Status: I'm not writing that frequently at the moment, but I'm trying. I'd love some comments, or any kind of feedback! :D

Accept Me or Except Me

Loving From Afar - Danny

I smiled as I held Lee in my arms. My lips met his ear and I told him, “I’m back, babe. It wasn’t any fun without you.”

Lee didn’t reply. That was weird. I found out why when I looked up to see his Dad glaring at me. If looks could kill, I’d be a gonner in two seconds flat. I backed slowly from Lee as he approached.

“WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING WITH MY SON!?” I took another step back as the priest swore at me.

“Nothing, sir…”

“I DON’T WANT YOU LAYING ANOTHER FINGER ON HIM, DO YOU –”

“I’ve changed, Mr. Nickelson. I understand that I was wrong, but you can’t just take the love of my life –”
“I’m the love of your life?”

Another slip up. I didn’t know how to react. I looked over at Lee, and I was relieved to see that he was smiling. I returned the favor while Lee’s Dad threw daggers at me with his eyes.

“Yes, Lee. I love you and I meant it when I said we’ll be together for ever and ever and ever and –”

Lee didn’t waste any time as he kissed me smack on the lips to shut me up. I had to pull away, but I couldn’t. It was getting too hot for public. At last, Lee pulled away, still looking me in the eye.

“Lee, I don’t want you dating someone like that –” Lee’s Dad started.

“JUST BACK OFF, WILL YOU DAD?” Lee exploded right in front of me. I shouldn’t have thought of it as cute, but I did. “CAN’T YOU JUST LET ME BE WITH THE MAN I LOVE?”

“It’s hard for me, Lee! I can accept that you’re gay, but I can’t let you be with him, he’s –”

“My boyfriend. Not yours.”

“Lee, I –”

“No, Dad. If you can’t let me be with him then I can’t live with you.”

* * *

Lee was crying softly into my chest when we got back to my house. He was on my lap with his arms around my neck.

“I didn’t think he’d actually do it, Danny!” he sobbed. “I didn’t actually think that he’d kick me out!”

“It’ll blow over, Lee. Just you see. It’s just a bit much for them, ‘K?”

“I guess you’re right.”

For the rest of the night we sat together and talked. Lee perked up a tiny bit and I was glad to see that he was actually a bit happy today. We made hot chocolate, we watched one of the TV shows he likes (he’s such a dork) and we had a really nice time.

I got a phone call from Laurence.

“Hey, Danny! I want you to settle something for us.”

I guessed ‘us’ meant him and Matt. “Shoot.”

“Is ‘aluminium’ pronounced ‘al-uh-min-yum’ or ‘a-loo-min-um’?”

“A-loo-min-um. Why?”

“Matt’s saying it like you. It’s weird.”

“I guessed. Why’d you want to know, I was asking.”

“Oh, I’m writing a song!”

“I didn’t know you were a musician!”

“Yeah, I am. I wrote this ballad a while back. I could play it over the phone –”

“Wait one second.”

I placed my cell phone on the counter and hit the ‘speaker’ button. I asked Laurence to start playing. He had a really nice voice. The song was beautiful, too. I walked over to Lee as the intro was playing.

“May I have this dance?” I asked.

He didn’t reply, but he stood and nestled his head in my neck and we started slow dancing.

“I don’t know if you’ve noticed it before,
But I’ve loved you for a while now,
I don’t think there’s a cure,
For loving from afar,
Loving from afar,

You’ve got the perfect girl,
How I wish I could be her,
Her hair with its soft gentle curl,
Is all you think about,

Why do I have to be
In love with another boy?
What is it that she
Has got that I have not?

Am I stupid? I’m not sure
‘Bout that but I know,
That there’s no cure,
For loving from afar.

I’m stuck here,
Loving from afar.”

I pulled apart from Lee and started applauding, and Lee did the same. I can’t believe Laurence felt like that for someone… like Lee did for me.

“Was that Laurence singing?” Lee asked.

“Damn right it was me!” laughed Laurence’s voice from my cell.

Lee smiled and kissed me as the door made a sound. I opened one eye to see Lee’s mom in the doorway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi y'all! Thanks for reading! Did you like the song? I wrote the lyrics myself. :P

I haven't had any comments in ages! It's really annoying, guys! I need motivation! Numero commento = zilcho.