‹ Prequel: A Glitch in Time
Status: On Hiatus

This Means War

Chapter 6

“It was only a matter of seconds when we found out what happened after we tucked you in bed,” my father said, looking down at his hands.

I was afraid to ask the obvious, but asked it anyway, “What happened?”

He stared up into my curious eyes, and said, “We heard glass break, your scream for your mother and I, and we heard a few grunts and curses. We ran back to see a dark figure struggling with you as you tried to use your lightning power on him, but he held your hands tight.”

“Your mother stunned him and grabbed you before he could wake up as you cried in her arms, scared and frightened, but then, a shadow fell over us, and we were out like a light; and then when we woke up, you were gone.”

I frowned, and then asked, “That's it? Did you find out who took me?”

He shook his head, and said, “We've tried...for years we've tried...searching, but it wasn't possible.”

“What about the Marsopians?” I asked, making my father snap his head up and stare at me.

“We never associate with the Marsopians, they are our enemy, surely you're insane to think such a thing!”

“I-I-I'm sorry father, with all due respect, I thought it would help,” I said, blushing and staring down at my hands shamefully.

My father sighed, and grasped my chin, and said as he looked deep into my eyes, “It's not your fault, what happens now is up to you. You must make the wise decision, either you fight or not.”

I nodded and closed my eyes as he kissed my forehead before dismissing me to my room.

~~

I was sitting on my bed, trying to think of some ways to deal with this serious situation. Sometimes, I wish I never was pregnant in the first place, other times, I just wonder what it would feel like, to love something that's growing inside of you.

I decide to change into my nightgown and lay down so I can rest my back. My eyes slip close before I notice George walking into the room.

His soft lips meet mine, and I respond quickly with need. Then he smiles as I open my eyes to meet his lovely green ones, as he says, “How has my queen been?”

“I've been better, I guess,” I say, as I sit up to see him in his nightwear. “How did your ride go?”

“Oh, it went well, nothing really suspicious, just a ride into town was all I needed,” said George chuckling and rubbing my small stomach. “So, miss me?”

I blushed, and said as our eyes met, “Yes, I did.”

He reattached our lips and pushed me gently back on my pillow while raking his fingers through my long brown golden hair. He then stopped once the door opened to reveal my parents walking in.

He then helped me sit up, and we both stared at my parents as they walked over to us.

My mother sat on the bed, giving me a soft smile, and asking, “How are you feeling my dear?”

I returned the smile, and said, “I’m fine mother, how are you and father?” I stared at my father who was busy talking to George by the window.

My mother stared at them both, and then looked back at me saying, “He’s very worried about you and what’s happening.”

I nodded saying, “Yea, I just hope I know what I can do to take care of this situation.”

My mother smiled kissing my forehead before saying, “I know you’ll find some solution to this dilemma.”

I only nodded, and then stared off into space, wondering if at any moment what that figure was planning. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t any good.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know, I need some inspiration or something, cuz' I'm not feeling it...any suggestions? I'm started to feel bored with this story.