‹ Prequel: Into Your Arms
Status: Carly & John will appear briefly in Bumpy Roads And Busy Hearts, taking place after this.

Some Days

Stay Away Sweet Misery

“Thank you Cardiff! We are The Maine and we’ll see you next time!” I yelled to the crowd before the lights went off and I headed backstage.

“Great show guys!” I told the guys.

“Are you gonna go out with us to meet the fans?” Pat asked me as we walked down the hallway.

“I was gonna Skype with Carly but yeah I’ll come for a while,” I smiled and we walked out the doors into the crowd that was gathered there.

There were so many kids waiting for us, It was unreal. After I signed a few posters and took pictures, I decided to go call Carly.

“Hey Pat!” I called, “I’m gonna go back in!”

“I’ll come too in a few minutes!” he called back and I walked back behind the tour buses.

“Hi John....” I heard a voice say behind me. I turned around, the light was dim, but I made out the features of a girl. She was tall and slim. Her blonde hair was tied in a ponytail. She held a CD clutched to her chest.

“Uh Hi?” I wondered why she was standing.

“Could you sign this?” she asked as she stepped forward.

“Yeah sure,” I reached into my pocket for my Sharpie. Uncapping it, I signed the CD. “Anything else?” I asked handing it back to her.

She smirked and grabbed my shirt, pulling me down to her level, she touched my face.

“Yes...” she whispered into my ear, and started to leave a trail of kisses down toward my mouth.

“John!!” I heard Pat call me from the front of the busses. I stared at the girl in shock. What the fuck just happened. The girl was still smirking. Bewildered, I took off to Pat.

“C’mon! You need to- What the fuck happened?” Pat looked at my face when I ran in. “Why is there lipstick on your face. No John... No.. Don’t tell me...” he started.

“I didn’t but I almost did,” I collapsed onto the couch.

“What happened though?” Pat asked.

“Some girl asked me to sign her cd so i did and then i asked her what else and she started to kiss me,” I blurted out.

“Go clean up, I’ll call Carly,” Pat patted my back.

“I cant talk to her.” I shook my head, “I can’t.”

“Yes you do, you promised her you’ll call and she’ll worry if she sees my face and not yours. So go take a shower- cuz you smell- and then you’ll join us.” he explained and pushed me to go.

***

I was finished showering in no time and I stepped out. I could hear Pat talking to Carly.

“Hi babe,” I said as I sat down beside Pat.

“Hey John, How was it?” she asked smiling.

“How was what?” I caught off guard.
“The show....” she looked at me confused.

“Oh. Yeah It was good.” I replied.

“That’s good, only a week left,” She seemed excited.

“Yeah,” I grinned. Secretly wishing I stayed in Europe forever, hoping this was all a nightmare.

“Look,” She stood up smiling, a baby bump showing.

“You seem excited,” I muttered.

“And you aren’t. Oh Okay, that’s fine.” she replied angrily.

“Woah Chillax you guys!” Pat tried to calm us down. The tension was building and we weren’t even in the same room. What an awesome relationship.

“You guys will make an awesome family. John’s just tired.” Pat smiled. I’m not tired. I’m miserable. I almost cheated on my girlfriend with some chick that I don’t even know.

We talked for an hour more before we had bus call.

“I’ll talk to you later,” I smiled.

“Yeah... Whatever.” Carly rolled her eyes and soon she disappeared off line.

“Dude. You need to be gentle with pregnant ladies.” Pat reminded me.

“Shut Up Pat! Since when did you become a doctor?!” I yelled.

“I’m just-”

“Shut Up and leave me alone!!” I went to my bunk and lay down facing the wall closing the curtain.

My girlfriend is pissed off. She could pack up and leave any time and I wouldn’t be there to stop her. I stared at the wall, rocked to sleep by the bus’ movement.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Misery- The Maine