‹ Prequel: A Glitch in Time
Status: On Hiatus

This Means War

Chapter 4

It was late, very late at night, and I being forced to have the same nightmare every night haunted me. I had to stay awake, that dream was getting irritating.

I sighed, and got out of bed; I needed some air, so I opened my window with my powers and stared out at the quiet town. I sighed as I felt the air whip my hair back softly, and gasped when a pair of arms wrapped around my frame.

“Surprised you?” said that handsome voice.

I leaned my head back on his shoulder, and said, “Yes, you did, I didn’t even hear you come in.”

“When usually you do, but maybe that’s because you keep your ears open,” he said as I faced him. “I can tell something’s on your mind, mind explaining what it is?”

I shook my head, and gave him a smile saying, “No, I’m fine, just can’t sleep.”

“Oh, is that all?” George asked, giving me a skeptical look.

I only shrugged, and didn’t see his face darken. “You’re not telling me the truth Glitch.” He grasped my chin and forced me to look him in the eyes, “Tell me the truth.”

I sighed, and untangled myself from him as I walked back to my bed and sat down. “There’s this dream that I’ve had a few weeks ago.”

“Oh?” he asked, sitting down next to me, “What was it about?”

“It was about me and our child, a dark voice was telling me that he’s going to try to steal our child, unless he has our city, he won’t leave us alone until he gets what he wants. That dream comes repeatedly, haunting me, like he wants me to just give up and let him have it, but I deny his request, it’s ridiculous!” I said, as I got up and walked back over to the window.

“What can I do? He told me he will try to conquer our city…” I said, looking off in the distance, “Unless we fight…”

“How can we fight? We don’t even know what species this person is,” said George, hugging me from behind and stroking my stomach gently.

“I do,” I said, my eyes focused on the sky full of stars, “He’s a species of Marsopians, he told me…I know he won’t give up.”

“Don’t worry, we’ll figure out a way,” George said, giving me a squeeze before turning me to him and kissing me softly.

“I sure hope so,” I said, grabbing his hand and leading him to the bed. “Guess we’d better get some sleep.”

George nodded, and pulled the covers over us both before saying, “I love you Glitch.”

“Love you too George,” I said, before snuggling up into his arms and dropping off to sleep.

~~

King Edgar’s POV

“Get up you lazy bird!” yelled Marie, smashing a pillow on my face.

I woke up, sitting up straight, and blasted the maid across the room, and said as she hit the wall, “Excuse me, but who’s the boss here?”

I got up out of bed, and walked over to the now shivering girl who looked up at me with fear in her eyes, “You are m-m-master.”

“M-m-m-master…” I said, mocking the shivering girl, “Is that the best you can do Marie? Wake me up that way again and I’ll slit your throat myself.”

She nodded nervously, and then scrambled to her feet before running out of my sight.

I sighed, and sat down on my bed while my powers made me clean and had me on new robes to wear around my castle.

“How long will it be until the Queen answers my request?” I asked myself, before one of the maids walked in with my breakfast on a tray.

She bowed, and said, “I brought your breakfast, Master.”

I took it out of her hands and it slipped purposely and the tray crashed to the floor, making a loud noise. The maid jumped back staring wide-eyed at the mess of food and broken glass.

I stared at it and then at the maid, and said, “Well, what are you looking at…clean this mess up!”

She gasped, and went to work; I didn’t even want breakfast this morning, not feeling at all too great.

I got up and went to my study, something had to be done. I needed her answer, or its conquering time!
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright ppl, I'm stuck, what should I say now??

Any ideas!!