Ghost of You

You Helped Him

Mikey's POV

Gerard's been acting weird lately. Well, weirder! Usually he just wakes up in the morning and leaves, without telling us where. I followed him one day though, finding out he went to Franks grave every day... I didn't tell mom or dad. He would've told them already if he wanted them to know. So, anyways, as I was saying...
Gerard has been acting really weird lately. More than normal. Now he isn't moping around the house about Frank and crying in his room at night. Or sneaking out. Now hes all happy... he... smiled. I haven't seen that smile in... a really long time. It feels like Frank never left...

"Hey Mikes!" Alicia hugged me from behind and kissed my neck.
"Hi Alicia." I smiled.

"What are you doing?"
"Just thinking" I shrugged as I sat on the couch. Alicia did the same.

"About..."

"Gerard. Hes been acting kinda strange."

"Okay, how so?"
"He's all happy now... cheerful. Like nothing really happened... I mean, i love that my big bro is happy and all but... its just weird to see him smile again..." I looked at Alicia.

"Maybe you should go... talk to him?" She offered. Not such a bad idea actually.

"I guess I could." I replied and as if on cue Gerard skipped through the door, but not alone.. he had a girl with him. I glanced at Alicia.

"Hi Mikey, Alicia!" he beamed. "This is Leila." He gestured to the blonde girl next to him. She sorta reminded me of the girl version of Frank, except without all the tattoos.

"Hey." She waved shyly.

"Hi Leila." Alicia smiled sweetly up at them. "Hey, maybe to get to know each other better, we can go out for some coffee?" Leila looked over to Gerard then back at Alicia, and nodded.

"Sure." She shrugged and followed Alicia. Gerard sat next to me.

"So. Bro, whats up?" He looked at me.

"Oh nothing much. What about you, you've been happy lately."
"Yeah, I have. I guess I just realized it does me no good to live in the past like I did. Besides, I have you guys." He smiled and shoved me playfully.

"You got that right Gee!" I laughed and shoved him back. "So, wanna go with Alicia and Leila?"

"Dude. When have i ever passed up coffee."

"Touche..." I stood up at the same time as Gerard and raced him out the door.

"HEY NO FAIR!" He laughed as he yelled after me. Thats the Gerard I know...

Alicias POV

"So... Leila. What do you think of Gerard?" I asked walking beside her to Starbucks. Leila glanced over at me.

"Gerard? Hes really nice. I mean, when I first met him he was kinda edgy but he's gotten better." She smiled a bit.

"He's come a long way, I can tell you that. And, I wanna thank you."

"Thank me? For what?" she looked at me confused.
"You helped him. He used to be so depressed and never spoke to anybody. Now he seems like nothing happened!" I beamed at her. Leila glanced at the ground and muttered something to herself, looking back to me.

"Hey, Alicia, as much as I would LOVE to have coffee with you, I have to go. I forgot that I have to be back at the house for dinner in a few minutes." she babbled. "I'm really sorry, I wish I could-"
"Its fine Leila!" I laughed. "Go ahead, its no big deal. We can do this a different time maybe?"
"Yeah, sure. Okay, well, bye Alicia! Nice meeting you and Mikey! Oh! that reminds me. You two are possibly the cutest couple I've seen." She giggled and skipped away. I began to blush and smiled.

"Bye." I said, even though she was already out of sight. So oh-so smoothly I twirled around and tried to sit on a nearby bench, resulting in me landing on the ground. "ow..." I groaned standing up. May as well just go home. So, I headed back to Mikeys house, which meant I had to pass the cemetery where Frank is buried. As I passed it I stopped and stared at the gates. 'just go in... you haven't been here for a while its time you see Frank..' I told myself. So reluctantly I began walking slowly towards Franks grave, suddenly stopping at the willow tree. I was hearing someone talking... The voice sounded so familiar that I had to peer around the tree.

"you were right Frank... I helped him just like you wanted..." the girl said, pausing. "...yeah. I think hes moved on..." she nodded, as i she was talking to him. Then all of a sudden I recognized the girl.

"LEILA?!"