Love Yourself So No One Has To

Trust me its better this way

I woke up cuddled next to Alex under a blanket. Last night was good, really good. I knew for a fact that I loved Alex. He was just so cute and the way he played with his hair when he was tired, the way he wrapped his arms around my waist and whispered cute little things in my ears, I just loved him.
"Morning." I whispered into Alex's ear, kissing him softly. He moaned and rubbed his eyes, looking up at me.
"Morning beautiful."
"You guys had fun last night." Jack came strolling into the front lounge. We both just kind of smiled and looked at each other.
"We got a show tonight people! Everyone needs to get up and get moving." Called Matt, organizing everything as usual.
"Today we will be walking around the venue doing interviews and meeting fans so lets go."

After everyone was dressed and fed we headed out to walk around the venue. It was still stifling hot out, but i was dressed more appropriately this time with cut off shorts and a cut out tank top with a bandeau. As we started to pass through more people, i grabbed Alex's hand not wanting to get lost, but he let go and stuck his hand in his pocket.
"what's wrong?" I asked, nervous i had done something.
"Nothing babe, just I don't want people seeing us." he explained
"What? Why? Are you embarrassed to be with me?" I mean I'm sure he was. Here was this gorgeous guy who could get any girl in the world stuck with someone like me.
"No! Not at all! Don't think that, trust me its better this way." He said giving me a quick kiss on top of the head. I didn't really understand. Maybe he just wasn't ready to tell the public yet.

After all the interviews were done we started to make our way to where the fans were lined up. Thank god because i couldn't take another minute of hearing the same answers to the same questions over and over. As the boys came into view, all the girls started to scream.
"Alex, Jack sign this! Rian can i get a picture? Zack over here!"
I stood back watching as my boys were bombarded with fangirls. They seemed to love it, knowing that they had helped all these people and had such dedicated fans. It was just another reason why i loved them all. As usual i stood back with Matt, Vinny and the rest of the crew that weren't busy setting up inside.
"who's that girl?" Someone yelled. I looked up to see everyone staring at me. I guess everyone wasn't used to seeing a girl around, but i didn't know what to say so i just waved.
"She's our friend!" Jack stated. "Ali's awesome! She's helping us out on tour!" He said wrapping is arm around my neck and pulling me in. I saw all the girls give me the same look. I didn't quite understand what they were thinking, but i knew it wasn't good.

The show was amazing as usual. I went out and helped Vinny again around the time the booth gets crazy. It was nice because you could still here the show perfectly fine and i got away from back stage. The only thing was many of the girls who saw me earlier kept questioning me about a lot of things, like how'd you meet the boys? Why are you on tour? Are you dating any of them? When they asked i didn't know what to say. I figured they were Alex's fans so if we were going to go public he should tell them.

The next morning i woke up to a million notifications from twitter on my phone. Almost all of them saying that me and Jack were dating. Some of them were nice saying that we were cute together,but some were nasty calling me a slut and a whore. My face must have looked confused because Alex came and sat down beside me.
"What's wrong Ali?"
"Everyone thinks me and Jack are dating!" I said laughing. "Where did they get that impression from?"
"If fans see anything remotely "dating like" you are automatically together. For gods sake everyone thinks ME and Jack are dating!" Alex laughed. "I wouldn't worry to much about it. Its not like you guys have to hide anything."
Yeah, but what about us. I thought to myself.