Status: completed

Seemed So Far

Roller Coaster

I woke up the next morning and checked my phone. 

1 missed call from Mom.

Oh. Was not expecting her to call but maybe she wanted to check up.

I grabbed my phone and got out of bed, dialing my moms number on the way downstairs. 

After the third ring, she answered. 

"Hello?" So cheery, it creeped me out sometimes.

"Hey Mom"

"Oh Marin! Pumpkin, how is everything going?" Why Pumpkin? I hated when she used nicknames like that, I wasn't five.

"Fine Mom. I got most of it done yesterday."

"Why didn't you finish it?"

"I, uh, went out with some new friends last night." I knew she was going to give me shit for not finishing unpacking. I only had two boxes to do.

"Oh, that's great! So glad you made some new friends, darling"

What.

"Uh, thanks Mom. Listen, I gotta go. Get some groceries and finish unpacking. I'll talk to you later"

"Alright, I love you"

"Love you too, Mom" I hung up. 

What the hell was that? I thought she would be mad? I mean, I knew she was happy I made some new friends and all but she was always a bitch for getting things done.

I sighed and walked into the kitchen then walked out, remembering I still needed groceries. I walked upstairs and into my bedroom, changing out of my pajamas and putting on a pair of dark shorts and a Harley Davidson t-shirt, tucking it in. I ran a brush through my hair, then walked into the bathroom, brushing my teeth. Going downstairs, I found my vans. Shoving them on my feet, I grabbed my coat, wallet and phone. I got into my car, and drove to the nearest grocery store. 

About an hour later, I bought basic things like eggs, milk and cereal. I would just have to go again this weekend. I walked into my house, closing the door with my foot, carrying the groceries in and setting them on the counter in the kitchen. I put the groceries away and made myself a bowl of Lucky Charms. They were my favorite besides Cocoa Pebbles. 

I hopped up on the counter, enjoying my cereal. I wonder what I would wear tonight. Maybe the usual, skinnies and a band tee. I was seeing Garrett again and the rest of the boys. 

I caught myself smiling but was interrupted by knocking on the door. I put my bowl down and hopped off the counter.

I opened the door enough to see who it was.

"Hey," Kennedy smiled.

"Hi," I opened the door more to invite him inside. Shutting it behind him. 

"What are you doing?"

"Finishing up breakfast" I said, walking into the kitchen.

"You like Lucky Charms?" He gestured to the bowl in my hands.

I nodded, finishing my cereal and putting in the sink.

He chuckled, "So does Jared and Pat"

I smiled, turning toward Kennedy.

"So what are you doing today?"

"Um, unpacking the rest of my stuff and I think that's it."

"Ah, that's sounds fun."

"Unpacking is always fun," I teased.

He smiled, "Can I help you unpack?"

"You like helping don't you?" 

"It's what I do, besides being the greatest person in the world"

"Hm. Yeah, I could use your help again"

After about three hours of unpacking, we were done. I know that's a little long for unpacking two boxes, but it was Kennedy's fault. He kept on making fun of me because of the stuffed animals I had. I mean, I needed something from my childhood. But other than making fun of me, he said it was cute. After unpacking, I made him lunch and we watched some awful tv show together. Before I knew it, Kennedy was leaving, telling me that I had an hour to be ready. He was taking me to the venue they were playing at early so I could go backstage. I jumped in excitement when I shut the door behind him. Backstage? I have never been backstage before. And I went to a lot of shows back home. Even when I went with my friends, who knew the band personally, they never invited me backstage before.

I ran up to my room and jumped into the shower. Way to excited to be going backstage.
♠ ♠ ♠
woop. i'm honestly not expecting anyone to like this or comment on it. or even read this. i'm just posting it