Status: My first story and seems to be going better than I had expected. If you're a sucker for twists then hopefully you'll enjoy this story.

Sinister Eyes

Eyes of a Fighter

"A boy can't hit a girl!"

"That's not right!"

Commotion was spreading through the crowd of teens like crazy. The moment Elrick's picture came up next to Elaine everybody was well aware of what the outcome of this match will be like.

"Everyone shut up!" Yelled Susan throwing her hands in the air to cut everyone from speaking any further. With the crowd now calmed Susan just gave a long sigh. "When you get into war you'll be seeing woman themselves getting into fights with other men in the opposing faction. It's survive or die."

Elrick made his way over to the center. His expression was full of excitement, like he has been waiting for this to happen all his life. "Come on over Elaine, I don't bite to hard." He teased.

Syrus and me looked over to her with expressions of anger. "Hey you should forfeit. I just don't think you'll do go-" Elaine cut me off with her finger raising to my mouth.

"I'm going."

"Elaine you know you can't wi-"

"Syrus...I know you're trying to be an older brother but I'm not the little girl you and mom knew. I can't keep running away anymore." Finally saying before heading off.

I looked over to Syrus who stood quiet knowing his little sister was off to go fight. Sadness filled his eyes, yet he seemed proud.

Stepping in the center she locked eyes with her opponent. She slowly started to tremble knowing this guy was a lot bigger than she was.

"Hey beautiful. After this how about you spend the night in my room?" Smirked a teasing Elrick.

Elaine however just glared at him. "Oh like that one guy told your mom? I'm sure she had a good time." Finally saying.

Everybody in the back couldn't help but crack smiles and laugh. "Ooooh!" Tons of them yelled.

Syrus and me grinned but it faded away after seeing Elrick's face change from excitement to anger.

"Enough you two. You guys may now...begin!" Yelled Lawrence.

Elaine immediately took off running with her fist raised in the air. Getting close enough to her target she swung her fist however was immediately struck hard in the face sending her to the ground. She groaned at the terrible pain from the force of Elrick's punch. Within two seconds she got up and took charge again. Swinging another fist she missed due to Elrick sliding to the side then striking her hard at the side.

I flinched at each time Elaine got hit. Every impact that was done to her sent her to the floor or causing her to lose balance. Syrus looked more uncomfortable as each second passed. His hands tightened into fists and constantly turned away knowing his little sister was out there getting beat.

Blood was now gushing out from Elaine's face, her movement getting slower and slower each time. Taking another charge towards Elrick she put every last strength she had into her fist, sending her arm straight towards him.

Turning away he kicked one of her legs, making her fall forward and using this time to send one final punch straight in the face. Elaine screamed as she was forced backwards from the hit, hitting her head hard on the floor.

"Enough!" Yelled Susan in time before Elrick could do anymore damage.

Syrus immediately took off running towards his sister who laid on the ground in pain. Both Lawrence and Susan looked towards him.

"Stop! If you come any closer you will be disqualified-"

"I don't care!" He yelled cutting Susan off. Slowly grabbing his sister he gently picked her up, getting blood all over his gear. In the back two men came rushing over, helping him carry his sister to the medic room.

I looked over to them, having a big urge to go with them. Looking over to Susan she muttered some words about entering the arena without permission and all that. As she was done explaining, two other people appeared on the board, next to battle. Seeing that it wasn't my turn I quickly rushed on over to the medic room.

Entering the room I could see long rows of beds throughout the room. Elaine and Syrus were at the far end. Ally and Keren was with them.

"Rayson!" Yelled Ally with a smile.

I made a quick pace over to them, looking straight to Elaine. "How you feeling?" They had just finished getting the blood off her. Her face looked terrible from the wounds that were now placed on her.

"Like shit."

"That guy Elrick is a jerk...I know I don't really know Elaine but I honestly don't think you deserved this." Said Keren who joined the conversation.

Elaine's eyes slowly moved over to Keren. "It's okay...I had to go up sooner or later."

I sat next to her but to only be poked by Ally. I cocked my head to her. "What?"

"I don't think you should be in here. I think your match is gonna be starting soon."

"Yeah she's right. You better get going." Replied Syrus.

I looked over to Elaine wondering if she'll be alright. I didn't wanna leave her, well since she just got pounded by some ogre.

"I'll come with you." Replied Ally, immediately grabbing my hand.

"I'll come too." said Keren as well.

All three of us made our way back to where everybody was, taking a last look at Syrus and Elaine before I even walked out from the room. The moment we came out was when the next round was going to start.

"Guess we're in time." I said quietly but loud enough for them to hear. We headed back to our seats. Two girls were on their way to the medic room, and the next round was about to start. Looking to the board we waited for who would be up against who. Pictures randomly flashed on the board, each person started to tense up. As two pictures came out, the names were right below their pictures: Rayson and Caro.

"Oh my..." Keren instantly saying however didn't finish. Some people started up a conversation about this guy.

"Who's Caro?" Both Ally and me asked at the same time as if we both knew the other persons mind.

Keren took a slight breathe, her eyes darted toward me. "Caro was in my team at the academy. Group 14." Her eyes turned to someone else, pointing towards him. "That's him."

We all turned to see who this person was. He did the same as well, his eyes immediately finding mine. His eyes were a amber color, with brown muffled hair and tinted light skin. He was my height, 5'7 and didn't look any bigger than I did. The look in his eyes looked intimidating, burning through mine as if they were nothing.

"He's a fierce fighter. From what I know of he hasn't lost any fights. His fighting style comes from his family history, a brute force kind of fighting style." She continued, turning away. She flinched at the bruises she got from her fight. "I suggest you forfeit. You look like a good fighter but I don't think you could go up against him."

I didn't look back from Caro. He turned around and made his way to the center, waiting. Ally kept on looking back from Caro to me, not sure of what to say. I wasn't exactly sure what to do myself. Supposedly this guy never lost a fight, which made it more intimidating. I gave a long sigh, standing up from my seat. "I'll go."

Ally smiled softly. "Good luck. I know you can do it."

Keren didn't say anything. Her eyes just watched Caro, one of her friends.

Making my way towards the center of the arena I could feel eyes burning at the back of my head. Finally at the center I locked eyes with my opponent. His amber eyes seemed to break through easily against my green eyes. I could feel the raging urge inside of him to fight, literally getting ready to burst through his cage. He stuck his hand out, eyes not moving at all. My arm reached out and grabbed his hands, both of us shaking it.

"A greeting?" Susan asked.

"I was told to always give my opponents respect. Though this may be a test, I rather get to know my opponents through a handshake." replied Caro, his voice soft yet deep.

"I see..." Susan said, studying us both.

Ending our handshake we both backed up several feet away from each other. Susan watched and got ready to begin the match. "The next round shall...Begin!"

At that instant we both took off with fast speed. I hadn't expected him to move so quickly, the timing of his movement excellent. As we both neared each other I could see him throwing the first hit and using it as a advantage. I turned to the side in time, feeling the wave of his fast punch. I clutched my fist and sent one of my own to land a full hit but was surprised he blocked the hit, raising his arm and knocking mine away from his causing it to upwards in the air.

Using this to his advantage he swung his right fist straight into the right side of my body, the force of it so strong it sent waves of pain throughout my body. Ignoring the pain I sent another punch from my left arm, however missing due to Caro sliding to the side and punching hard against my extending forearm, hitting a vein with the tips of his knuckles. Pain struck my arm as if it had been hit by a hammer.

My eyes flinched for a mere second from the pain. He struck my vein with no effort whatsoever. The pain left my arm dead for a few seconds causing me to step back to create distance between us. Caro on the other hand acted fast, moving forward that instant and jabbing me hard on the vein with his knuckles once again. Then jabbing me several times on the side and on my temple. I held my arms up to try and see if that'd block the punches, however made it easy for my opponent, grabbing my arms and pulling them violently towards him, slamming his fists downwards on my veins then continued with a barrage of punches on not only my veins but other vital points in my body.

"What is he doing to Rayson?" Ally asked fast. She watched the way he fought seeing that he was only going for certain parts of the body.

Keren just closed her eyes that studied the ground. She was quiet for several seconds. "Caro's fighting style comes from his family's history like I mentioned before. Arias, their family name, are excellent fighters due to their knowledge of the human body. They strike vital points on the body to weaken their opponents then strike back hard with damaging force. I'm actually surprised your friend is still standing, they usually pass out or give up when being struck that many times." Finally saying before looking up the battle.

Her breathing soon started to slow down with hearing the information she was told. She knew that Caro would be challenging but she hadn't expected him to strike at vital points at the body.

Raising my arms in front of me I tried to block several punches but didn't go to well. My arms felt like dead weight and I could feel myself go light headed from being struck several times in the temple. Seeing an opportunity Caro swung violently at my body, hitting not only my face now but randomly. He made sure his fists made contact with me and he was succeeding. Finally slamming hard against my face he knocked me against the floor, my vision going blurry.

"Fu-" I couldn't finish the word. The moment I landed on the ground my body felt dead. Trying to move my limbs felt useless, even trying felt useless. A slight trickle was running down my head. Blood. I wasn't surprised blood was running down my face. I slowly turned my head to look at Caro, who stared down at me.

"Hmm..." Was all he said before turning around and walking away.

He knew I was useless the way I was. Susan and Lawrence stared down at me, getting ready to call off the round and move on. I couldn't believe I was just gonna end it this way. Training had just begun and already I was laying down on the ground before my opponent. I turned my head to look at Ally, she gave me a look of sadness but also with encouragement. I couldn't give up, not now.

Before Susan called it off, I slowly moved my arms, pushing themselves against the ground to get up. Caro turned his head after hearing people say "He's getting up!". He raised his right eyebrow, his amber eyes burning against my body.

"You can't fight in your condition...I did more than enough damage on your body."

"Who says...I still can't fight." I slowly replied back, finally back on my feet.

Susan studied me carefully. She was quite surprised I had even got up. I could slowly feel my body come back, the pain and numbness easing away.

"If you really want me to knock you out for being arrogant and stupid then I will." Saying in a sharp tone. At that second Caro took off again, not even giving me time to do anything. Already clutching his fist he slammed it hard against my face once again, knocking me several inches away.

Catching my balance in time I grabbed his arm and pushed him towards me. Using my free hand I slammed it across his face, finally considering it as a full hit. Recovering quickly from that hit he tackled me against the floor with all of his strength, my head hitting the ground hard. Clutching his hands into fists he violently started to hit my face randomly, hoping he could knock me unconscious.

Grabbing his arms I managed to kick him off and roll on my side. My face felt swollen and it hurt. I could feel more blood gush out and spread on my face.

Keren sat wide eyed at the scene. She expected I would have already been out, and the next round would have started.

"Come on Rayson!" Ally yelled.

Syrus and Elaine came back from the medic room, seeing two violent people clash against each other.

"Holy shit is that Rayson?" Asked Syrus in a concern tone.

"He doesn't look to good..." Elaine saying second.

Caro glared at me, his eyes looking more furious than ever. Charging once more he raised his fist in the air, this time being the arrogant one. Charging at him I slightly slid to the side, hitting him on the collarbone then quickly on the face. Seeing him raise both hands I did the same, then bringing them back down roughly, taking his with mine. Finally clutching my right hand into a fist I jabbed it against his face, hitting his temple and knocking him to the ground.

Hitting the ground he laid there unconscious. Everybody was silent for a moment, wondering how things turned around. Ally on the other hand, shot up from her seat like a animal and cheered. Elaine and Syrus did the same, clapping. Soon several other people started to clap as well, leaving Keren and a couple of others with their mouth hanging.

"He won...against an Arias..."

"This is the first time Caro lost!"

"Everybody settle down! Can I get these two to the medic room?" Yelled Susan.

My body was screaming. Pain was written all over it, blood splattered all over the ground, even on both Caro's clothes and mine. Feeling someone hug me from behind I groaned from the pain.

"You did great!" Cheered Ally.

"And if you hug me any tighter I think the rest of me is gonna fall apart..."

Letting go we both smiled at each other, slowly making my way to the medic room. Caro was carried by two men, off to go get treated along with me.

Later that day I rested on my bed. They treated my wounds and gave me some pain killers. I hadn't realized how tired I was after the fight. It felt good to have taken a nice shower and laying in bed. I finally gained some respect from Susan and Lawrence, just by a little, but it was better than nothing. The next test was gonna be the day after tomorrow after everybody had rested. Closing my eyes I slowly tried to drift off to sleep, only to hear screaming in the hall.

Opening my eyes immediately I quickly got out of bed, immediately grabbing my shoes and running out the room in just shorts and a tank-top. Not even bothering to put them on I ran in the direction of the scream, along with several others who ran out from their rooms. Upon reaching the destination stood a girl crying against the wall, looking to the other side of the wall that put fear in all of us.

Anna, the girl at the ceremony stood pinned against the walls, large silver stakes pinned deep in her flesh and against the wall. Blood trickled down from her body, and behind her body stood a giant black cross. Someone had painted it before killing Anna, and somehow it seemed like a coincidence. Everybody turned to look at me, staring at the tattoo I had gotten of a black cross.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think by far my longest chapter. I actually had a little fun writing this one, though I did a lot of thinking and researching sorta. This is also by far my longest chapter. Hope you guys like it.