Status: For Diana ♥

Fragile

I

Sweat poured into my eyes as I continued to run. Footsteps echoed behind me and my mind was racing.

I concealed myself behind a dumpster to catch my breath and rub at my stinging eyes. My lungs were screaming in protest and my legs were weak. I looked around me; there was nowhere to run. The streets were deserted and they seemed to stretch on forever. A streetlight was flickering menacingly as the footsteps grew louder.

I had to keep running. My breath hitched in my throat when I heard the footsteps come to a halt.

“Come out, come out! I just want to talk to you. It would be a shame to have to catch you and ruin your pretty face,” the voice called. The voice was deep and raspy.

My breathing came in gasps as I debated fight or flight. My heart was beating out of my chest and I was certain he could hear me. There was no way I was going to outrun him; I decided fight.

I took a deep breath and stepped out from behind the dumpster.

“Good choice,” he said before I ran at him and my fist connected with his jaw. I heard a crack and a searing pain shot through my wrist.

A scream escaped my lips as I cradled my hand into my chest. I turned to run, but he grabbed onto my arm and pulled me back.

“I got you now.” He put his hand over my mouth and my eyes grew wide as he pushed me against the wall of the brick building and pinned my arms against it. I couldn’t move and my voice wouldn’t work. The pain in my wrist was blinding as he pressed into it. I tried to keep my screams in, but whimpered instead. I was too weak, too weak to get away from this man.

I stared at him and memorized his face. His green eyes pierced into my blue orbs. They held manic thoughts and showed his unstable state of mind. He was admittedly handsome except for the scar that marred his face. His hair was short and black and his face was covered in short stubble. He was wearing a brown leather jacket to shield his body from the chill of the autumn night.

“This will be over soon. Don’t struggle, love. If you do, well, I think you know what will happen.” He smirked maliciously as he moved one hand and caressed my face as if trying to be gentle. I flinched at his touch.

I had no idea what he would do if I didn’t comply. Why? Why me? How could he be gentle when committing such a deed? I was his prey, frozen and defenseless.

I couldn’t think as his hands roamed my body, caressing every inch of it before pausing to strip me of my clothes. He began to unbuckle his belt and the full force of what he was doing hit me like a ton of bricks.

The light from the streetlight flickered off, leaving us in total darkness. I was praying for him to get it over with when a loud bang echoed around us and I felt the man’s body slump against mine.

Another pair of footsteps sounded from the shadows and I began to panic. He was coming for me; he was going to finish off what that animal started.
The large weight of the man was taken off of me and I braced myself. I kicked wildly and collided with something.

“Owww! That really hurt, you know! Is that any way to treat the guy who just saved your life! Great, now my face is going to bruise. If I knew you kicked like that I would have let you handle this git.” He gestured toward the man on the ground and rubbed at his cheek.

Good, I thought, he wasn’t going to hurt me.

I wrapped my arms around my naked body, trying to hide from the world and its cruelness. Though, it couldn’t be that cruel if they sent me a savior. I slumped against the wall and shut my eyes, relief washing over me.

Tears silently rolled down my cheeks.

“Whoa there. Don’t worry, he’s not going to hurt you anymore.” He walked toward me slowly as if I were a fragile glass that belonged to the Queen.

He looked me over and knelt down beside me. I felt myself being covered by something; it was his jacket.

“Are you okay?” His voice was soft and it seemed to comfort me.

I hesitated, my eyes still closed. “Y-yeah. Well, I think my wrist is broken, but that’s about it.”

I opened my eyes and stared into his blue ones. They were beautiful and brimmed with concern for me.

He whispered, “You know what I mean, love.” He looked down.

I didn’t want to answer. I looked away and felt the heat rise to my face. I was in front of another stranger. Strangely enough, I trusted the soft blue eyes and the sweet voice that rang through my ears in a beautiful melody. However, I was embarrassed at the situation I was in and how stupid I was to be alone at night. I did this to myself. I probably deserved it.

“I…I…I don’t know.” I looked into the distance not wanting to look at my savior. My stomach churned as the scene replayed in my mind.

A few moments of silence passed and I felt myself being lifted by a pair of strong arms. He was strong, but gentle. I flinched at first, but I relaxed.

I shut my eyes for a moment and buried my face into his chest.

“What’s your name?”

I opened my eyes and stared into his crystal blue orbs.

“D-Diana.” I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks again. Everything was so overwhelming. My mind couldn’t take it. It refused to process anything.

He looked at me and replied softly, “Well, Princess Di, let’s get you someplace warm and safe, yeah? I’m Louis, by the way.”

I nodded into his chest as he pulled me closer, carrying me away from that place. My mind slowly shut down and drifted into a sea of blackness, the tears stopping and leaving streaks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, everyone! :P This is my first fan-fiction that I am writing by myself. I was inspired to write it and I hope you all enjoy it! It's something different from what I usually write, so it's a bit harder for me. Comments are always welcome, so tell me what you think! Thanks for reading! :P I'll try and update as much as I can, but school makes everything all wonky. Therfore, I might be busy during the week. So, I will try to update at least once a week!

Oh, and I would like to dedicate this chapter to my friends!

Micah: She read and encouraged me to write this story. She also made this beautiful layout and I absolutely love her for it!!!!!!!! She is a brilliant writer as well!!!!! Go read everything she writes! I love Chromatically Challenged and Newspaper Girl, and just everything she writes really......I'd be here forever. Trust me, it's worth your time. She is lovely and has an adorable kitty! :P

Renee: She read it and encouraged me as well. She is such a sweetheart and an absolutely wonderful friend! :P

Kate: She encourages everything I write and she is just beautiful and wonderful and I can't even sometimes. She is an amazing friend and I'm glad I got to know here. Also, she is a superb writer! Check out her stories! Taking Chances and Something Like Fate are brilliant! :P

Last, but not least, Diana: She was with me when I started this story and when I wanted to tear it out of notebook and throw it out. She told me to continue it. She is such a beautiful friend and she's an amazing writer. She's writing this Zouis story called Brick Walls and it is perfection! Check it out! :P She is an amazing person and this story is dedicated to her! :P

This is a long author's note and I'm sorry!!!!!!!!!!! I'm done now, though! :P haha! Well, goodnight everybody! Hope you all enjoy it! :P