Status: Updates once a week(ish)

Falling for Never

Computer screens and sleepless dreams.

A sixteen year old boy leans on the wall of a room filled with unknown technology with his arms crossed tensely over his chest. The Corner of his mouth twitched as he clenched and unclenched his square jaws. 

"will you quit it with your consistent foot tapping?!" and older man angrily yelled at the tall younger boy. 

A seventeen year old girl wearing old baggy grey sweats and a tight purple tee walked in to the room rubbing her arms for warmth "fuck Jerry why don't you ever turn the heat on? It's freezing in here" she scowled throwing him an annoyed look.

The older man now known as Jerry scoffed "if the heat is turned up the machinery is going to short circuit, I have already told you this many times before destiny."

The boy leaning on the wall finally spoke."if you don't like the cold then why don't you dress warmer" he snapped, clearly not in a favorable mood. He confined staring at one of the many monitors that weren't filled with static intensely his shadowy blue eyes gleaming with impatience. The light from the yellow glowing orbs around the room making the golden-like flecks in his eyes and on his visible skin stand out more the usual. 

Destiny growled at him, flipping him the finger before putting on her headset communicator. It resembled a rosary hanging earing, ink black in color. She gently clipped the communication device to her ear lob, almost completely blending in with the charcoal black of her short messily layered hair. "hey jerk off. Why don't you have your communicator on?" she asked grabbing the twin of her own of the shelf. She tilted her chin upwards eyeing him then sighed walking over. 

"it's the first test isn't it.." she made a little sad smile as she spoke "if this works then-"

"it has to work." he cut her off not once taking his eyes away from the monitors. "it has to.." he muttered under his breath finally looking away from the screens and at her face. He looked so exhausted. Dark circles had formed under his large eyes from not sleeping, he looked like a solid ghost from constantly being in the labs and away from sunlight.

"oh honey," destiny sighed. She knew exactly how he felt, being able to do nothing but wait for something that might never happen. She pulled him into a hug "come here hun" she cooed holding him like a fragile child. Destiny smoothed out his light brown orange hair 'looks like it's getting a little long' she thought. 
"you need to get some sleep before you pass out Danny" destiny spoke calmly as if to lull him to sleep. 

/you have such a soft spot for him Des/ a disembodied male voice commented via her communicator. She reached up, turning off her communicator. Danny pulled away from her yawning and rubbing one of his eyes. He sleepily walked over to the entrance of the room watching his feet as he walked. Coming to a stop outside at black door at the end of the hallway he look up away from his feet  at it and sighed giving into his exhaustion and opening the door to his bedroom. The room wasn't too small. It had a closet, a black metal desk, and patio doors. The massive bed took up most of the rooms free space. With the a off-white cream furry area rug covering most of the dark grey hardwood, deep navy walls and black out curtains on the windows and doors the room was usually dark with the exception of the luminescent head sized stone on a nightstand beside the bed an it's twin on the desk. 

Danny went over to his only light source turning off the one farthest from the bed before curling up into his heavy charcoal colored blankets. His arm reached out taping the other stone to turn out it's light before drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

Destiny walked over to Jerry looking over his shoulder as he worked away at a piece of machinery attached to some computer in the room. "hey old man, do you think we might have a chance at this thing working?" she asked him leaning back onto a table crossing her arms over her chest.
Jerry stopped tinkering with some randomly colored wires, taking a deep breath. "if we're goin' to get anything done around here we need Danny boy in better shape then he's in now." he replied avoiding the question. 
Destiny raised an eyebrow "that's not what I asked. You can't keep avoiding it. Keeping is in the dark isn't going to do any good." with that she pushed herself away from the table, walking towards the door. 

Jerry's shoulders Hunched as he sighed in defeat "I don't know what might happen" he admitted almost to himself as destiny walked out of the room leaving him alone with his thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh >< please tell me what you think and I it alright. I appoligise for spelling or if there's a word on there that just doesn't make sense I'm on m iPod so it's a little difficult to do things.

I'm going to try to have updates ever week or so two weeks at the latest!