Sequel: Disasterology
Status: Characters are now updated! :D

Chemical Kids and Mechanical Brides

Enter The Mechanical Bride

I opened my eyes. Shattered glass was everywhere. There were a couple of cuts on my arms and hands, but I think most of the blood came from my nose and head. I opened what was left of the door and dragged myself out. I collapsed on the ground and tried to deal with the pain that shot through me, but I ended up looking at the car I crashed into.

It looked more damaged than mine.

Oh my god...the driver!

I picked myself off of the ground and walked carefully to the other car. I looked inside. His head was against the steering wheel, and obviously bleeding. All the windows were broken and some shards of glass were lodged into his arms and neck.

I felt so guilty…

I f**king killed someone…!

A couple of coughs from him made me think otherwise. He sat up slowly, but cried out in pain and clutched his stomach. He was bleeding badly.

“Don’t move! You’re gonna make it worse…!” He looked at me, tears rolling down his blood-stained cheeks. My eyes went wide and the guilt grew worse.

He was beautiful…

I pulled out my cell phone and dialed 911, as I tried to open the door. It was jammed.

F**K!!!

“911. What’s your emergency?” The woman on the phone asked casually.

“Please help! We were in a car accident and the other driver is hurt badly!”

“Are you injured sir?” Are you f**king serious?!

“It doesn’t f**king matter!!! Please get here as fast as you can!!!”
“Where is your location?”
“On the intersection of Carol Drive and Sugar Hill Road—”

Before I could say anything else, my head started to throb, causing me to collapse on the ground.

Minutes later, I heard the sound of sirens, then everything faded to black.
--------

I opened my eyes again and heard a heart monitor beeping. I was lying in bed with bandages all over my arms.

Great…it wasn’t a dream…

And if that wasn’t bad enough, Andy and Mike walked into the room. Of course Andy was furious.

“Damn it Vic! Didn’t I tell you that I didn’t want to find you in the hospital?!”

“Sorry Andy, hospitals like me.”

“Bulls**t!” He glared at me.

“Vic what happened? How the hell did you get into a car accident?” At least Mike was calm.

I sighed. “The steering wheel jammed and the brakes didn’t work. Then a car came…”

The doctor walked inside the room with a smile on his face. “Good. You’re awake.”

Then I remembered the driver that was in the other car.

“The other driver! Is he okay?!”

Andy and Mike stared at me confused for a moment, but I didn’t care.

“Well, he’s in critical condition and hasn’t woken up yet. He should be fine in about four to five days though.” I sighed softly in relief.

“Do…do you think I can see him…?”

I felt my cheeks heat up as Andy and Mike continued to stare at me.

“Maybe later.” The doctor responded as he adjusted his glasses. “We still need to run some tests on you to make sure that you’re okay.” I nodded. “I’ll be back momentarily.” He walked out and closed the door behind him.

Andy and Mike were still staring.

“I feel really bad…I want to apologize…”

Mike placed a hand on my shoulder. “It’s not your fault Vic. The car just failed on you.” I shook my head.

“I shouldn’t have driven it in the first place…”

It was dead quiet until someone’s stomach growled.
I looked at Mike.

“Don’t look at me.”

We both turned toward Andy. He blushed slightly as his stomach growled again. Mike and I both giggled. Andy glared at us. “What? I can’t help it. I was so worried about you I skipped breakfast and drove down here. Do you think you can take me to get a doughnut or something Mike?” “Sure dude. We’ll be back Vic.”
“Bring me one!” “The doctor said he had to run some tests, so no food for you Vic.”
I heard the mocking tone in Andy’s voice and flipped him off before they left the room.
I laid my head back against the pillow and closed my eyes.

All I could see was the guy from last night, his beautiful face stained with blood, blue pleading eyes staring into mine. Tears rolling down his cheeks…I shivered slightly and opened my eyes again.

I can’t believe I almost killed him…
-----------

About two hours of waiting and testing, the doctor allowed me to get dressed in the clothes Mike brought me (and to eat some food). He just gave me a couple of pain killers and told me to take it easy for a week.

Before I left, I was allowed to see him…

He was asleep, or in an induced coma from the pain medication.

I felt myself wince when I saw the bandages around his arms, neck and head. I sat in a chair that was next to his bed. He didn’t move an inch. I looked at the tag on the arm of the bed.

“Kellin Quinn…so that’s your name.”

I looked at him and couldn’t help but smile a little.
“It’s a really nice name…” He smiled slightly…

He smiled at me…?

It turned into a frown for a moment and his hand moved. I grabbed his hand and stroked it softly, trying to calm him down. The frown disappeared and he squeezed my hand gently. My heart raced and without thinking, I pulled my hand away quickly.

He looked confused.

“I’m sorry…! I didn’t mean to…I just…”

The confused look went away.

“I’m sorry…I’ll visit you tomorrow Kellin.” I got up and left the room, my heart still racing inside my chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D