Everybody's Got a Someone

One xx

There weren't many things that Hadley asked for. She was a simple girl, with simple taste and she normally didn't ask her parents for much, she always worked for it, making sure that she always was able to provide for herself. Her grades were average, along with the friends that she had, and the life that she lived. At home she lived in an average house, with an average family and average belongings - she never strayed too far from the word average.

It didn't bother her much, she never had more than what was considered average, so she didn't really know what it was like to have more than what she had. The girl was never too shy to show what she had, and she didn't feel bad when the other kids would get a new phone or a new pair of shoes every year while she was stuck with the same pair she'd had for two years now.

The most expensive gift her parents ever bought her was her laptop. She hadn't asked for it, she was quite content with driving to the library when she needed to type something up and pay the ten cents to print it out. It was a quite environment where she could concentrate and not be bothered by her brother and sister. Though when her parents gave her the gift she cherished it, using it as much as possible and never failing to thank her parents.

It wasn't that her family was poor, it was that her parents had always put money away to save for their children and to use in situations that would call for it. Each child had a college fund, though that slowly dwindled down to nothing as her parents needed to fix the house, fix the cars and move. When her brother started playing football her parents spent extra money on him, making sure to get him the right pads, and cleats. Her younger sister started dance when she was six, and extra money was spent on her to send her to competitions and get her classes. When all Hadley ever asked for was to be brought to the park or the library to do homework or play, she never asked for money to go out, and when she did, she made sure to do chores around the house to make up for it.

All in all, Hadley Summers was an average girl that kept her morals close to her. She worked for what she had and when she needed something she'd make sure to save up before buying it. The girl wasn't quiet by any means, but she tended to turn that way because she had little and most kids wanted more. Hadley didn't mind though, she was used to it, she never expected people to want to be her, or want to be her friend. She just accepted it.

***


Hadley sighed as she sat in the airport her carryon bag sitting at her feet, her iPhone in hand; thumb swiping at many fruits as she could as she waited for her flight to be called. She stretched her feet out, rolling her ankles before crossing her legs again, kicking her bag in the process. The airport was cold, colder than she remembered it to be the last time she was in one only a few years ago on a school trip. As the words "Game Over" flashed across the screen of her phone, she tapped the home button, shoving the phone in the pocket of her skinny jeans.

If you'd asked her a month ago if she'd be heading on a plane to England she'd have laughed and walked away to continue on with whatever it was she was doing before. When she'd applied to beauty school she didn't expect to be accepted, though when she was she packed her bags and headed up to New York City to get settled.

Being accepted to beauty school meant she could finally get started on the rest of her life. Ever since she was little she always wants to work with celebrities and work on hair, anything to maybe get ahead in life, though she’d never admit it. She always made it seem to her parents that she was fine with the life she had. The brunette girl was beyond excited when she found out she’d finally be able to get started; however, she also knew that she’d probably end up working at a regular hair salon.

That’s why this job offer came as such a surprise to her. When she started school she told her advisor exactly what she wanted to do, that she wanted to work with celebrities – which was a few months prior to this moment. She never expected her advisor to call her into her office for a meeting telling her that a worldwide pop band wanted her as their hair and makeup stylist.

One Direction.

That was the band that wanted her. Their normal hair stylist needed to be out on leave for who knows what reason and they were looking for a temporary replacement. Temporary or not her advisor brought it up to her, and agreed instantly. Hadley knew that she couldn’t go on with her normal average life forever; she needed to break out and do something crazy.

This was it.

The sound of her flight being called brought her from her daze. Gathering her bag she slung it over her shoulder, and took her ticket from under her thigh, adjusting the mint green jumper she had on before walking into line. She got onto the plane with relative ease, seating herself next to a quiet older couple, taking the window seat. Even though the flight was about eight hours, she knew she’d be glued to her seat the entire time.

***


The flight wasn’t as bad as the girl expected, though as soon as she stepped into Heathrow she was hit with the change like a ton of bricks. The airport was a lot busier than she expected it to be, the people were a lot different than she expected it to be.

Fixing the strap on her shoulder, she made her way through the mass of people, to get over to baggage claim to get her suitcases. It wasn’t hard to find hers; it was the only non-average thing about her – her zebra print luggage came around the belt first. The girls’ tiny hands pulled the suit cases off the belt, pulling up the handle and setting off to find the person that was waiting to take her to her hotel.

The sign that read ‘Summers’ was easy to find, it was written in big messy red letters and was held by a tall man, muscular man. He smiled politely at her before reaching for one of her suitcases, which she let him take with a smile.

“So you much be, Hadley.” The man smiled. Despite his stature, he had a kind voice and a gentle smile. He led her out of the airport with ease, people avoiding him as they made their way to the car.

“Yep, that’s me.” Hadley responded, her tiny legs trying to keep up with the man in front of her. Before she knew it they were in front of a black range rover, much like the ones she’d see on E! News with celebrities escaped the paparazzi. It was much larger than her small little Toyota.

The man loaded her suitcases into the back of the car, before opening the door for her, the same gentle smile on his face. She slide herself into the back seat, pulling the seatbelt over her body and watched as the man shut the door and made his way into the passenger seat.

“Well, since you’re going to be seeing a lot of me over your time with us I should introduce myself to you. “ He smiled, turning around in his seat. “I’m Paul, Paul Higgins, One Directions body guard. If you need anything don’t hesitate to ask. Just be prepared to be bombarded.” Paul laughed as he turned around in his seat.

Hadley turned her head to the window, a soft sigh falling from her lips. She had no idea what it’d be like taking on this job. She wasn’t sure if it was going to be easy, or hard, all she could do was hope that she wouldn’t mess anything up. This was her chance to make something of her average life, it was her change to branch out and change the person she had been for the last eighteen years of her life. She just hoped she could keep up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, first story in a long time.
I'm sorry if i'm a bit rusty, it might take me a little while before I get in the swing of things again. Comment and let me know what you think~