‹ Prequel: A Glitch in Time
Status: On Hiatus

This Means War

Chapter 5

“Now, stay in the castle at all times,” George warned me, as he got up on his horse.

“But, how long do you think you’ll be?” I asked, looking up at him worry on my face.”

“Don’t worry about me, you just stay inside so you can be safe, we’ll see what’s going on outside the castle walls,” he responded, narrowing his eyes.

I took his hand and said softly, “Be careful.”

He only gave me that playful smirk, and said, “Aren’t I always?”

Then he kissed my hand quickly, before setting off with a few guards at his side. I sighed, and walked back into the castle where I would be safe.

~~

“You’re thinking too hard my love, just sit down and eat at least something,” my mother begged my father, who completely ignored her while staring out the watching my husband ride off.

“Mother please, he’ll tell you when he wants something,” I told my mother, who only nodded, and then I whispered, “I'll talk to him.”

She nodded once again before excusing herself from the room. I faced my father, who was still looking out of the window. Without turning to look at me, he began to speak.

“I never knew such information would become a threat in your life. This is something likely of what has happened to you, my daughter, you must be careful of your choice,” he then turned to me, his eyes staring into mine. “You say that this figure has said it was a warning?”

I nodded, and walked closer to my father, who stood still, his eyes studying my figure as I said, “Yes, and he also said...”

He put his hand up, a sign for me to be silent, “One answer is all I asked for.”

I bowed my head, “Yes father.”
He circled me as he spoke, “This figure...he told you what he was, but not where he is...wise enough for him to do such a thing, but a ridiculous outrage to such a request.”

He was now in front of me, staring at my whistle first, and then on my eyes, “It reminds me of what happened to you when you were taken from us.”

My eyes widened, “What happened father?”

Of all the years I've been living with my parents, not once have they had the guts to tell me what really happened to me.

My father sighed heavily before sitting his tired body onto his bed before fingering me to sit with him. I sat next to him, and heard him say softly, as if trying to remember the terrible memory, “You were a small girl, maybe only 3 or 4 years old. For a girl your age, you were already practicing your powers perfectly, until one night...”
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanger!!! What's he gonna say? Find out in the next chapter!

:)