Sequel: Disasterology
Status: Characters are now updated! :D

Chemical Kids and Mechanical Brides

Please Stay As Long As You Need

“Soooo…did you ask him, Vic?” I nodded quietly.

Mike and I were hanging at Andy’s house after we left work. “Wait…ask who about what?”

Oh yeah…I haven’t really told Mike about the situation yet…

Andy smirked.

“Your bro here got a date for his show on Saturday night.” He nudged me in the arm, almost knocking me over. Mike’s jaw dropped.

“Why didn’t you tell me?! Who is it?” I blushed a little. “Stop bugging me…you’re just as nosy as Andy…”

“So? I’m your little brother! I’m SUPPOSED to be nosy!” I shot him a small glare.

“His name is Kellin Quinn…” “Really? Where’d you meet him?”

“It’s the guy from the hospital, Mike.” Andy spoke out this time. Mike’s eyes widened and he turned his attention back to me.

“You mean the guy that you got into the car accident with?” “Yeah…”

He smiled warmly at me. “Talk about a weird love story, huh?” I laughed a little.

It is kind of true, I guess.

“Don’t you have to pick him up from the hospital tomorrow?” I nodded.
“Well then, you have to go to bed mister.” I frowned.

“Stop sending me to bed so early, Andy! I’m not a little kid anymore…”

“You’re going to bed if you want to get up on time!” I groaned.
“Okay ‘Mom’.”

He smirked. “Damn right I’m your mom.” Mike choked.

“That was a disturbing image that I did not need in my mind. Andy, if I dream about that tonight, I’m gonna smother you with a pillow in your sleep.”

I chuckled as I walked into my bedroom. I stripped down until only my boxers were still on, then I got into bed and drifted to sleep.

I played the moment from today through my head again. I wish he was here in my arms right now…
----------

He’s leaving the hospital today!

I skipped down the hallway with a smile on my face out of pure happiness and excitement.

Why wouldn’t I be excited? He’s coming with me, and he agreed to come to see me on Saturday! I also planned to take him to my favorite café, well if he wants to go.

I continued to skip down the hallway, earning a couple of weird looks from nurses in the process, until I stopped at his room. I was about to open the door, until I heard a voice come from inside.

It wasn’t Kellin’s soft, sweet voice. It was partially deep and rough sounding.

I looked inside. A strong-built guy stood next to Kellin’s bed. He had messy, ink-black hair, wore a black shirt with a black leather jacket, and black ripped skinny jeans, and tattoos ran down his arms.

An uneasy feeling swept over me…

I pressed my ear against the door (moving from the door window of course) and listened to the conversation.

“It doesn’t make much sense if you ask me. You’re going to hang out with a guy that nearly killed you in a car accident. Does he even know that you have a boyfriend? That I’m your boyfriend?”

I felt my heart turn cold and drop.

He has a boyfriend…?

That’s his boyfriend…?

“Ronnie…it wasn’t his fault. He’s a really nice person once you get to know him—”

“Just save it, slut. I’m gonna be late for work.”

Did…did he just…?!

I heard footsteps near closer and I ducked behind a nearby trashcan. He walked out into the hallway.

“Ronnie wait…!” He turned back toward the room.

“What?” The venom was apparent in his voice. It made me sick to my stomach.

“I love you…”

“Whatever…”

He turned away again and walked down the hallway. My blood boiled inside my veins.

How could ANYONE talk to Kellin, the perfect angel, like that? How could Ronnie be such a heartless bastard?! Why would Kellin still be with someone like THAT?

Countless amounts of questions ran through my head. I decided to calm down for a couple of minutes before I walk inside. Kellin would know that I was eavesdropping…

I tried to fake a smile before I walked in, but it disappeared in an instant.

He was sniffling softly, wiping a couple of tears from his face.

“Kellin…” He looked at me and smiled slightly.

“It’s just allergies…”

My stomach twisted into a knot.

How can he pretend like nothing happened so quickly? He just gave out his heart to his “boyfriend”, who completely brushed it off and walked away, just leaving him there alone again…!
I just want to confront him with all of this…!

Instead, I gave him a questioning look. “Allergies from what? It’s the middle of Fall.”

“Probably something from the air vent, I guess. Anyway, are you ready to go?”

I hadn’t even noticed that he was already dressed. I mentally face-palmed myself.

“I’m ready if you are.” I smiled warmly at him. He nodded and tried to get up.

He took a couple of shaky steps before tripping and falling forward.

I ran up to him and caught him just in time though.

“A-Are you okay…?!” He looked up at me, those blue orbs staring into mine once again. The butterflies returned to my stomach and electricity ran through my spine.
A small amount of pink appeared on his cheeks.

“Yeah…I’m fine…I guess my legs are still asleep…thanks…”

I don’t know how long we stayed like this…all of time seemed to stop as we continued to stare at each other.

I wonder if he feels the same way I do…maybe just a small feeling…

“Come on…we should go…” As much as I really didn’t want to end the moment, I had to.
He nodded as I helped him up. His movements were still a bit shaky. “Do you think you can still walk?”
He hesitated for a moment, then he shook his head slightly.

I chuckled. He’s just too adorable for his own good.

“How about a piggy-back ride then?” His eyes lit up.

Like I said, just too adorable.
-----------

“So…what’s it like working at the music store?”

Kellin agreed to come with me to the café. I didn’t really have to beg or plead on my knees. He just simply wanted to hang out with me, which I have NO problem with that whatsoever.

“It’s okay I guess. Organizing CDs can get boring from time to time, but it’s nice to just play around with the instruments or listen to new music on my free time.”

“Do they sell anything else there?”

“Yeah, usually CDs or musical appliances like headphones and such. I convinced the boss to allow band shirts and hoodies to be sold there. Now it’s kind of hard to keep them on the shelves”, I explained with a proud smirk on my face.

“Sounds pretty cool.”

“So what about you?” “Hm?” “What’s music school like?”

“It’s okay. The courses are pretty decent. I have A’s and B’s in my classes.”

He played around with the straw in his drink. He ordered Bubble Tea as well. Go figure.

“Is your dorm roommate nice?” “Actually, I don’t stay at the school.”
“Really?” I took a sip from my drink.

“Yeah…I live with my boyfriend.”

I nearly choked. My blood started to boil again at the thought of the bastard from earlier.
Luckily, Kellin didn’t notice.

“Boyfriend, huh?”

He kept his gaze down and nodded slightly.

There wasn’t the slightest sign of a smile. There wasn’t a blush.

He just simply nodded.

“Is there something wrong?”

I didn’t need to ask. All the proof I need is from their little talk this morning.

“Nothing. Why do you ask?” “You just look a little down…”

He looked at me again and smiled slightly. “I’m okay…really.”

If only that were true…

I pulled out my phone to check the time. It read 10:59 A.M.

“Crap!” Kellin looked at me, confused.

“I was supposed to pick you up from the hospital and then take you home! Andy’s has to drive to work in about twenty minutes!” I groaned and tugged at my hair.

“I’m sorry…I didn’t know you had plans or anything…” He was biting on his lip again.

“It’s okay Kell, it’s not your fault…”

He smiled slightly. “Where did you get the nickname from?”
“What?”

“You’ve called me ‘Kell’ at least six times since we’ve met.”

And once again, he managed to cause the blood to rush to my cheeks.

“I…I guess it j-just…I don’t know…!” I bit on my straw to shut up.

“It’s okay…it’s actually…kind of cute…” He blushed this time. “We should go…I don’t want to get your friend in trouble with work.” I nodded dejectedly.

Then, an idea popped into my head.

“Or…you can come with us and just hang around the store…I-If you want to…”

“I mean…I don’t want to intrude or anything…”
“It’s okay. We’re not even that busy on Fridays. You can even mess around with some of the instruments if you want.”

He bit on his lip. “Alright, you convinced me.”

YES!!! Mental award ceremony!

“Let’s go then!” I stood up and grabbed his hand, leading him out of the café.

This day is starting to get better.

Also…I think is best to try to keep Kellin away from Ronnie as much as possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah...still haven't got my PC back. But I'm still typing with my school computer! XD
Sorry for the late updates my lovelies! :O <3

Title Credit: "If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn" - Sleeping With Sirens