Common Girl

Dance like Nobody's Watching

Ella quickly got up from her place situated on Ronnie's chest and slowly, almost in the sense she was scared, walked to open her apartment door. Just a crack at first and then recognizing the person on the other side as her elderly land lady wanting her month’s rent. She allowed the door to open and the lady stepped inside. Ronnie didn't move from lying on his couch until he heard the lady ask if he was Ella's boyfriend and just because he shot up and answered for Ella.

"Yes, I'm her boyfriend" He then made his way to her side and slung his arm around Ella for good measure as Ella handed the lady a white envelop of cash and smiled.

"Well you take care of her now, she looks like an awful handful" The old lady replied with a slight laugh that turned into a cough and securely tucking the money into her coat pocket. The elderly lady’s eyes wondered to Ella's tight fitting denim mini skirt with black paint splatters and silver chains complete with ripped fishnet tights.

"Oh yes, is she ever" Ronnie said with a smiled and tightened arm around the thoroughly confused Ella. "Well you have a good day now Miss" Wanting to be polite because he knew just how much that lady hated Ella and wanted her out of the apartment.

The lady turned to leave mumbling something about keeping the noise down even though they had been talking in whispers for the last two hours or so, that made Ella very mad but she said nothing and shut the thin wooden door to give Ronnie a glare mixed with anger and confusion. He burst into a fit of giggles wrapping his arms around Ella for support as he laughed. Ella stood motionless awaiting an explanation.

“Hear that Ell? You look hard to handle!” Ronnie then started laughing more.
“Yes, Ronnie we have accomplished I’m not the most respectable of women... Now why the fuck would you say that?” She demanded in a way that you have to tell her but you know she’s not really that mad.

She stood with her hand on her hip and a glare in her eye, mainly because she was just called ‘hard to handle’ but it was a reasonable statement, her skirt covered her just fine but was very tight and rebellious, her black corset like top clung to her curves in all the right ways making her body look better then a stripper’s and the high heal black boots put a prostitute to shame.

“Oh god, that was funny...” Ronnie sighed happily wiping the tears of laughter from his eyes “Hard to handle...” He casually took in her appearance “Yeah, you look like it” He smirked and let his eyes wonder her body.

“Oh would you stop staring!” She exclaimed playfully lightly hitting his shoulder.

“Well I mean I could stop... but I am your ‘boyfriend’ so...” He teased with a sly smile.

“Boyfriend with a ...” She thought for a second “9 year age difference?” She raised an eyebrow at Ronnie who took a second to think about before his face changed to disapproval. “That’s what I thought.” She smiled “And Yes thank you very much I am very hard to handle” She walked into the kitchen with a sway in her hips that memorized Ronnie to the point he just watched her before he realized what he was doing and snapped himself out of it. She’s not my girlfriend, god she’s not even 18 yet... why can’t I take my eyes off her. He thought to himself as he violently shook his head brushing it off as lack of sex from Audrey.

“So what time will the rest of the guys be here?” Ella asked from the kitchen. Ronnie looked up to see her digging in the fridge. “Ah ha!” She exclaimed pulling out a case of beer. Ronnie chuckled at her before answering her question, realizing they still had quite some time left.

Ronnie looked around her apartment taking in its every detail. In the far back corner was the kitchen area, with the closet beside it in a way it was unseen from where everything else was. In the other back corner were her easel and painting supplies. Ronnie was standing in the entry way still because he had been distracted previously, directly in front of him against the wall was her pull out couch that she never actually pulled out and on the wall across from the closet and kitchen was a small dresser with an iPod dock on it and the door into the bathroom. The floors were all cold cement and the only source for light that she would use was a lamp on the floor by the couch and the lighting inside the kitchen.

“Why do you keep in so dark in here? There is a light on the ceiling but you use a table lamp on the floor to light the whole apartment” Ronnie asked still looking around the apartment.

Ella motioned around herself in the kitchen “The kitchen has a light that I use” She said as if he was supposed to know that. “And that light is broken” She pointed to the ceiling.

“At least the kitchen lets off light” Ronnie said with a shrug and walked to join Ella. She handed him a beer from the case and then took one for herself as she jumped up onto the counter top swaying her feet and tapping her shoes against the cupboards underneath. It was quiet but the good kind of quiet not the awkward kind and they both enjoyed every second of it. That's what Ronnie loved about Ella, she didn't talk all the time. She talked, and when she did it was soothing but she never talked nonstop to the point you think your ears are bleeding.

“Are you a virgin?” He asked out of no where’s, head tilted to the side examining her.

Ella choked on her drink and started coughing but as soon as she could breathe she felt extremely awkward. “What?” She asked in case she heard wrong. He repeated the questions slower this time and she knew she heard clearly. “I... um... what- why would you ask that?”

Ronnie shrugged “I don’t know, you don’t look like it” He examined her more “but then again you haven’t been in a relationship so...”

“Ronnie”

“Yes?”

“Stay out of my sex life”
*
Ronnie, Derek, Ryan, Ron and Jacky had themselves situated all around Ella’s apartment on the couch and floor drinking and laughing. Ella was sitting on the floor with Ronnie behind her, his legs and arms wrapped loosely around her body. She leaned back against him and tilted her head to see his upside down face. She giggled at how strange he looked from that angle and whispered “H-hey Ronnie” Dragging out his name.

“Yeah?”

“Missed you” She whispered even softer.

He kissing her forehead and whispering “Missed you too”

The stared at each other for a while, Ronnie seemed to get lost in the icy blue of her eyes and forget where they were, Ella seemed memorized by the swirly darkness of his and forget about the pain in her neck until there intense staring was cut off by Jacky.

“So Ronnie... how’s Audrey?”

“Who”? Jacky gave him a look “Oh yea she’s good went home this morning remember?” Ronnie said briefly and turned to put his head in the crook of Ella’s neck.

“Haven’t you talked to her since?” Ryan asked.

“Uh, no I’ve been here...” Ronnie now had his chin on her shoulder making eye contact with Jacky silently telling him that he is a dead man for bringing this up. Jacky had a suspicious grin on his face that said he was up to nothing good. Ella ignored Jacky’s smile and turned her attention to Ronnie asking if him and Audrey are fighting or something.

“No, Audrey and I are fine, we just spent a whole tour together so it’s good to get away”

“Understood” Ella smiled “I think I’d kill someone if I was trapped inside a tour bus with them that long”

“It’s tempting” Ron said with the smile of a killer.

And with that, as if Ella sensed Ronnie didn’t want to talk of Audrey they were on the subject of touring. They must have sat and talked about everything for a good four hours. Throughout the night Ella was basically passed around like a rag doll and sat with everyone at least once. Not that she minded, she liked getting affection from the band because they were her only real friends and everyone cuddles with their friend’s, right?

“Well we should get going before you go get us all drunk” Ron said at about midnight, they all agreed and started the process of getting up. Ron didn’t drink so even if they were only slightly buzzed they were safe. They were slipping on their jackets when Ryan noticed Ronnie was still sitting on the couch.

“Ronnie? You coming man?” He asked.

“Nah I’ll drive home later” Ronnie replied pulling Ella into his lap.

“You shouldn’t drive dude”

“He can stay here tonight then” Ella suggested.

“Perfect! Bye guys!” Ronnie said exited.

“No fair they get to have a sleepover... I never got to have girl’s sleepover when I was her age...” Ryan grumbled as the group left. Ella rolled her eyes and chuckled at his immaturity.

Music was still playing in the background as they sat on the couch when Papa Roach Tightrope started playing Ronnie pulled Ella up and turn the volume up higher. She smiled knowing where he was going with this.

He lightly took her arms and placed them around his neck and trailed his hands down her body to her hips, he guided her tiny body to the music at a slow pace. Her hips moving in a perfect cue in the most memorizing form, their body’s almost pressed together.

We are the future,
The 21st century,
dyslexic, glue-sniffing, cyber sluts
With homicidal minds and handguns
We are insane, nothing will change
We are insane, nothing will change...


They kept eye contact as the swayed to the music, as the sound picked up faster the stepped around the room a few paces then going back to innocent grinding. The dull lighting from only the small table lamp on the floor gave of shadows that danced over their faces and body's.

I speak of madness, my heart and soul
I cry for people who aint got control,
Let’s take our sanity, let’s take compassion
And be responsible, for every action
Hell no, no how, no way no way no way, no how, no way, no how.


Ronnie took over control and moved Ella’s body up against his spinning her and twisting her through that part, at some point lifting her in the air a bit. Everything moved in slow motion and Ella’s heart fluttered inside her chest. When the next chorus started Ella took control, moving her hands on top of Ronnie’s and guiding her own hips more as if she had experience, she purposely moved herself from up against him for the sake of sexual contact but she found Ronnie moved up against her again.

She buried her face in his neck to hide the blush creeping up her face and her heart raced faster she thought maybe he would hear it. Ronnie’s hands moved to lock behind her back as they swayed some more, the world seemed to move in slow motion as the memorizing melody was the only sound in the room, the perfect way their body’s moved together as if they were made to do this a thousand times.

The song ended but they stayed attached to each other like maybe if they let go, they may never be able to hold each other again. It was a feeling that made you think you were high on drugs but you weren’t, a feeling that made the room spin and your heart beat fast, a feeling that made everything feel surreal in the most beautiful sense.

They both felt something inside that put drugs and alcohol to shame the way it made their heads spin around this strange concept.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tightrope- Papa roach

And of course enjoy the chapter :3