‹ Prequel: Into Your Arms
Status: Carly & John will appear briefly in Bumpy Roads And Busy Hearts, taking place after this.

Some Days

We're Just Trying To Find Some Color In This Black And White World

"I bought some paint for the nursery!" Carly squealed as I wrappedmy arms around her, my duffel bag still on my should, and the guys standing outside the bus door waving goodbye.

"What colour?" I asked, awkwardly waddling with her still clung onto me.

"A kind of pale blue." She let go and I glanced down at her belly.

Definately a baby, but not noticeable if she wore loose shirts.

I smiled at her as we walked up to the room and began painting the white walls.

"It's pretty isn't it?" She smiled.

I nodded.

I felt something weirdly wet rub against my back and I turned around to see her standing there, the paint roller in her hands and a sly smile across her face.

"Oh, I'm gonna get you!" I jumped towards her and smeared paint across her cheek and into her dark hair.

"I was just playing!" She laughed, smudging paint onto my forehead.

We continued smearing paint on each other's faces and clothes until we ended up on the ground, covered in blue paint and panting.

"That was fun." She laughed,leaning over and pressing her lips to mine.

***

"Evan!" I heard Carly's voice ringout and I sat up in bed.

I stumbled out of the bedroom and into the livingroom, Carly's arms wrapped around some short guy with his hair gelled up all smooth.

"I missed you!" He laughed, hugging her back.

"...uh, who missed her?" I asked aloud, and they both turned and looked at me.

"Evan. Her brother." He answered bluntly.

Oh. Well, nothing to worry about then.

Carly laughed awkwardly and pointed to me."John, Evan. Evan, John."

I nodded a hello at him.

"So..the infamous John. They one who stole my baby sister." He stated, a detection of hatred in his voice.

"I didn't steal her." I snapped back at him.

"Whoah, okay." Carly's hands flew up, motioning for us to calm down.

She turned to me and smiled. "Evan's going to stay here for awhile, and you two are gonna finish the nursery."

Great. This is just fucking great.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Color - The Maine