‹ Prequel: A Glitch in Time
Status: On Hiatus

This Means War

Chapter 3

Weeks have passed, and that dream kept coming back to me, I ignored it of all costs, I didn’t even tell George about it.

One night, I was out walking in the garden with my mother; we were both talking about what gender the baby would be.

“I’m really hoping it could be a girl,” my mother said smiling.

“Well, sorry to disappoint you mother, but I’m working on a boy, you never know, we might need a new captain for the guards,” I said, returning the smile.

We came to a stop at the rocking bench; I sat down after my mother took her seat. She stared at me as I stared down at my hands on my lap.

“Glitch…Glitch look at me,” my mother ordered, her voice soft but stern.

I looked up at her, and said, “Yes mother?”

“I can sense that you’re worried,” she responded, taking her hand in mine. “Well, don’t worry hun, you’ll get through this, I’ll be by your side when the time comes.”

She gave me a smile, and then kissed my forehead before getting up and walking back to the castle, probably to go check on George like she said earlier.

I heaved a sigh of relief, I thought she knew what I was really worried about, and that dream just won’t stop bothering me. I rocked a little bit, and looked up to see a shooting star blaze across the dark sky. Smiling a bit, I said, “Yea, everything will be alright, I won’t let some stupid dream keep me from going,” afterwards, I walked back to the castle feeling a whole lot better.

~~

George’s POV

It was late as usual, and I being King was busy signing answers to our counsel’s’ questions.

I didn’t get far from signing half my name until a hand clasped down on my shoulder. I looked up to see King Stephen giving me a hard stare.

“Your royal majesty, what brings you to my study?” I asked, as he sat down in front of me as I continued signing.

“I was wondering if I could have a word with you, Burro,” the King said, giving me a serious glance.

“Yea, what’s on your mind?” I asked, stopping my signing and stretching my fingers.

“It’s about my daughter, your wife,” he said, giving me eye contact.

I saw that this was serious, so I forgot about my assignments, and asked, “Yes, and what about her?”

“Have you seen…oh I don’t know…signs that she’s worrisome?” the King asked, stroking his long white beard.

I frowned in thought, and then said, “As a matter-of-fact, yes I have, I tried to ask her what was wrong, but she always denies.”

“Yes, that’s what I mean, I’m much too certain that she’s being troubled…” Stephen said, frowning in thought as well.

“Troubled by what?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I can sense that she’s being troubled in her sleep,” he replied, standing up for a stretch.

“Troubled in her sleep…how so your majesty?” I asked, glaring up at him.

“That…I don’t know, but I’ll figure it out…you just keep an eye on her, she might try something she’ll regret,” he warned, walking towards the door.

I nodded, and said, “Yes, I’ll try to keep track of her; she seemed to have been acting very strangely lately.”

Before he was about to go out, he turned on his heel and stared at me, and asked, “How strange?”

I turned to him, and said, “Like, as she roams the halls with me, she’s looking both ways, as if waiting for something to come out and attack us, I don’t know, I’ll have to talk to her tonight, she’s starting to scare me the way she’s acting.”

I then shook my head, and then got back to work, while the King nodded and left me to finish my work.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think is going to happen now?