Sequel: Disasterology
Status: Characters are now updated! :D

Chemical Kids and Mechanical Brides

That Went Better Than I Expected

I nearly jumped out of my chair at the sudden outburst. His soft blue eyes were open again, looking at me.

I tried to swallow the lump in my throat, but it didn’t work so well.

I have to tell him the truth. There’s no way out of this. He was still waiting for an answer, I could tell.

“Well….I guess I’m the reason you’re in here….you were in a car accident the other night…”
He just stared at me. I bit down on my lip.

“I’m really sorry…! It’s my fault…I shouldn’t have been driving that piece of junk home in the first place…!”

He placed his hand on mine. “Don’t cry…I’m alive, right?” I didn’t even notice that I was crying.

I wiped the tears away quickly. He still had my hand in his. He smiled slightly.

“You’re the person from yesterday…”
I could feel the blood rush to my cheeks. “I…um…yeah…”

“Thanks...” Those mesmerizing blue eyes stared into mine again.

I just knew the blush grew deeper. “I-I just…felt really bad a-and…I wanted to make sure that y-you w-were okay a-and...” Crap, I was stuttering!

A soft giggle from him stopped me from talking. “It’s okay...That was really sweet of you."

It was quiet between us again. “You never told me your name…” “Victor, or ‘Vic’ for short.”
“Nice to meet you Vic…”

There was another moment of silence between us until the doctor from yesterday walked inside.

“Ah, you’re awake. And nice to see you again Victor.” I nodded. He looked back at Kellin.
“So Kellin, I talked with some other doctors, and we want you to stay here for about three more days, just to keep an eye on you and your injuries. However, after that, you still need a little more recovery time, so driving isn’t' a very good idea right now. We found a Ronnie Radke as an emergency contact—” “No!” Kellin cut him off.

I looked at him with worry, so did the doctor.

“Please…don’t call him…”

The doctor gave him a questioning look. "It's just...he's really busy with work, and...I don't want to make him worry..." That doesn't sound or feel right. The doctor adjusted his glasses again before speaking.
“…I understand. But how else are you going to get home? Is there anyone else you can contact?”
Kellin bit down on his lip softly, then he shook his head.

“I’ll take him home.”

They both looked at me. I don’t care. It seemed like the right thing to do.

“You don’t have to—” “Yes I do. It’s my fault that you’re in here in the first place. Besides, how else are you going to get home?” He bit down on his lip again for a quick second, then he nodded. I smiled a little.

“So it’s settled. The earliest you can pick him up is nine o’clock in the morning, when visiting hours start. I’ll let you two discuss it among yourselves.” The doctor spoke again before he left the room.

“I can’t thank you enough…” He bit down on his lip, blushing slightly. I noticed that’s a really cute habit of his.

“It’s okay. It’s the least I could do.” I smiled at him again. He smiled back, causing the butterflies to return to my stomach.

I spent a good sixty-five minutes with him, getting to know more about him. He told me about how he goes to an art and music school about fifty minutes from here to get a degree for Fine Arts. We talked about our favorite colors, bands and singers. He even mentioned singing and playing guitar sometimes.

“Will you sing for me?” I had to ask.

“No…! I’m…I’m not even that good…”
“Pweaaase?” I poked my bottom lip out in an attempt to pout with my hands clasped together in front of me. He only giggled and blushed slightly.

“Okay…I might sing for you tomorrow.”

That’s all I needed to hear to break out into a huge grin.

“So, you haven’t really told me about yourself yet.” He looked at me with curiosity dancing in those blue orbs. My heart raced in my chest again.

“I’m not really anyone special.” I simply stated. He continued to look at me. He’s not gonna let this go…

“I just work at a music shop. You know, organizing CDs, filing orders for recommended CDs and headphones, stuff like that. And…I would usually play a small show for some of the customers every other Saturday night.”

His eyes went wide with amusement.

“Really?!” I nodded and blushed a little.

“I want to hear you sing!”

I smirked when an idea popped inside my head.

“Sorry…I might sing for you tomorrow.” I mocked his words from earlier.

“Hey! No fair!” He did a cuter pout than mine. Just plain adorable! I gave in too quickly.

“I’ll… I’ll seriously sing for you tomorrow, okay?” He smiled again. “Okay.”

We said our good-byes before I left the room.

That…went better than I expected…
------------

“So, how did it go?”

Andy and I went to the café down the road, conversing over our drinks, mine being Bubble Tea, Andy’s being just a plain Mocha Frappuccino. I took a sip from my drink before answering him.

“It went better than I expected.” He smirked. “Awwwwh. Did you two kiss?”

I nearly choked on my drink. “N-no! We just talked! That’s all…” “Mhmm…sure.”

Then I remembered what I agreed to.

“Um…do you think I can borrow your car Friday…?” He gave me a questioning look.
“I…I kind of agreed to take Kellin home from the hospital…” His eyes widened a little. “Why….?”

“I mean…the doctor came in and said that Kellin still shouldn’t drive much, then he talks about this ‘Ronnie’ guy being an emergency contact and then Kellin cuts him off quickly, telling the doctor not to call him.That has me really worried…and then…he still didn’t have anyone to take him home so…I volunteered to pick him up from the hospital…I just had to. It’s my fault he’s in the hospital anyway…I’m sorry Andy...”

He placed a hand on my shoulder. “It’s okay, Vic. It really is. What time do you need to pick him up?”

A huge grin tugged on my face. He’s so understanding. “Thank you so much, Andy!”
“No problem, but tell me what time, cause I have to work on the afternoon shift at the store on Friday, remember?”

“The doctor said the earliest I could pick him up is 9:00 in the morning.”
“Cool. Not a problem then.”

I smiled and started to think about Kellin again, blushing a little again.

“So…what did you guys talk about?”

“We just got to know about each other a little more…” I responded casually while playing with my straw.

“And….?” Come on Biersack…! Stop being so nosy…!

“Well…he moved here to attend a music and arts school about fifty minutes from here…I wanted to hear him sing…but he told me that he might sing for me tomorrow…we talked about some of our favorite bands too…”

“Idea: you should invite him to your show this Saturday.” My eyes widened with shock.

“W-what?! Why…?! He might not even be up for it! He’ll probably even hate the idea…!”
“Dude, calm down. You’re freaking out more than usual.”

I sat back in my chair and finished drinking my tea.

“Don’t sell yourself so short. You both like the same bands right? I’m sure he’ll love to go.”
“Yeah but…” “Don’t give up without even trying. Now I want you to ask him tomorrow, m’kay?”

“Okay…”

“Speaking of Saturday, what songs are you gonna sing?” I smiled slightly, keeping my focus on my straw.

“I was gonna sing this song that me, Mike, and Jaime worked on.”

“Sweet! What’s the name?!”

“It’s a secret.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!!! My mom took my pc from me cause I had a C in a class (which I don't anymore), so I'm using her pc for the update! Muahaha
-cough- Anyway! Thanks for the feedback, comments, love etc. <3