Status: Complete, I own nothing but my own characters, and title credit goes to the amazing Mayday Parade :)

'Cause Baby I'm a Dreamer for Sure

Chapter 11

I walked into the apartment I shared with Lacey and was immediately welcomed with the sound of Derek Sander’s perfect voice. Lacey was listening to Mayday Parade once again, not that I was complaining. I saw that Lacey was not jumping around to the music, so I assumed that she was either in her room or the bathroom. I made my way to the stereo and turned down the volume, so the music was barley playing, but you could still understand every word. Lacey came running into the room at that moment.

“Annie! Where have you been?” Lacey said coming up and hugging me before plopping down on the couch and stretching out her long legs, propping them up on the coffee table. “Johnathan was worried sick about you. He said you quit your job at the recording studio.”

“Yeah I did, I just couldn’t deal with Lampton any longer. I’m sorry I didn’t call you, a lot has gone on today.” I said sitting down in the chair we had in our tiny living room.

“I bet, if you quit your job and then disappeared on your own for hours.” She responded.

“Well, I actually wasn’t alone.” I stated sheepishly.

“You weren’t? Oh, did Ben decide to get his behind down here and surprise you by taking you out to dinner?” She said smiling.

“No, actually Ben broke up with me tonight over a phone call.” I sadly said

“What, why would he break up with you?” She said sitting up, completely shocked.

“He blamed it on the separation and me not trying to go see him. Then he told me it was because he met someone else.” My voice was sad, but no tears threatened to fall. Either I had cried all the tears I could tonight, or it just wasn’t as painful anymore.

“How could he? He just doesn’t know what he’s losing by letting you go.” Lacey said trying to cheer me up.

“Funny, that’s what everyone’s been telling me tonight.” I said with a giggle, thinking about how Derek and Brooks told me similar statements.

“Wait, who’s everyone?” Lacey said as another Mayday Parade song began to play, one of my favorites too, Stay.

I just sat there for a moment, smiling as I thought about my crazy night with the Mayday guys, with Brooks. I just couldn’t get his smiling face out of my mind, he was so sweet tonight. I wish I could have kissed him tonight when he tried. Stupid emotions for getting in the way. I didn’t realize that I had been so consumed in my thoughts until Lacey started waving a hand in my face.

“You okay Annie?” She asked concerned etched upon her face.

“Yeah, just thinking. You won’t believe me when I tell you who I was with tonight.” I said my smile never failing as I looked at her, excitement was written on her face as she looked at me with a grin.

“Just tell me… Please Annie.” She said with a small pout.

“Okay, I was with some amazing people that I just met today, and they just happen to sing the song that’s playing.” I said with a sly grin.

“You were with Mayday Parade!!!” She exclaimed bouncing in her seat and squealing some.

“Yeah!” I shouted with her.

“I knew you met them today and that Brooks flirted with you because of your text, sorry I couldn’t reply to that by the way, but I never thought you’d be able to go hang out with them!” She shouted even more excited than she was before.

“Yeah it was just a crazy day, but hanging out with them didn’t turn out how I hoped. I pretty much cried the entire time and sat outside the club we were at with Brooks. Who, at one point, was also part of the cause of me crying outside.” I said my enthusiasm dying some.

“What why, what did he do?” Lacey said suddenly serious.

“Well, he had been comforting me all night. He was there with me after Ben broke up with me, but then we went inside a while after that. A slow song came on and he asked me to dance and I said yes, but after the song was over he tried to kiss me.”

“Really? Why would that make you cry? You love the guy, he’s your favorite member of the band.” Lacey said suddenly confused.

“Ben, that’s why. When Brooks went to kiss me, I immediately thought of Ben and I couldn’t do it.” I stated looking down at my hands. “Now, I really wish I had.”

“Awe Annie, it’s going to be okay.” Lacey said hugging me.

“I know, Lace, thanks. He followed me and apologized, told me about his ex and held me while I cried for the hundredth time tonight.” I said with a small laugh at the end. “Then we agreed to forget everything and start over as friends.”

“See, I told you it would be okay.” Lacey said happily. “Wait you didn’t completely friend zone him did you?

“I don’t think so, I just meant be friends and see where it leads. I don’t know Lacey, that’s going to bug me all night now.” I said laughing. “He did give me his number though.”

“You didn’t happen to get Jake’s or Alex’s or find out if they know Christian Bale or Tom Hardy, did you?” Lacey asked naming her favorite famous people.

“Lacey, they’re musicians, not actors. I didn’t ask, but I doubt they know Christian Bale nor Tom Hardy.” I said giving her a look as she pouted. “I didn’t get Alex’s number either, but-“

“You got Jake’s?” She was no longer pouting, but looking at me with hopeful eyes.

“No,” the hopeful look disappeared quickly. “But I did give him my number and address.” I said and Lacey went extremely still.

“Jake knows where we live?”

“Yeah, Lace, he was in the van when they brought me home and his and Cabby’s girlfriends are coming to pick me up tomorrow.” I said forgetting the fact I hadn’t told anything about tomorrow’s plans yet.

“Why are they coming to pick you up, I wanna come!” Lacey said pouting some again.

“The guys want me to help with the sound at their show tomorrow and if I do well at it, they might get me a new job.” I said smiling at the fact that I could be touring with Mayday Parade.

“You’re kidding me, you might get to tour with Mayday Parade and date Brooks Betts. That’s awesome!” Lacey practically screamed. “Do I get to come to the concert too?” She asked with pleading eyes.

“I’m sure it will be fine just let me ask Brooks to make sure and see if he can find out if Ashley won’t mind driving you too.” I said pulling out my phone and finding Brooks’ number.

Annie: Brooks?

Brooks: Your Betts as good as mine. :) This is Annamarie isn’t it?

Annie: Wow that was lame. Lol and yes it is.

Brooks: What’s up?

Annie: Is it okay if I bring my friend Lacey to the show tomorrow?
Brooks: Yeah of course it is.

Lacey who was reading over my shoulder, squealed and began jumping up and down, her long blond hair flying around wildly.

Annie: You’ve made her happy. Lol Can you find out if Ashley doesn’t mind driving her too, cause if she doesn’t want to, then Lacey can drive us there.

Brooks took a while to respond as Lacey continued to jump up and down, only now the music was turned back up and she was singing every word of “Oh Well, Oh Well”.

Brooks: Cabbage asked Ashley, she doesn’t mind.

Annie: Thanks Brooks, well I think I’m going to go to bed now. See you tomorrow. Good night.

Brooks: See you tomorrow, sweet dreams Annamarie.
♠ ♠ ♠
So pretty much this is just a way to introduce Lacey Skies, one of Annie's best friends and Johnathan's sister. I wanted Lacey to be a crazy, but amazing person and friend. I kind of based her off my own best friend, which is why I had to randomly add Christian Bale and Tom Hardy into this chapter. lol :) Anyways comments are always welcomed. Hope whoever's reading this story is enjoying it.