Believe in Me Because I'll Believe in You Tonight

Say Goodbye.

Image

---

Cadence’s***POV

Again, it was the same exact scene it was after school yesterday when I woke up.
Parents weren’t home, so I was home alone again with Jack and Sally.
At least it was going to be a weekend, a horrible one at that.
My home phone went off and I casually picked up the phone and answered it by, “Hello?”

“Hi, this is Dr. Smith, is Spencer Chamberlain there?” Some guy asked over the phone.
“I think you have the wrong number dude.” I said as he apologized and politely said good-bye and hung up.

I grabbed a random energy drink I bought before I came home last night out of my empty refrigerator and made my way down the driveway to the mail box.
I sifted through the mail that wasn’t mine and landed on a letter from a boarding school which looked like a college and a high school, in New York.
Why would they want me? I walked slowly back in watching some random person walk by.

“Hey.” Someone called as I slowly turned around to see Spencer.
“Hi.” I said awkwardly as he just glanced at what was in my hand.
“High school and college of New York eh? My mom applied me for that. Pretty sure I got a denied request when I get home.” He smiled.
“I don’t even know who they are.” I shrugged.
“Well, if I do get in, hope to see you around there.” He smiled as he kept walking.

I opened then closed my front door and sat on my couch opening the letter.

Dear Cadence Allan,

We would like to inform you that you have been accepted to the High School and College of New York. Please take this letter for granted as we would even pay for you to come to our school. Starting winter semester we need you to have agree or disagree with out regards. Please make your choice by November 30th. Thank you.

Jenny Johnson
New York, New York

It read.
I sighed and threw the letter to the side.
I only have one week to decide my whole life?
Fantastic.

Mikkey’s***POV

Did I do something wrong?
Maybe I’m too ugly for him.
Questions flooded my mind as I re-dressed and sat at the dinner table waiting for dinner to be served.
In the mean time my brother was flicking spit balls at the back of my head.

“Johnny, knock it off or I’m going to shove that straw up your…”
“Language!” My mom interrupted as I glared at him.
“John stop it, now.” My mother warned as she put a plate full of sushi In front of me.

I plainly picked at it while everyone else ate their dinner.
My mom gave me a worried look and brought up school.

“Michaela, your father and I have decided that maybe you should try a boarding school. It’s a high school and a college. You’ll start winter semester, isn’t that great?” She asked as I stared at her, astonished.
“You and dad decided my whole life without my consent? I have no part in my own life whatsoever!” I said as I slammed my hand on the table making silverware jump.
“Now, it will be great there. Friends and it’s even in the big city, New York, New York.” My mom tried to assure me.

She sure as hell didn’t sound assuring.

“Good I’m glad to be away from here, especially you.” I spat as I pushed my plate away and ran upstairs, locking my bedroom door.

There my tears fell as I buried myself under my blankets and pillows ignoring the knocking from my parents.
Tired from the tear fall I felt myself slipping into dream land where nothing could possibly go wrong.

Aaron’s***POV

“Aaron, Aaron?” I heard a nurse ask as my eyes slowly opened.

A women, probably in her early twenties, awoke me as I laid there, not really remembering anything.

“Do you remember anything, anything at all?” She asked politely as she put her warm hand against my pale, cold forehead.
“I-I remember collapsing.” I said as I remembered how I felt that moment as I fell.
“Do you recall anyone named Spencer Chamberlain?” She asked.
“Yea, I met him, maybe a day or two ago. Why?” I asked with suspicion.

I never remember mentioning him to anyone.

“We got a hold of your father and he mentioned an Alice Chamberlain that he knew very well. He said you would do good living there.” She smiled.

Live with them?

“Why can’t my dad come home?” I asked.
“He can’t Hun; he’s called to the war he stays there until they don’t need him anymore. I’m sorry. Are you hungry?” She asked.
“A little bit.” I shrugged.
“I’ll bring up something for you.” She smiled as she patted my hand and left the room.

Why did it have to be my dad who left?

Spencer’s***POV

“There you are.” My mom said as she handed me a letter from that high school and college in New York, New York.
“Accepted.” My mom smiled.
“When do I start?” I asked as I shoved the letter in my pocket without reading it.
“Winter semester, December 1st.” My mom said as she resumed to her cooking.
“Oh, your friend Aaron is in the hospital. Don’t worry, he is fine, and he will be living with us and even going to boarding school with you.” She said as she stirred our dinner.

I stopped in my tracks and retraced my steps back into the kitchen.

“I think I’ll go and see him.” I nodded as she waved me off and I took off down the street towards the hospital.

***

“Aaron Gillespie, room 201.” A nurse told me as I made my way to the elevator.

I pressed the button for floor 2 and watched the doors slowly close.
Once I made my way to the closed door I took a deep breath and thought about what I was going to say.
I put my hand on the knob and slowly I opened the door to see Aaron eating.
He smiled and waved.
I smiled back and took a seat in a chair next to his bed.

“Hey man long time no see.” He said after he swallowed whatever he was eating.
“Hey, heard you’re going to be living with me for a while. Did you know my mom is sending us off to boarding school?” I asked.
“Uh, no, but that’s okay. I think I would do better in boarding school anyways.” He shrugged as he bit his lip.
“What happened? I mean, if you want to tell me.” I said as I sat there with my hands folded in my lap.
“Y-you’ll think I’m a pansy or something.” He said as he looked away nervously.
“I promise I’m pretty sure being in a hospital isn’t funny.” I said with a sideways smile.
“M-my mom passed away. I really don’t know what happened, but I think I fainted.” He said as I felt saddened.

He lost his mom?

“Oh, I’m sorry.” I said.
“It’s alright. When do we start school?” He asked, changing the subject.
“We start December 1st, winter semester.” I nodded as I stood up.
“I’m pretty sure I’ll be out by tomorrow.” Aaron said as I smiled, stretching.
“I should go Aaron, I’m pretty sure the hospital will call us to come and get you sooner or later.” I said as we both laughed.

He said bye as I opened the door and closed it behind me.