Status: Keep in mind, I have a hectic life

Humans, Are Such Nasty Things

How rude. I am a girl.

His shoulder hit my back and cause me to fall. My glasses got knocked off my face.
"Woah! Sorry 'bout that man," he said as he extended his hand to help pick me up.
"Honestly, how rude. I am a girl," I said while adjusting my glasses.
"Eh!" he looked me straight in the face, "Insane! You have purple eyes! That's so cool! Are you like an alien or something?"
"Don't be ridiculous. But I suppose you could call me a mutant. I have a mutation called Alexandria's Genesis."
"Insane!" he squealed, "Hey fellas, you gotta check this chick out!" he said to who I assumed to be his friends.
"No, I won't have that. I refuse to be entertainment for you and your friends. Honestly, what a rude person you are," I said with a tone of finality, "The bell is ringing and I'll be late for class. Well then, may our paths never cross again you ape." And I walked off.
"Same to you, freak!" He called out to me.

"Honestly, don't these people have nothing better to do than make games of people. Now because of that rude person I'm late for class. Well, I got to school later than I thought but that was hardly my fault. Annette came out of nowhere insisting that I eat on my first day of school even though I assured her I was fine. Honestly, what a bothersome person she is," I said to myself, "Well, here's the class, I may as well go in."

I opened the door and felt a chill. It was the type of chill that made me feel defensive and aware.
Before my eyes could scan the room for the source, my mind dismissed it as foolish. Still, I felt a chill.

"How nice of you to join us," This was the teacher. He was a short balding man who look like the slightest upset would send him in an endless tirade. I walked in.
"Class, you'll be having a new student," He continued, "This is Mr. - eh- Bright was it? Yes, I'm quite - "
"Is everyone blind here or just rude?" I interrupted looking him dead in the eye, "I am a girl. My name is Gwendelyn Bright and I am a girl."
There was a few gasps and snickers for the class. I even heard one or two scoffs. The teacher whose name I still haven't got was red and a vein was throbbing in his neck. My gaze didn't falter.

"Why you little - wait, are your eyes purple!"
"Yes do you have a problem with them sir?" I retorted.
"How dare you talk to a teacher like that! NO WILDLY COLOURED CONTACTS IN SCHOOL!" He raged.
"They're my natural colour," I said coolly.
"I don't believe it!"
"Google Alexandria's Genesis when you have the time if you want to find out why I have purple eyes sir,"
"Christ, not only do I have Goldie over there and all his siblings, but now Little Miss Purple has come to join the party!" he said more to himself than anyone in the room.
"Goldie?" I asked.
"FINE! You can take a seat next to Mr Jon or Mr Cullen! Just hurry up so I can start my class!" He groaned rubbing his head and collapsing in his chair. For some reason, the name Cullen seemed familiar to me.
"Very well," as I turned to walk down the aisle almost everyone stood up and gave me a standing ovation.
"Sit DOWN! SIT DOWN YOU DAMN MAGGOTS! SIT DOWN! OI! IF EVERYONE DOESN'T - WHY DON'T YOU SHOVE THAT FINGER UP YOUR ASS, MR SCOTT - SIT DOWN RIGHT NOW OR TWO WEEKS CLASS DETENTION!" The teacher threatened. It worked too. Everyone settled down but there was still some suppressed giggles and whispers.

The chill came back. And it was directing me to a boy who sat alone next to a window. He was one of the persons that didn't applaud. The others were most likely suck ups to the teacher, but he seemed to be enjoying his own private joke. There was a little smirk on his face. It pissed me off.

He had dark bronze hair and was incredibly handsome. It didn't seem real. He was also extremely pale. Much paler than I, (one of the side effects of having my mutation was pale skin) but that too seem false in a way.

At the time he wasn't looking at me. His eyes were closed in concentration. His brow and eyelashes looked very dark against his complexion. But what really got me, was that smirk. That little smirk that seemed to laugh at everyone. It was the type of smirk that made you want to slap the person silly. It was as if it was saying, 'I know something you don't know' in a little sing-song voice. Then that smirk grew in to a smile and made me make that 'tsk' sound.

Then I felt a sharp slap in my head causing it to recline.

"If you quite done staring at Mr Cullen, I suggest you sit down so I can continue with my class MISS Bright" the teacher said making sure to put emphasis on the Miss.

I sat down without objection. But what had I been doing? Perhaps I was standing too long. I suppose I was obstructing his class, but was that a reasonable excuse to strike me in my head. Honestly, the people here are far too rude.

I noticed that the teacher was giving me a look. I looked straight back at him and did not falter.

"Creepy kid," He scoffed, "I'll be lenient with you 'cause it's your first day here. You'd better be grateful."
I didn't say anything, I just stared.
"Now continuing with the lesson. If you would look at the samples in-front of you, you and your partner will....." He said addressing the class now.

Yes, this was one of those desk that seated two people. Often fit if you're working in pairs. Which is exactly why I hate biology. Too much interacting with people. Speaking of people, my desk mate still has not said one word to me yet.

I turned to face him and in that moment the tip of his nose touched the tip of mine. I made a little scream out of shock and my body jumped back without me telling it and I ended up sitting on the floor.

"Ouch," I said to myself. the whole class shook with laughter and I felt the heat in my cheeks. I clenched my teeth in fury at the mysterious boy who not only made me fall and insulted my pride, but was also chuckling.

And not only was he chuckling, oh no, he had the audacity, to stretch his hand out and offer to help me up. A small growl escaped from my lips.

"You little twerp!" the teacher said marching toward me, his face purple with rage.
I adjusted my glasses and turned to glare at him.
"If you ever disrupt my class again, I'll - uh -" My gaze stopped him in his tracks. I stared at him deeply and intently. The fury that I gave Jon or Cullen, (I still don't know which he is) was hot fury. But, I'm sure that the fury Mr Teacher saw in my eyes was cold and piercing. A cold sweat broke out on his forehead and he paused. His eyes were bulged out and scared but there were evident signs that he wanted to cover that up. His lower lip was quivering.

Soon the whole classroom was filled with a tense aura. No one was laughing now. No one was smiling. Although I couldn't see them, I felt eyes looking on me in fear and looking on the teacher in disbelief. The silent was scary and I could feel the discomfort of others around me. I think I saw the one who made me fall looking at me in a puzzling way.

"You - you - eh - uh- I - um - eh, eh, eh, - he - ho," the teacher manage to stutter out while he shook like a leaf.
"If you wish to say something, then speak! You illiterate monkey!" I said angrily. The whole class gasped simultaneously. It was almost comical. The monkey only sweat some more. Eventually he turned but did not break our gaze. He called me a creepy kid and only then, did he turn his head and our gaze that seemed to last an eternity was finally broken.

"W-well, let's continue with the lesson shall we?" He walked forward. It was obvious that he was still shaken up from my gaze.

"Honestly, what a boorish man," I said still staring in his direction.
"So do you plan to take a nap there?" My eyes instinctively darted to him without moving my head. It was that stupid boy who made me fall. He was smiling a crooked smile that had boyish charm sprinkled over it. I narrowed my eyes. His hand was still stretched out to help me stand.

"Why on earth would I want your help?" I said slapping his hand away. It was cold. I picked myself up and dusted myself off and took my seat.

"I'm Edward Cullen by the way," his hand was still stretched but now in a hand-shake manner.
"I understand now Goldie," was my response.
"Huh?"
"Before, the teacher called you Goldie. It was a blatant reference to the colour of your eyes. However, I would say they were more of honey colour."
"Is there really much of a difference?" he laughed.
"Not really,"
He didn't say anything. He looked at me confused.
"It was a joke," I explained.
"What kind of strange joke is that?" He smiled in a simple manner. Then looked at me with that same smile, but it seemed more amused than simple now. Like he just found a new toy. It made me feel edgy. The type of edgy that made you bit your lip and tap your finger on the nearest thing. I don't know why, but this Edward Cullen, really pisses me off.

I narrowed my eyes at him again. "I don't like you."
"You've barely had any time to form an opinion of me, yet you've already declared that you don't like me," He smiled then began shaking his head, "You're they type of person who really speaks her mind."
"What would you know of my mind? How can you tell if I'm not telling a lie?" I said simply without looking directly at him.
"Because you're the type of person who hates liars and betrayers," was his answer.

"Liars are often hated by people who lie. For example, if I were to say that the previous statement was not true I would be a liar because the previous statement if in fact true because I just lied and I do hate liars. However, if I were to say that the previous statement is true I would still be a lying because up until I said anything it, was a false because I in fact did not lie before I said anything and yet I do hate liars. Because of that a lie became a truth and I became a person who lies," was my reply, "In short, yes I do hate liars. However, the last scenario was a lie, it is impossible for one to go through life and not tell at least one lie. If it were nine-fifty-nine and fifty-nine seconds, and you said it were ten oh clock, it would still be a lie."

"I suppose you're right. So then, what separates a liar, from one who lies?" He asked.
"I've been trying to figure that out myself," I replied.
"How odd of you," He said but never explained.
"By the way, I am Gwendelyn Bright," I said extending my hand for him to shake it, "However, if you were paying attention earlier, you would know that."

He look at me in surprise for a while. I didn't smile or show any hints of emotion. If he didn't want to shake it that was fine. It was only expected for him not to after I denied his handshake. Human Nature. But he seemed different somehow. He look at me and smiled. he cocked his head slightly to the side like in cartoons. He put his hand in mine and shook it. For some reason, I felt as if this was the beginning of something great and dark. How interesting.

"Pleased to make your acquaintance, Gwendelyn Bright," He said in a calm cool voice.
"Please be kind to me, Edward Cullen," Our hand still moved and in the instant they broke away, the bell rang.

Time for English.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOO HOO First Fan-fic From MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Kanon - sama! I know how it seems, like she's going to fall head over heels for Eddie, well, your dead wrong! ^ _ ^