Status: Active

The American Princess

Nandos Run

I had 2 days before I started "Uni" and Kelsey was determined to get me out and about. But we needed to go to the embassey so that I can exchange my dollars for pounds. Kelsey blasted One Direction the whole time we were out, so that by the time we got back to the flat, I knew the words to almost every song.

"So you've got it?" Kelsey asked with a sneer.

"Got what?" I ask.

"The 'One Direction Infection'?"

"There's a name?!" I say in shock.

Kelsey nodded as she sat on the couch in the living room. I sit beside her as my stomach rumbles.
"Ooh! I forgot to pick up dinner!" Kelsey exclaimed. "What are you hungry for?"

"Anything right now." I say leaning back. Kelsey smiled real big, got up, and grabbed me by the hand.

"Whoa! Where are we going?"

Kelsey had pulled me back out the door. "Ever heard of this place called Nandos?" She asked locking the door.

"No...." I trail as she pulls me down the stairs.

"You Americans are missing out." I can tell she had rolled her eyes.

"I know, everything's cooler on this side of the planet." I say sighing. We hop into the car and are on our way.

"Anyway, if you like chicken, then you'll love Nandos."

I tapped my chin. "Okay."

"Good, because I wasn't going to take no for an answer." Kelsey said pulling into a semi-full parking lot.

I nod and follow her to the entrance. There were screaming girls, surrounding a blocked off area. Kelsey being a bit taller than me, looked over and gasped.

"Niall and Zayn from One Direction are eating here!" She squealed. I scratched my head, but stood on my toes to see if I could see. I couldn't so I crossed my arms.

"Which ones are they again?" I ask.

Kelsey looked back at me and sighed.
"The blonde one and the one with the quiff."

"Ooh!" I say as the group of squealing girls dwindled.

Once we got to the front of the line, the seater greeted us ans explained that we were not allowed to talk to the boys unless they are finished eating and are willing to speak to us. We were okay with that and were placed at a table close to the back.

"This place is quite nice." I say looking around.

"Uh huh...." Kelsey said. I could tell she wasn't looking at me, but past me. So I turned around and see the boys getting up from their table. The kitchen was behind us and that's where it seemed that they were going. Up close, both boys were very attractive, but I couldn't keep my eyes off of ...Niall...well I think he was Niall.

Right before they disappeared into the kitchen, the blonde one made eye contact with me and winked. My eyes got big as I hear Kelsey squeal.
"You lucky little bugger!" She said as I turn back around. "Niall Horan from Direction just winked at you!"

'Oh, so he was Niall!'

"Well you know..." I say shrugging it off like it was nothing.

"If I didn't have a boyfriend, I'd be excited to get a wink from anyone from 1D." She said as the waiter came. He took our order and walking away.

"Maybe he knew you weren't from here." She said cheking her phone.

"How in the world would he know I'm foreign?" I ask raising a brow.

"I don't know actually....but he likes Demi Lovato, and she's American!" Kelsey smirked looking like she made a point.

I shook my head.
"I don't think that has anything to do with it. He sees girls prettier than me! And girls throw themselves at famous, good looking guys all the time!"

"But they're desparate for attention. Guys don't want all of that. They want subtly." She said leaning back.

I shake my head as the food is placed on the table. We thank the waiter and dig in.
"Oh my gosh, this is really good!" I say swallowing my first bite.

"You know, Niall loves Nandos....well food in general, but he loves Nandos."

"Kelsey...I'm going to maim you if you keep talking about Niall like he's my lover." I say laughing. Kelsey laughs too and we continue eating.

When we finish eating, we pay, leave, and continue joking in the car. That's when Kelsey's phone rings. As she's talking, I look out into the London night. Everything looked so pretty as the moons sits high in the sky. I smile feeling at peace here than I had at home wishing I were dead.

"Well good news." Kelsey said bringing me back. "You get to officially meet my boyfriend."

I chuckled, remembering what she had told me about her hilariously, sweet boyfriend, Ted.
"He's not gonna try and pull a trick on me, is he?" I ask.

"Probably not...but he said he had a housewarming gift for you."

"Oh goody...I'm in for a surprise." I say leaning back in my seat, enjoying the ride.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay a second chapter! I think this is it for the night. Anyways, I hope you liked the chapter so yea.
Comment? Subscribe? Recommend?
Thanks for reading!
--<3 Domie