Status: Complete - 12.11.12

Sing Me to Sleep, I'll See You in My Dreams

Three

I squinted up at the ceiling. Bright morning sunlight was streaming into my small bedroom, illuminating my walls to look a sickening orange. I groaned and rolled over so my face was pressed against my warm pillow. My ears strained to hear any sign that my Uncle was still in the house...silence. I smiled into the pillow, he must be out to the pub already.

I lay there in that same position for what felt like an eternity just thinking. Flickering through my brain for ideas and memories, daydreaming of my future. Saturdays were always my favourite. I could lie in my bed, living in the clouds for as long as I desired. Only moving to get food and to pee. As if on cue my stomach growled. I slowly got up to find I was still wearing the same clothes I had on yesterday...convenient! I padded down the stairs and took my time making my scrambled eggs, I was in no rush at all and it was pure bliss.

After stuffing my face with eggs and washing my plate I made my way back up to my room, blasted A Day To Remember and resumed my position on my bed. The lyrics washed over me like a crashing wave and I clenched my fist at the rush of memories flooding my mind.

If you can wait till I get home
Then I swear come tomorrow
This will all be in our past
Well it might be for the best

"No, it's that way!" My mum pointed with her boney finger to the road at our right. My dad merely grunted and turned left, completely ignoring my mother's protests.
"Shut up Woman! We're going this way!" I cowered in my seat at the back of the car. I absolutely hated when they fought.
"You never listen to me! Never! I doubt you'd even notice if I just died here and now!" This made my dad let out a sarcastic laugh and turned to face the red faced woman with a lethal glare.
"Oh I'd notice all right! Because there'd be peace at last!" My mum opened her mouth to shout back but she turned around with wide eyes to the road ahead and let out a blood curdling scream that still rings hauntingly in my ears


I wiped away the tears that had escaped my eyes and turned my CD off. I think that's enough for today. The scream of my mother still circulated around my brain making it impossible to erase the memory. I looked down at my clock. 3:15. I decided I'd go for a walk again and maybe, just maybe visit them...if I was feeling strong enough.

Alex.

My heart skipped a beat as I remembered the caramel blonde from yesterday. A small smile escaped my lips as I remembered the sound of his laugh and the way he made my insides all warm. He made me feel different, loved.

I pulled on a blue hoodie and practically sprinted to the Graveyard where I hoped Alex would be. I opened the stiff gate which let out an audible cackle before walking up the gravel path leading to the rows and rows of gravestones. I scanned the grounds, my heart sinking with each glance at the empty yard.
"Jack!" I span around and was met with a smirking Alex. I laughed at him jumping about with his hand waving crazily in the air. I ran down to him where he again sat down on the grass and patted the space in front of him, indicating I sit down.
"I just got here and I thought you forgot!" He said as I crossed my legs in front of me.
"Same here! I couldn't see you anywhere." He laughed at this and leaned in close.
"That's because I'm ninja." He whispered, I let out a low snort at his childish remark. He could make me laugh oh so easily. I then noticed he was wearing the same thing he was yesterday again, I let out a sigh, at least I wasn't the only lazy ass around here.
"Are you not a bit cold? You can have my hoodie if you want?" I looked at his hunched posture and folded up arms, everything about him was screaming "cold". I went to pull my hoodie off my own shoulders when he hastily shook his head.
"No no, I'm fine. You keep your hoodie on." He smiled up sweetly at me, he met my gaze and his eyebrows knitted together in a soft frown. "Have you been crying?" I cringed away from his stare and nodded my head sheepishly. "Why? What's wrong Jack?" The amount of concern dripping from his words warmed my heart at bit, it made a pleasant change from everyone not caring.
"Oh, I was just thinking about my parents. They both died when I was 11." I swallowed the large lump forming in my dry throat and rubbed at my stinging eyes. I wouldn't let Alex see me cry.
"That's horrible. Do you miss them?" I snorted at his stupid question. Of course I miss them! "Okay sorry, silly question. I miss my parents." My head shot up, had his died too?
"What happened to your parents?" My eyes were locked on his face, trying to read his expression. He loudly swallowed and opened his mouth to speak.
"They stopped caring about me I suppose, after my brother died...so I left them." My eyes were wide with shock. I guess the old saying is true. You should definitely not judge a book by it's cover.
"You...you ran away?" I leaned closer to catch everything that he was saying.
"Well...yeah in a sense. But I'm happier now I guess, free from it all..." His eyes were focused on something far away, deep in thought.
"Well I'm happy to hear that I suppose. I wish I had your guts to leave, I could never do that." Alex immediately snapped out of his trace to frown at me.
"What do you mean?" I shuffled awkwardly under his piercing gaze.
"I live with my Uncle and...he's an alcoholic and..." Alex nodded his head encouragingly "He sometimes abuses me, just sometimes...when he's had too much to drink." It was Alexs' turn to go wide eyed, his mouth was hanging open making him look like a gaping fish. I tried my hardest not to smile at his expression.
"Wow." Was all he said. I nodded my head, just to humour him. "I guess we're both kinda messed up in some way huh?" He said, with a trace of a sad smile lingering on his lips. I let out a humourless laugh.

He had no idea....
♠ ♠ ♠
I've updated! It feels like forever but I've had terrible writers block and I have so much tests and I have the school play to rehearse for and bleeeh! Sorry it's not very interesting but I'm getting there, please comment on your thoughts and thank you to all of you who have commented and subscribed, means a lot :D