Status: new; active

Shield Me From the Storms

British B Movie

“Josh!”
My heart leaped in my chest when it recognized the voice calling my name. I turned to see Dani walking towards me, Sophia a few steps behind me. Dani was grinning ear to ear, his hair wind blown, pale skin practically snow compared to my chocolate skin. The bruise on the corner of his eye was merely a fading yellow now, the threat it loomed over our heads seemingly gone. I believed him about the shower story, why would he lie to me? I had this feeling in the pit of my stomach Dani would tell me the truth no matter what, that I could trust him... so I did.
The boy reached me in record time, beaming head to toe. “You... I can't believe my own eyes! You just won the game. That was so cool! How did you do a flip like that?”
He was referring to my rather awesome move not five minutes ago, earning the winning score we desperately needed. I had been practicing and practicing forever and finally got to use the front flip kick. This moment could get me so many offers for scholarships. It was even more incredible that Dani was so fascinated and proud of me. The look on his face made my heart clench hard.
I pulled him into a hug, smiling over his head at Sophia. She gave me two thumbs up and a big teethy grin.
“You wanna come over?” Dani whispered in my ear.
My stomach rolled and tingled oddly. I kisses his neck. “Yes.”
He shuddered and slowly pulled away, a weird look in his eyes I've never seen before. It turned me on.
“Can I buy you ice cream?” Sophia asked. “You deserve a million dollars, but ice cream is what I can offer.”
I chuckled. “I'll take a giant scoop of mint chocolate chip.”
Sophia giggled. “The mint will help your breath.”
“Hey!” I went to poke her in the ribs but she dodged my finger. Soon, I was chasing her through the grass, poking her with every chance I got. We were giggling like children, her hands slapping me away, our feet tangling. We fell to the ground in a heap of laughter, Dani watching us with a smile on his face.
“Good job today Ivans,” Sophia breathed, patting my chest as she sat up, brushing the grass from her vibrant orange shirt.
“Thanks.”
“Let's get ice cream.”
I shot to my feet. “Totally.”

********

An hour and an ice cream cone later, I parked in Dani's driveway. We silently got out of the car, my duffle bag slung over my shoulder.
“You mind if I use your shower? I don't wanna stink up your house.”
Dani smiled. “Go ahead. We don't mind.”
We climbed the stairs to his bathroom and he showed me how to use the knobs for temperature and how to get the shower running.
“I'll fetch you a towel.”
“Thanks.”
He shut the door and I shed my clothes, stepping into the already warm water. It pelted against my skin, the steam filling my nostrils and clearing away the dirt and grime. It was a little weird being in someone else's shower, especially when Dani awkwardly dropped off the towel, so I kept it short, washing my body and getting out. After I wrapped the towel around my waist, I realized I left my duffle bag by the door downstairs. Fack.
I opened the door and quickly stepped out, creeping down the stairs. Peaking around the corner, I found my bag exactly where I remembered leaving it. I ran like a bat out of hell, snatching it off the ground and bolting back up the stairs. The next thing I knew I heard a squeak and I was on the floor.. or rather on top of someone on the floor. I looked down into familiar blue eyes, my cheeks already heating.
Dani stared up at me with the widest gaze I had ever seen, his hands frozen on my chest where they had tried to protect him from my crushing weight.
“H-hi,” I whispered, unable to form anything truly coherent.
“Are- are you naked?” He stuttered, his cheeks flushing tomato red.
I bit my lip, taking notice of my duffle bag just past his head. “Um, I forgot my bag downstairs.”
He nodded slowly, his eyes slowly moving their way down from my face to my bare chest and my arms. I didn't think it was possible for his cheeks to get any redder, but they did.
“U-uh, you should probably get dressed.”
I nodded. “Yeah.
I slowly got up from him, making sure my towel didn't slip and reveal anything uh... private. Once I was in the bathroom, I shut the door and leaned against it, letting out the biggest breath. That... had been so uncomfortable, yet when I dropped my towel, my body was telling me something else. It's been so long since I've experienced any kind of intimacy, any passion; I couldn't really blame my body for reacting.
Shaking my head of such thoughts, I began pulling on a pair of underwear and jeans, the zip up a little tight for comfort if you know what I mean. I then proceeded to choose a white shirt with some abstract design on it, opening the door and heading back downstairs, dropping my malicious bag by the door.
When I turned around, Dani was coming around the corner from the kitchen, two glasses of apple juice in his hand. I smiled at him and took a glass when he offered it.
“Thanks.”
“No problem,” he murmured, his eyes straying to my shirt. “I like your shirt. It's cool.”
“Thanks.”
“Wanna watch a film?”
“Sure.”
He led me to the living room. I sat on the couch as he got it all set up on a big screen TV. He snuggled into my side as it started to play, some weird British B movie he chose, but I decided that was okay. My attention was elsewhere anyways, like the softness of his skin on mine. The compare of creamy milk next to dark chocolate. The warmth spreading from his body to mine. I loved it.
I looked down at his soft face, his sharp cheek bones, his full pink lips, his cute button nose, and those eyes. God those blue eyes.
I heard a strange noise and my attention was brought back to the TV. The characters were two males and they were yelling at each other. One seemed to still be in the closet and was freaking his shit on the other. I watched intently; the scene was actually quite heart wrenching. In the end, the out one pulled the other into this super romantic kiss and a sex scene began.
I felt my chest compress with awkwardness as the scene progressed, luckily not porn quality, but still causing quite a reaction. Dani rolled his head to look up at me.
“I can skip this if you want. I forgot this scene was in here.”
“That's alright. It looks like it's almost over anyway.”
And I was right, the screen was now showing the two sprawled out in a bed the next morning.
Dani's fingers started tracing shapes in my thigh absently, something I wouldn't have minded if my body wasn't so on alert. I chose to ignore it, but it slowly started to eat at me until I couldn't handle it anymore.
I took his hand abruptly, surprising him. Our eyes locked for a maximum of two seconds before I pulled him into a hard kiss, our lips meshing together. Fire whooshed through my body, lighting up everything that was in the dark. Dani was slow to respond, but eventually he was comfortably in my lap, fingers tangled in my afro as we passionately kissed. My hands gripped his hips, guiding them in a slow rotation that caused such great friction I groaned. Our tongues twisted and touched, exploring each other's mouths. My teeth pulled on his bottom lip teasingly and he moaned softly.
My fingers ran along his hip bones to the edge of his t-shirt, where I started to creep up, feeling more of his deliciously soft skin. Dani followed my actions, his nails running along the planes of my chest. Fuck, if I wasn't already hard, that would have definitely done the trick.
I abandoned my attempt to be sensual, my hands going to his hair and pulling, our kiss slightly breaking. I watched as Dani's eyes widened with arousal, but also fear. My grip instantly loosened and he was out of my lap within nanoseconds, leaving me cold. My brows automatically furrowed in concern.
“Dani?” I reached out to him, but he gently pushed my hand away.
“I-I-I'm not ready.”
“Dani, that's okay. I'm not -”
“No, you don't get it. I'm not ready for any of it. I can't do this.” He stood up abruptly, heading for the stairs.
“Dani -.”
“Josh, please go home.”
“What?” I ran over to him, holding him by his shoulders. “I'm sorry if I scared you. I promise this-.”
“I just to need think. Alone. Please.”
When I looked into his eyes, I knew there was nothing I could do to change his mind. I nodded. “Alright.” Letting go of his shoulders, my chest contracted hard with guilt and confusion. I couldn't have left that house fast enough.
Once in the safety of the horse barn, I let my thoughts run free. I hurt him. I was too bold. Was I too harsh? Too frisky? I had to have done something. It was going so great. The hair pulling? Maybe he didn't like it. Or maybe he liked it so much it scared him. Maybe he's a virgin... what am I kidding? He's totally a virgin. Crap.
I should have known better. This is Dani, the shy kid with trust issues. I should have known to control myself. Fuck. I hope I didn't ruin things. Just my luck to get somewhere and then trash it when things get good.
I petted Stevie's long nose. He looked back at me. “What am I going to do, Stevie?” My forehead rested on his, as if touching him could tell me what he was thinking. I bet he was thinking I'm a complete idiot.