Hungry Hearts

Cheaters

Matt's point of view


"Matt, where are you going?" Val, my girlfriend, asked standing in front of me with a pissed off look. I was sick and tired of her yelling at me for no reason. It seemed like everything I did annoyed the fuck out of her and I didn't know why.

I sighed and moved so I was closer to the door.

"I'm going over to Brian's. I'll be back later," Lie. I wasn't going over to Brian's. I was going to Johnny's Bar. If I was going to deal with her shit, I needed to at least have a few beers in me first.

I had just got home today from a long tour, and all I wanted to do was spend some time with my girlfriend who I haven't seen in a month. She wouldn't even let me touch her, which I found fucking odd. Usually she made it known that she wanted me, but she wouldn't even let me kiss her.

I grabbed my jacket and keys and left before she could say another word.

The ride to Johnny's Bar took me fifteen minutes. I turned the engine off and got out. I noticed there weren't that many cars in the parking lot. I did notice a familiar truck that belonged to Brian.

I walked in Johnny's Bar and was met with loud, heavy metal music. I scanned the room for Brian and spotted him at the bar. He looked pissed off, too. I walked up next to him and the bartender greeted me then asked what I wanted. I told him a beer and sat down next to Brian who had his head in his hands.

"Everything okay, man?" I asked, taking off my jacket. The bartender returned a minute later with my beer. I thanked him and watched as he handed Brian another drink. He looked over at me and shook his head.

"No. Michelle keeps fucking yelling at me for no fucking reason. I'm tired of her shit. She keeps accusing me of cheating when we were on tour," I rolled my eyes. Michelle was Val's twin sister. Michelle didn't like me, and I didn't like her. One: I didn't like the way she treated Brian. She had cheated on Brian not once, but three times. And two: She also accuses me of cheating on her sister, when in fact, I've never cheated in my life.

I knew Val cheated on me before because I had caught her in our own bed once. I had a feeling she was still cheating on me because of today; how she wouldn't let me touch her.

"Yeah, you're not the only one," I looked over at Brian who had his head back in his hands.

"Val's accusing you too, huh?" I nodded and took another drink of my beer.

The rest of the night went by rather quick. We talked about our relationships and then talked about how we couldn't wait to start a new record. We already written some stuff, but we needed to go in the studio. I told them we deserved a bit of a break and that we should wait a while before started recording anything. Brian agreed because he wasn't sure he could concentrate on the new record because of Michelle. I agreed with him. There was no way I would be able to write with Val around.

The California air hit me like a ton of bricks once I exited Johnny's bar. I waved at Brian before we went our separate ways. I gripped my jacket closer and walked faster to my car. I fucking hate the cold. I always get sick.

I only had three beers and I knew it wasn't enough but I didn't want to drive when I was tipsy. I wasn't the best driver when I had a lot of alcohol in my system.

I put in Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power and began singing the words to Mouth For War. I was in no hurry to go home to a bitching Val.

I slowly turned on our street. I pulled in the drive way a few minutes later. And yes, I drove that slow. I was hoping she would have left and gone to her parents, but no. I couldn't get that fucking lucky. I sighed and pulled out a cigarette. I normally don't smoke, but I did when I was stressed and I was most certainly fucking stressed. I lit it up and brought it to my lips. I inhaled and exhaled.

I didn't even hear the door open, but my face turned into a frown when I heard Val's annoying voice.

"Matt, what the fuck?" I rolled my eyes and said,

"Val, go back inside. I don't want to fucking hear it,"

"What ever," she said and slammed the door. I was now alone again.

I finished my cigarette in record time. I started to get up but stopped when I saw some thing in the sky. I looked up and saw a shooting star. I don't know why, but I made a wish. I wasn't sure if it would work, but I made a wish anyways.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't know what else to name this chapter :/ so yeah. And I'm not getting hardly any feed back, so I don't know if I'm keeping this story or not. Sad thing is, I am actually liking it. But I guess others aren't :(

I'm also doing some thing different with this story. I'm making sure you get to see plenty of Matt's point of view.