Status: Complete, I own nothing but my own characters, and title credit goes to the amazing Mayday Parade :)

'Cause Baby I'm a Dreamer for Sure

Chapter 2

Sitting in class was pure torture as always. The professor droned on and on about the history of art and its importance. I sat among my class with my head resting on my hand and failing at keeping my eyes open as the professor's monotone voice slowly began to fade away. That was until I got hit in the face with a piece of paper. I glared at the paper before scanning over the class, my eyes landing on the dirty blonde, Ben Carron, in the row before me. I glared at him when he turned to look at me, but he wasn't bothered and warmly smiled at me before motioning me to read the paper. Which I did happily.

"Hey lovely, let's go somewhere tomorrow. I have a friend of mine coming that I want you to meet. He's in the recording business and has worked with some amazing bands. I think he could help you with your music career. "

Ben has always been there for me and knows me better than anyone, especially about my passion for music. He's been my friend since we were three and is now my loving boyfriend of two years. With those two years, he has come to know just how much my parents run my life.

"Ben, I'd be happy to meet your friend, but you know there is no music career for me. My parents won't allow it."

"Annie, thrilled you will go meet him, he has worked with some of your favorite bands. Also you can have anything you want, you're 23 years old you can't let your parents take everything from you."

"I have no other choice; my parents get what they want. They decide my future not me. It's just how my family is."

"That life style may be good for them, but it's not you. Annie, you are an amazing musician. You play several instruments and you have such a beautiful voice. You always do what your parents want; you got a well paying job, always got good grades, and now you're in college for a major you don't even want. I can't sit by and watch this anymore. When you meet my friend, don't think about what your parents want; think about what you want more than anything to be able to do with your life. Please do something for yourself for once in your life."

"Alright Ben, I make no promises to go chasing after lost hopes, but I will meet your friend with an open mind and not think about my parents, but it won't change anything. I'll still be here working for a degree I don't want."

"That's all I can ask for. Doesn't mean I'm giving up though. There's so much more for you out there and you let your parents keep it out of your reach, like a kid with the cookie jar."

Same old Ben, can never be truly happy unless those he cares about are happy as well. Class finally ended and we were all free to leave. Ben drove me home in silence, just holding my hand as we made our way down the street. He knew I enjoyed quiet drives to think about life. When we finally reached my home, he told me he loved me and that he'd see me tomorrow. I went to bed that night thinking about what tomorrow could bring.
♠ ♠ ♠
So pretty much this was just a note/conversation between Annamarie and her boyfriend. I know this is starting off slow, but it's the only way I could think of to build on the plot and introduce some important characters. Just hang in there.

Comments/advice welcomed.

Also I need some help with chapter titles if anyone would like to help. I'll give you credit if you do.