevator down and as I was getting off I saw a girl get in. She was scowling as she pushed past me. Alrighty then.

***

“So Miss Lawson, Looking at your resume, we see that you have everything that is basically needed for this job. Your portfolio is neat, organized and the sketches are very original and unique.” The interviewer, named Annie, was saying as she flipped through my notebook filled with designs.

I beamed. My hard work had payed off.

“So when can you start? Your work simply blew me away,” She stated. I just got a job.

“Well I guess i can start tomorrow,” I replied blushing a bit.

“Perfect. Most off the work can be done at home. You just need to come in on Mondays to pick tthings up and you’d just need to bring everything back in on Fridays.” Annie explained.

“Awesome,” I smiled. This was amazing.

“So I’ll just give you everything today so you won’t need to come in tomorrow,”

I nodded and listened to every piece of instruction she gave me.”

***

I felt accomplished after I left the office building. I’ve always wanted to work in the fashion industry but I never knew I’d be working at one of the Glamour Kills branches. And Annie added that I might have to travel to the main office for a meeting with Mark. Which pretty awesome.

I drove home, smiling to myself. I parked my car, and grabbed my things and walked into the apartment building. Taking the elevator I hummed to myself. I got off and fumbled with my keys. I opened the door and I saw John and a girl, who i assumed was his girlfriend making out on the couch. My heart fell and I, as quietly as possible tried to get to my room.

“Carly! You’re back!” John tried to push the girl off of him.

“Yeah... don’t mind me, I got things to do.” I replied and then i noticed the girl was the one from the elevator earlier that day. Great. I wanted to jump and hug him, excited about getting the job, just like in the movies but that didn’t happen.

“Did you get the job?” he asked, losing all interest in Mel.

“Yeah,” I mumbled and went into my room closing the door behind me, ignoring John and Mel completely
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Like We Did (Windows Down) - The Maine