Common Girl

Hello, Brother

The loud ringing of Ronnie's phone scared them both making Ella burst into a fit of giggles and Ronnie to chuckle softly at her as he reached over to answer his annoying cell phone.

With out checking caller ID he answered with a very annoyed "Hello?"

"Wow... Sorry man, didn't mean to interrupt anything" Max's voice came from the other line.

"Oh hey Max, no don't worry about it" He couldn't help but smile hearing Max's slightly rough and always recognizable voice once again.

Ella cheered happily screaming "Hi Max!" in hopes he could here her. Ronnie chuckled passing on the message to Max who replied with a laugh.

"I was wondering if you two would like to hang out, you know... Like old friends" He suggested nervously. "But I mean.... I understand if like... You're still mad or just don't-"

"When?" Ronnie asked eagerly.

"Now? Tomorrow? Next week? Doesn't matter to me any" You could hear the smile in Max's words and Ella awed at the grin that broke out over Ronnie's face.

"How 'bout 30 minutes?" Ella screamed into the phone because Ronnie wasn't doing much sitting there smiling like an idiot.

"Sounds good to me, Do you guys want to come over here? I can text you my address"

"Alright, see you latter, man"

"Bye... Ronnie"

After their short good bye Ella was over joyed the boys were getting along, she dug through Ronnie's closet to find what he was wearing. She through at him his black 'Jack Daniels' shirt hitting him in the face without even looking, then a pair of black leather pants and a clean pair of boxers and socks and then just missing his face with worn out converse.

"Alright! Watch it" He laughed collecting everything she through at him.

"Right sorry, and this" She gently passed him his jacket. "Now go change!" She ordered.

"What are you wearing?" He asked as he began changing. Ella got the message to turn around.

"Was I supposed to come too?" She asked with her back turned.

"Of course, he said both of us" Ronnie smiled even though she couldn't see him. He hopped around getting on his pants telling her she could turn around.

Her eyes slowly and hesitantly scanned his tattoo torso until she noticed he was waiting for her to answer. "Uh... I- um... Right, well I don't want to ruin you're guy's moment" She stuttered out. Her eyes dropping to the floor, mentally cursing at herself.

"No! You have to come, it will get awkward without you" He grinned.

That was true, Ella was never one for awkward situations and would never let tension grow if she could help it. "Fine, fine..." She huffed and turned back to Ronnie's closet to find something of his to wear.

He didn't bother stopping her, she pulled out his Misfits shirt and a bandanna. Quickly pulling her shirt off and replacing it with his before he even noticed. She tied an elastic from her wrist around the back of the over-sized shirt and took another elastic pulling her raven hair up in a messy pony tail with the bandanna around her head for good measure. She touched up her eye liner and fixed her fringe so it covered one eye and threw the eye liner to Ronnie who quickly lined his chocolaty eyes with the charcoal black pencil.

"Lookin' good, Radke" Ella winked.

"You too.... Ella" Ronnie offered. "You're last name just.... I hate it, lets change it!" He suggested.

Ella laughed "I think you have to get married to change you're last name" She reasoned slipping on her black boots with chains and taking one last look in the mirror. She hated her looks.

"Get married to someone with a cool last name then" He said, less then asked.

Ella snickered but didn't say anything. 'You have a cool last name. She thought to herself. "Ready to go?" She asked with a hopeful look in her eyes.

He nodded and checked his phone for the address of Max Green, recognizing it well enough to get there without the help of Google maps he slipped his phone back into his pocket and fallowed Ella out of the room.

On the way down the hall Ella knocked on the closest door, sticking her head in Derek's room "Hey, me and Ronnie are leaving, if you need us call" He nodded and gave a small smile to the young girl.

Ella and Ronnie made their way into his car, blasting whatever was on the radio at the time and singing along loudly to every song they knew. They pulled up to a fancy apartment complex and awkwardly sitting in the car.

"Should we... Call him? Or just walk in there...." Ella asked pointing to the glass doors that had stationed an elderly man who opened and closed the door for everyone.

"I think... We should call first" Ronnie said scratching the back of his neck.

Ella agreed and Ronnie pulled out his phone quickly dialing Max's number telling him they were sitting in there car, and to come down because it would seem strange to walk into such a high class place without a clue where you're going. Just moments latter Max appeared outside Ronnie's car window scaring them both, unintentionally for the second time in an hour.

"Hey guys" He greeted.

"Hey Bro" Ronnie replied.

Ella was staring off to the side at a person across the street, a boy that looked just a few years older then she was, with dark brown hair. She could swear he was looking at her too, making eye contact from a distance. She knew this face, but not a name. She barely noticed Ronnie waving his hand in front of her face.

"Oh, hey Max" She said not taking her eyes off the bot across the street. "I'll be right back" She mumbled walking away, she kept her eyes glued to the boy, crossing the street, he had yet to move.

When she was closer she could make out his features more clearly. He had shaggy dark brown hair that fell loosely around his icy blue eyes that matched her own, he had pale skin and a slim figure exactly as she did and a small scar under his right eye, only noticeable if you were looking for it. Yes, she knew him, all too well. Seven years, but she would always remember that scar.

She stopped only feet away from him. "Jacob" She all but spat like a bad taste.

"Hello, sister"

She gritted her teeth but before she spoke Ronnie was standing beside her glancing between them, obviously noticing the family resemblance.

"Who are you?" Her brother asked angrily.

"Who are you?" Ronnie countered.

"Why, her loving brother of course" Jacob grinned.

He felt a sting of pain on his face from Ella's open palm. "Some brother you are" She spat.

"Easy now, Isabella" He taunted this time she punched him, Ronnie wouldn't stop her. She had right to do this.

He held the corner of his mouth where blood seeped into his mouth. "You have some nerve, Jacob"

"As do you" He said simply.

"Seven years, and you still have no remorse do you?" She asked, shaking with anger and fear of what he would say.

"Do you?" He asked.

"Not in the slightest" She spat and turned on her heal, muttering incoherent things under her breathe. "Oh, and nice scar!" She called over her shoulder, she knew she hit a nerve when he said nothing. Ronnie walked a few paces behind her as they crossed the road back to the confused Max.

"Who was that?" He asked obviously seeing her hit him twice, it seemed like Max was always around when she was hitting people from her past.

"That was my brother, who abandoned me as well as the rest of my family when I was 10" She sighed "Seven years latter, damn I can hold a grudge" She laughed.

Ronnie slipped his arm around her waist and she leaned into his touch, Max stood for a moment processing what just happened. Honestly Ella herself wasn't quite sure what just happened. She thought seeing her brother again would go a lot better, maybe a few apologies from his end, but no... His face taunted her and the only thing she liked was that scar, the scar she gave him.

"Are you always this violent or is it just 'cause I'm here?" He asked.

Ella laughed "Seems you are around when past enemy's are showing up"

Ronnie was shocked at how, normal she acted as they walked into Max's apartment complex and took the elevator up a few floors. It was like she didn't just see her brother who disappeared when she was 10, who was the main reason her family ever left her. She would probably break down latter, when she was alone and everyone was sleeping.

"So yeah, Uh... This is my lovely apartment" Max chuckled awkwardly as they walked inside.

"Stop the awkwardness, I shall not have it" Ella scolded.

The awkwardness seemed to fade, and the three talked together in Max's living room. It looked as thought he cleaned for them because Max was never known to be very organized.

The hours passed by, and Ronnie and Max noticed Ella hadn't spoke in a while, the looked to see the teen asleep against Ronnie's shoulder. Max 'Awed' and Ronnie chuckled lightly not to disturb her and kissed her head.

"So does she know?" Max asked meeting Ronnie's eyes.

"Know what?" Ronnie asked in confusion.

"That you're in love with her" Max stated like it was obvious.

"Why does everyone say that" He groaned.

"Dude, She is wearing you're clothes, you constantly are touching her, you look at her for large amounts of time without noticing, you let her move in with you, shall I go on?"

"It doesn't matter, she is only 17..."

"and you are only human, admit it Radke.... You love her" Max grinned.

"Shut up, Green" Ronnie laughed.

"You didn't deny it"

"No, I didn't"
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally after so long of not updating :3