‹ Prequel: Into Your Arms
Status: Carly & John will appear briefly in Bumpy Roads And Busy Hearts, taking place after this.

Some Days

I'm Freaking Out Because I'm Just So Lucky

“Carly! I’m Home!” I called out, putting my bags on the floor as I entered the apartment. Soon Carly came in from the nursery with Jenny in her arms.

“There are my beautiful ladies,” I outstretched my arms and engulfed them both in a giant family hug.

“I missed you babe,” Carly kissed me. 

“And you think I didn’t miss you two?” I laughed and scooped Jenny up. She was getting bigger than the last time I saw her. She was 6 months old and a lively baby.

Jenny gurgled.

“Yes.. Daddy missed you little lady.” I nuzzled my nose on her cheek, causing her to laugh.

“Oh my god John,” Carly laughed rolling her eyes taking Jenny back. “It’s her nap time bud sorry to steal her away from you like that,”

“Awwe,” I pouted. “But I haven’t gotten to hang out with her at all,” I complained.

“You get to hang out with me though,” Carly winked.

“Well If that’s the case then by all means, please put the baby to sleep.” I laughed as I started to unpack my stuff.

I heard soft singing from the nursery. I crept over, and stood in the doorway. Carly held Jenny, slowly rocking her to sleep in her arms. I smiled. My family was perfect.

I joined in:

"Jenny don't you cry, close your eyes, everything is gonna be alright. You're so young and still so free.
Jenny take my hand, Understand, I will try to be a better dad. Without you there is no me, Jenny."


Soon she was asleep.

“Finally.” Carly sighed as she placed the baby in the crib, and turned the baby monitor on.

“Yes. It’s finally good to be home,” I wrapped my arms around Carly.

***
“So this is our final show for our Pioneer World Tour!” I yelled into the mic. The crowd screamed.
“And I want to introduce you to 2 special people in my life right now!” I continued. More screams. “Please meet Carly and Jenny!” I yelled and looked over to the side of the stage where Carly, walked onto the stage carrying Jenny.. It took a lot of convincing for this to happen. At first Carly was hesitant but bribery always seems to work.

“This is my gorgeous girlfriend Carly and our beautiful baby daughter Jenny!” I wrapped my arm around Carly and kissed her cheek. The crowd awwe’d.

“They are my everything and this song is dedicated to them both!” I started to strum my guitar.

She takes her time with the little things
Love notes reminding me
She wears red when she's feeling hot
I have her but it's all I got
She looks best without her clothes
I know it's wrong but that's the way it goes
I don't know what she sees in me
But I'm happy that she's happy now that she's with me
And I'm freaking out because I'm just so lucky


Carly was grinning and she took the microphone from me with her free hand.

She loves music AND she loves your band
Loves JOHN, she's his biggest fan


she sang causing everyone in the crowd to laugh. I stopped half way through the song, and gave my guitar to Garrett who passed it backstage.

“I guess this is the best time to do this but... Carly Lawson. I love you with all my heart. I want to be with you for the rest of my life.” I started, and got down on my knee. “Will You marry me?” I pulled out a ring and held it up.

Carly stood speechless. Tears started to well up in her eyes.

“Yes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Everything I Ask For-The Maine

Thanks to cindycannibal for commenting the most. You're awesome!! We would give you a prize but we're poor so you get is a virtual high five :p