Status: active

What Lies Within

I Love You. I Think.

As the next few days passed by things began to calm down with Sophie and Draco. Their relationship was as great as ever, much to Pansy's dismay. Sophie spent more and more time with Hermione studying for O.W.L.S when she wasn't studying, she was out on the Quidditch pitch with Draco and her other teammates. The Slytherin had to beat Hufflepuff that weekend to move on to try and win the Quidditch Cup from the Gryffindors.

"So Draco," Pansy spoke as they currently sat in potions class. "Are you guys ready for the match tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I'm sure we will do fine." He said, trying to scoot further away from the insistent girl. Sophie laughed and decided to not come to Draco's aid, it was too funny to see Pansy throw herself all over Draco.

"I'll be there in the crowd, cheering you on." She told him, grinning. Draco just nodded his head and went back to his potion. When they finished and had to flask up their potions to take it up, Draco took both his and Sophie's while she cleaned up their cauldrons. She turned when she heard a smash from Snape's desk. She saw Draco laughing and Harry looking angry. Of course Draco had just smashed Harry's potion. Sophie felt bad for Harry and when Draco came back to her she punched his arm.

"Real mature, Draco." She said, rolling her eyes at him. He just chuckled and pulled her into his arms, evaporating all of her anger with his lips. She pulled away and smiled at him as he took her hand and lead the way from the room, past an angry Harry who was just told he would get a zero from Snape.

The rest of the night passed boringly for the couple. They sat in the common room doing homework and studying. Marcus Flint ordered them all to bed early so they would be well rested for the next days match. Sophie had to admit that she woke up very nervous. This match could be the end of it. They had to win today.

Though of course, they lost, but only by 20 points. Sophie had managed to get 140 points by scoring numerous times against Hufflepuff, but their seeker caught the snitch first when they had scored 10 points, giving them 160 points for the win. Draco was beyond angry with himself. So close and it was ruined.

"Don't beat yourself up so much, Draco." Sophie told him that night at dinner. He hadn't eaten a single thing since breakfast that morning and just sat in his seat beside Sophie with his arms crossed.

"We should have won, Sophie. You did all that work for nothing, I ruined it." Sophie sighed and shook her head. It was his fault they lost, all he had to do was catch the snitch and he couldn't do that one thing but Sophie didn't want him beating himself up about it.

"We lost, it happens. There is always next year." She assured him, pushing her food around on her plate with her fork.

"Well, now you can focus on studying, O.W.L.S start next week." He reasoned. "You can spend more time doing that instead of on the Quidditch pitch." She nodded at his words before setting her fork down.

"Yeah, I guess. Speaking of that, I told Hermione that I would meet her in the library after dinner. I'll see you later tonight, alright? Eat something, too, please?" Before he could respond she leaned over and gave him a quick kiss and stood up. She grabbed her bag and rushed out of the Great Hall with her boyfriend staring after her sadly.

"Hey, Sophie, sorry about the loss." Hermione told her best friend as she sat down at the table in the library beside her.

"It's alright, we tried at least. Draco pointed out something very true to me though." Sophie told her as she pulled out her books. "I can now spend more time studying." Hermione laughed and nodded.

"O.W.L.S are basically here and I feel far from prepared." Hermione said seriously. Sophie gave a nod.

"I know I am not prepared at all." She agreed.

"Oh please, you two will get the highest scores out of all of us." They both jumped and turned to see Draco walking towards them.

"What are you doing here?" Sophie asked him as he sat down beside her. He gave her his cocky grin as he leaned back in his seat, reaching over to rest his arm across the back of her own seat.

"I have exams coming up as well, I need to study." He told her. Sophie of course noted that he didn't even have his bag with him.

"You, study? Yeah, I don't think so." She said, making him grin. "Just be quiet, I have a lot to do." Draco nodded and allowed her to get back to studying. He sat beside her, his arm around her as he stared off into space, lost in thought. Eventually Hermione gave up studying for the night and went back to her common room, leaving the two alone.

"Are you done studying yet?" Draco asked, leaning over to press his nose to the side of her neck. She shivered as his breath hit her neck but she tried to ignore it.

"No." She answered simply, continuing to write on the parchment in front of her.

"I can think of something else we could be doing though." He whispered before clasping his lips onto her neck. She groaned and involuntarily tilted her head to the side, giving him more room. After a few seconds she gave another groan and pushed him away, seeing that he had his cocky grin back on his face.

"Draco, seriously, I need to study." She told him, giving him a look that made him sigh.

"Oh come on, love, you played really well today, you deserve a break from studying. Plus, it's really late. You can study tomorrow." He said, dipping his head back down to her neck. She sighed and gave in.

"Fine. I guess I can stop for the night." Draco pulled back and grinned at her.

"What do you say we go to the room of requirement?" He asked suggestively. She laughed and shook her head.

"What happened to your whole 'if we don't stop now, I won't be able to stop at all'?" She questioned as she gathered up her things into her bag. Draco shrugged and reached for her bag, putting it over his own shoulder as they stood up and began to walk out of the deserted library.

"Maybe I have gained more self control." He suggested as he reached over to link hands. She laughed and bumped his shoulder with hers.

"I highly doubt that." She told him, making him gasp and fake hurt.

"That hurts me, my love. You have no faith in me." She laughed and shook her head.

"Nope, I sure don't." He brought his lips down in a frown, making her laugh harder. "You can make whatever adorable face you won't, I still don't think you have enough self control." He then broke into a grin and nodded.

"What can I say, with you around my self control just goes out the window. I can't help myself." He told her. She shook her head but smiled at him none the less.

"So, will you be mad at me if I cheer for the Gryffindor's at the game against Ravenclaw tomorrow?" She asked him as they walked down the corridor.

"Yes, of course I would. Ravenclaw should win the Cup, if we can't." Draco told her seriously, rolling his eyes as if he couldn't believe she asked such a thing.

"Well then be mad at me, because I am." She said as they reached the room of requirement. The door had already appeared there as they walked up to it, seeming to already know what they would need. They stepped in to see that it looked just like the hallway of the Malfoy manor. Two doors across from one another. They frowned and stepped towards the one on the right and opened it. It looked exactly like Sophie's bedroom at the Malfoy's house. She broke into laughter and went across the hall to open the door to see that sure enough Draco's room was across from hers. "It seems that the room knew you'd be sleeping alone tonight." She said, smiling up at him.

"Just because I don't like your choice of team, I have to sleep alone?" He asked, frowning.

"According to the room, yes." She said, shrugging. She then laughed and shook her head. "No, silly." She stepped up to him, wrapping her arms around his neck as his hands went to rest on her hips. "Maybe the room just wants us to be in the place where I first kissed you." She whispered, making him smile.

"Ah yes, I remember that. Standing right here. How about we share a better kiss than that?" He suggested making her nod before connecting their lips. They kissed for a few seconds before pulling away and smiling at one another. "I love you, Sophie." Draco whispered, making Sophie step backwards her eyes wide.

"You what?" She questioned, making him sigh.

"Nothing. Forget about it. I don't know what I was saying." He tried to move past her to his bedroom door but she grabbed his arm.

"No, Draco, stop. Did you really mean that?" She asked him. He sighed and looked down at the ground, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah... I do mean it when I say I love you." Draco told her, looking back at her. Sophie didn't know what to do.

"I... I don't know what to say..." She told him truthfully.

"An 'I love you, too' usually works." He mumbled, looking back at the ground. She sighed and took a step closer to him, reaching up to rest her hand on his cheek.

"I care for you, Draco, a lot but I don't want to say that unless I'm sure I really mean it." She told him making him nod.

"That's fine, I'd prefer it that way, I just wanted you to know how I felt." He told her. She nodded and reached up to kiss his lips gently but he pulled away shortly after, giving her a soft smile. "It's getting late, we should probably go back to the common room." Before she could say anything he turned and walked out of the door they had just entered shortly before. Sophie sighed and followed him. The long walk down to the common room was silent and awkward. "Goodnight, Sophie." Draco said as soon as they entered the common room. "I guess the room of requirement was right, I'd be sleeping alone." With that Draco disappeared behind the door to the boys dormitory. Sophie sighed and began to make her way to her own dormitory.

Half way there she stopped and fell into a chair instead. Did she love Draco? It had now been 5 months since they had gotten together and even before that she had started having feelings for him months previously. She needed to be beside him every second, even the few minutes he'd been gone now made her ache to be near him again. She smiled when he smiled, she wanted to do anything she could to make him happy. She cried when he cried, she laughed when he laughed, she moved when he moved. Her thoughts were constantly swarmed with him. She thought of nothing else throughout her day. She needed him every second of every day. Was that love?

She suddenly stood up and made quick steps to the boys dormitory and made her way to the familiar dormitory occupied by her boyfriend and his classmates. When she stepped in, all of the lights were off but she had been in the room so many times she easily made her way to the correct bed in the dark. She slipped off her shoes and pulled back the blanket, sliding in beside the occupant easily.

"Sophie?" Draco whispered as he turned over.

"I love you, too." She whispered in response, smiling at him in the dark.

"Really? You aren't just saying that because you feel bad?" He questioned making her shake her head.

"I love you, Draco, I do." He broke into a grin and reached over to connect their lips in a soft kiss.

"I love you." He whispered when they pulled back. She grinned and pecked his lips before sliding closer to him, resting her head on his chest.

"Good night, Draco."

"Good night, my love." He whispered back, wrapping his arms around her tightly, never wanting to let her go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it's been almost like a week.
I just want you guys to know that I have two other stories on Mibba that I am working on and I have a rotation with my three stories. If you read either of the other two, I always update Do I Turn Our Alright? right before I update this one. So if you see an update from that, then expect this to be updated very soon. And if you see The Road Ahead of Us updated then an update for this won't be for another few days or so. Just letting you all know so you can be a little more aware of when an update may be coming. The Road Ahead of Us will be ending soon, meaning that updates between this and Do I Turn Out Alright? will be quicker.

Comment and let me know what you think of Sophie and Draco's love confessions. (: