Sequel: Disasterology
Status: Characters are now updated! :D

Chemical Kids and Mechanical Brides

When You're Here With Me

“Vic…Hey Vic.”

I was brought back to reality when Andy nudged me in my arm. “Hm?”
“What’s wrong? You seem really out of it today.” I sighed.

“It’s Kellin…” Andy raised an eyebrow toward me.

“He’s been a little distant lately. He doesn’t eat as much as he used to. He has constant nightmares, but he claims that he’s ‘fine’. I’m afraid that he’s back the way he was before he started staying with us…”
Andy placed a hand on my shoulder.

“You should talk to him. That was a hard day for you guys.” I nodded in understanding.

“I’m gonna get some lunch. Want anything?”
I shook my head. “No thanks.” “M’kay. I’ll be back in about fifteen or twenty minutes.” He called out as he left the store.

I just sat at the register, resting my head in my hands.

I didn’t tell Andy about the fresh marks on Kellin’s wrist. I caught him in the action this time.

It was probably one of the worst things I could witness. He saw that he was caught, pushed past me, and locked himself in the room for about an hour. The bloody razor was left on the floor, so I took the liberty to throw it away.

I felt my chest tightened at the painful memory.

I heard footsteps, so I looked up.

It was Oliver.

“Hey…” He kept his gaze on the ground.

It’s weird. I don’t really feel as much hatred toward him as I used to.

“Hey. Looking for anything in particular?” He shook his head.

“I…I just wanted to apologize about everything. And I mean everything…”

This should be good. I gave him a look for him to continue.

“Everything I did to you…there are no excuses…I was stupid and naïve…I let Ronnie get into my head…I let him influence me. It was the worst mistake I could ever do. I don’t expect you to forgive me…hell, I don’t think I could even forgive myself. But…you have someone else now. Someone who truly loves you, cares for you. Someone who wouldn’t make the same stupid mistakes that I have made. I saw how happy he makes you, something I could never do. You two deserve each other, and it should stay that way.” A couple of tears slid down his cheeks.

I was speechless.

It all adds up. Oliver used to be so sweet and caring. Then he changed so dramatically it was frightening. Ronnie was an influence, a horrible one at that.

I also remembered something else.

I walked over to him and hugged him. He tensed up.

“Why are you hugging me…? Aren’t you mad at me…? I’ve managed to hurt you over and over again…if anything, you should be kicking my ass right now…”

I shook my head. “I know the old you is still in there, Oliver. You were just confused about what was wrong and right. Influence and corruption is a strong thing. But you were strong enough to break it. If it wasn’t for you, I might’ve not found Kellin in time. I wouldn’t have known where he was. Even though I don’t know how you’ve managed to get into my house that day, I’m glad that you did and left that note. You saved lives, Oli.”

He tensed up again at the old nickname. He relaxed and managed to hug me back.

I let go of him and he moved away slightly, shifting his gaze to the ground again.

“So…there’s no hard feelings between us…?” I shook my head and smiled slightly at him.
“Maybe…over time…we could be friends again…?” “Sure. That sounds c—”

“I’m back, Vic! And—” Andy walked in, his sentence cut short as soon as he saw Oliver.

His cheerfulness turned to anger in a split second as the clenched his fists and dashed over to Oliver. He grabbed him by his neck and held him up against the wall.

“Didn’t I tell you that I didn’t want to see you again?!”

“Andy! Stop! It’s okay! Let him go!” He looked at me like I’ve gone insane.

“Trust me! Everything is okay now! Now stop! You’re gonna kill him!” Andy scoffed and let Oliver drop to the ground.

“Care to explain, Vic?” Andy had his arms crossed over his chest while Oliver tried to catch his breath.

“We resolved our issues. I forgive him. There’s no more hard feelings between us now.”

His expression softened. “What…?” “I’m willing to forgive him, Andy. You should be too.”

Oliver stood back up, staggering a little. Andy glanced back at me, then walked over to Oliver.
Oliver whimpered slightly. “I’m not going to hurt you.” Andy held out his hand and smiled slightly.

“If Vic is willing to leave the past behind him, then so am I.”
Oliver smiled nervously and shook Andy’s hand.

So that’s it. There are no more people left to hurt us.

I smiled slightly as Andy started small talk with him.

“Hey Andy. Do you mind covering for me for a bit? I’m gonna go check up on Kellin.” “Sure, no problem. I think Oliver can help me out while you’re gone.” There was a mischievous look on his face.
“Wait, what?”

I chuckled as I walked out of the store. The air was cold and there was still tons of snow on the ground, but the roads aren’t frozen anymore.

And to think that Christmas is in ten days.

Luckily, I have the perfect gift for Kellin.

I pulled into the driveway and got out of the car, rushing into the house so I don’t freeze.

“Kellin! I’m home, love!” No response.

I placed the keys on the kitchen table and walked upstairs to our room. I had to contain myself when I walked inside.

He was asleep on the bed, cuddling his teddy bear in his arms. I frowned slightly as my gaze flashed on the gauze wrapped around his wrist. I got on the bed with him carefully so I wouldn’t wake him up.

“Vic…?” I guess I wasn’t careful enough.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him closer to me. He rested his forehead against my chest.

“Vic…are you mad at me…? About yesterday…?”

“I’m not mad, Kell. I’m just scared…I’m scared that I’m gonna lose you.”

I really am afraid. He’s the love of my life. He’s my everything. I don’t want to lose him to his past and his fears. I’m afraid that he’s not strong enough. That he’ll do something drastic because he can’t handle it anymore…

“Kellin…I know it’s hard. But please…try to fight the pain. I won’t let you fight it alone. I’ll be by your side all the way. But please…don’t give up because you’re losing.” I mentally face-palmed myself as I quoted one of the songs he wrote.

He chuckled slightly. “You read one of my songs…?” He looked up at me, smiling shyly.
I kissed his forehead. “Of course I did.”

He touched his injured wrist. “I’ll stop, Vic. I’ll try to fight it.” He looked at me again.

The brightness in his blue eyes was coming back slowly.

“You want to help me finish decorating the house?” “I’d love to.”

We spent the rest of the afternoon decorating the house and the tree and singing along to Christmas songs.
♠ ♠ ♠
THEM FEELS!!! <3
Here you go my lovelies! And Thanksgiving is in two days. :)
So if I don't post by then...HAPPY THANKSGIVING/TURKEY DAY!!! XD
Don't forget to comment! (and just a random informational side note: Nick Matthews is back in Get Scared. That is all.)
Title Credit: "Heart Of Stone" --Iko (No I have not seen Breaking Dawn Pt. 2 yet. This song was on a Facebook post. So NO SPOLIERS!)