Status: My first story and seems to be going better than I had expected. If you're a sucker for twists then hopefully you'll enjoy this story.

Sinister Eyes

First Day of Hell

I hesitated to open the door. A wave of hysteria rushed through my body with my heart beating fast, knowing entering that door will change my life forever. I closed my green eyes, inhaling a deep breath before finally entering the room.

"Rayson!" Ally yelled from across the room. She sat alone at a table waiting for me.

I smiled and have her my best smile. "Hey! Can't believe I finally made it."

She just rolled her blue eyes. Her hair was a dark brown, could almost pass for black. Her skin was really light with a tint of a tan. She wore Velencity's traditional military outfit, a black suit with a small blue circle with swirls inside as a design.

The guy's outfit was a little different. I turned to look in the mirror that was right behind us. There it showed a boy with black scruffy hair. His eyes were green like a emerald that glistened in the sun. His skin was a little tan but darker than Ally. This was me, a sixteen year old teen who now graduated the academy and going to take on major assignments as a soldier.

"So what do you think so far?" I asked Ally, taking a seat next to her.

She burped loud as if she were a man inside a woman's body. "It seems okay. I'm just excited for the ceremony. It seems only yesterday that I was an academy student."

"Or a man too."

She punched me hard in the arm, both of us laughing. I turned to look at everyone here. The place was crowded with people laughing and messing around. It was hard to believe that I actually graduated the academy. I was nearly struggling but managed in the end. It's rather sad. At age eight they took you from your parents and for several years all you're doing is training and getting prepared to join the war. Some students are even suppose to take on missions related to the war.

One mission however Ally and me will remember for our lives. We nearly died when was told to make it across a warring field and catch a hostage. It failed with a big explosion hitting Ally, my friend Aidan and me. Ally and me survived, but Aidan was found crushed by a building that fell apart. Since then we had permanent scars and burns on our chest and arms.

"Welcome everybody! We'd all like to congratulate you for graduating the academy! My name is Cedric and I'm Head Leader of Velencity. Now today is the day where everything gets serious." A man said in a formal suit on stage. His hair was white and had a few wrinkles on his face. His eye's were dark blue, scanning the crowd of graduates.

"You all had fun and games, but now we all need to let go of that. Today you will be given your first test. You must report to Elite Rank Susan. There she will explain everybody." Cedric said with a big smile on his face.

Ally looked towards me with a raising eyebrow. "I thought today would be a kick-back day?"

I just shrugged and looked back to Cedric.

Cedric clapped his hands together, taking a long look at everybody. "Alright then. Now before we send everybody off I would like to wish you all good luck. May Velency guide you!"

Everybody clapped as Cedric walked away from the stage. I looked over to Ally. "Who's Velency?"

"I heard it was the person who created Velencity."

Nodding we both got up and walked over to the exit where hundreds of others tried to go through. Walking through a long hall everybody started to talk about the test. Some girl complained about her boyfriend and another said something about her family. Upon entering a large door everybody entered inside, standing by the walls and waiting.

A woman with blonde hair stood in the center of the room. She wore the same traditional clothing everybody wore but with a badge of the left side. A tall muscular man was behind her. He wore the same outfit as she did. His skin was dark and his hair was shaved. Both they're eye colors were brown.

"Hello everybody. My name is Susan. This right here is my partner Lawrence. We'll be the one testing you today." Susan yelled across the room.

"The test you will be taking will be the Loyalty Test." Scanning the crowd Lawrence pointed to a girl with red hair. "You there, come here."

Walking towards him the red haired girl looked up at him. "Yes?"

"You will SPEAK when I TELL you too." Yelling at her. The red haired girl and everybody stood frozen from Lawrence snapping at her. "What is your name?"

"Um...Anna..." She said quietly.

"SPEAK LOUDER." Shouted Lawrence once again, this time in her face.

"Anna!" She yelled, her body tightening up. Her body started to shake a little.

Susan looked towards a boy and pointed towards him. "You come here as well."

A tall boy with brown hair walked on over, not saying a word and making the mistake Anna did.

"What's your name?"

"Eric!" Saying loud enough for everybody to hear.

"Yes very good." Said Susan, looking towards to Anna. Grabbing a knife she handed it to her. "Kill him."

Her eye's popped open as both the boy and everybody gasped. "What?!"

"CAN YOU HEAR? I SAID KILL HIM." Susan yelled in her face, their faces nearly touching.

Tears started to roll down her eyes. "I-I can't!"

Lawrence glared at Anna, getting so close to her she could hear his breathing. "You WILL DO AS WE SAY. KILL. HIM. NOW!"

Immediately the girl charged at the boy, stunned that she was actually gonna do it. Raising the knife in the air she swung down, only to be grabbed by Susan's hand. "Very good. Both of you sit in the back."

Still stunned and terrified they slowly walked to the back, the girl still shedding tears. Susan slowly walked a pace, looking at everybody. A look that burned through people's eye's. "Play time is over. Things are serious now. Either you do what we ask or pay the consequences. Do I make my self clear to everyone?"

Nobody answered. Everybody was still dazed and shocked that they would make her do that to a comrade.

"DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?"

"Yes sir!" Everybody shouted.

Ally and me stood still, breathless. What kind of thing did we get our self into? It's not like we asked to be in this. I turned to Ally who stared at the ground, unable to speak.

"This is cruel..." I said quietly to her.

"You there, boy. What did you say?" Yelled Susan who had heard him say something.

My body tensed up, feeling her eyes burn through me. I didn't speak. I wasn't sure what to say at all.

"Come here. Now." shouted the giant Lawrence.

Slowly walking towards them I could feel my stomach turn all around inside. Ally watched in wide eye that her best friend could probably be in serious trouble. As I got close to them I stopped, staring at her eyes.

Susan didn't say anything for a moment. Finally she said, "what the hell were you saying when not given permission to speak?"

I just stared at her, feeling her intensity of her glare push back against mine. "I said this is cruel."

Both her and Lawrence raised an eyebrow. Everybody against the walls tensed up as if they were about to witness something horrible.

"Cruel huh? Did you hear that Lawrence? This brave young man said this is cruel." She said, walking slowly around me. I could still feel her eye's burning against my body. "What is your name?"

"Rayson."

"Rayson huh?" Looking to Ally she pointed towards her, telling her to come here. Slowly making her way to us Susan looked back to me.

"You do know this world is cruel. Whether you like it or not you will have to face it sooner or later." Backing a few feet away from us she looked to Ally. "Punch him. Hard."

Ally just looked at me with shocked wide eyes, looking back to Susan.

"Do it. Now." Susan said but with a more forced voice.

Again she looked at me this time shaking. I just nodded, telling her it was okay to. Gripping her hand into a fist she immediately punched me hard in the face, sending me at least a few feet back nearly making me lose my balance but catching it in time. It hurt feeling that big impact slam against my face.

"Very good." Saying with pride in her voice. "Now Rayson. Punch her back."

I turned to look at her, glaring while holding my right face with my hand, thinking as if that were heal it. "No."

Susan glared as so did Lawrence. "Very well. Whats your name?"

"Ally..."

"Ally, go sit in the back."

Doing so immediately she went to the back.

"Now wanna disobey orders huh? Punch me in the face. If you don't, Lawrence will slam his fist against your face each time you don't." Putting her face close enough she pointed to her cheek.

I just stood there watching her point to her cheek. I refused to punch someone for no reason. It just wasn't right. Before I could even look to Lawrence, I felt a stab of pain against my face sending me against the floor. I rubbed my face on the ground, it hurt, a lot.

Susan just stared with disapproving eyes. "People like you make me sick. Just cause it's your first day I'll let you go. Just remember, I hope the next time you follow my orders." Walking away from my body I got up, still staring at the ground. I slowly made my way to the back to sit next to Ally.

"I'm so sorry..." She said softly, guilt tearing her apart in half.

"No it's okay. I didn't want to get you in trouble." I said quietly, just staring at the ground still. I continued to rub my cheek, a giant bruise now forming.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah first Chapter. Don't think I did to good. Give me feedback please though! Will appreciate it!