Status: Complete, I own nothing but my own characters, and title credit goes to the amazing Mayday Parade :)

'Cause Baby I'm a Dreamer for Sure

Chapter 23

I ran out of the club as fast as I could, once again Ben had ruined a wonderful night with my friends. It was raining outside, but I didn't care as I stood by the wall like I did the last time I was at the club. I closed my eyes as I raised my head towards the sky allowing tears and rain to mix down my face and most likely causing makeup to run down my face as well. I stood there for a minute when two hands came to rest on my hips gently. I opened my eyes to see Brooks standing in front of me, concern etched on his face.

"What happened, Love?" He asked softly after I practically fell into his arms.

"Ben wasn't here with a friend, he was here trying to break us up." I said my voice unusually even when tears fell freely across my cheeks. Sobs didn't shake through me though; at least I was past that when it came to Ben. Brooks just held me close to him, my head resting against his chest and a fist full of his shirt in my hand from when I fell into him.

"I'm sorry Love. I wish this had not happened to you." Brooks hand rubbed my back soothingly as he worked on calming me down.

"Brooks, do you have your phone on you?" I asked when a thought occurred to me.

"Yeah, why?"

"I need to call someone and I left my phone with Julie." We pulled away so Brooks could pull out his phone. I dialed the number and waited for an answer while Brooks leaned against the wall behind me, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into him. After what seemed like ages, I got an answer.

"Hello?" A familiar voice called on the other end.

"Mom, its Annie." I said focusing on keeping calm.

"Annie, whose phone are you calling from?" She asked, there was a tone to her voice I just couldn't place.

"It's Brooks phone, mom did you talk to Ben today or yesterday?"

"Yes he wanted to talk to you this evening and apologize." My mother responded that tone still there. "I told him that one of your friends wanted you to go to a club and gave him the address to your apartment that if he made it early he could find you there. Did he find you?"

"Yeah he did, and he told me what you thought about my relationship with Brooks. You said you'd give him a chance yet you go and tell Ben that you don't you don't think Brooks is good for me?" I was really hoping this wasn't true, but I knew my mother too well to for much hope.

"He's a rock star Annie, and from what I hear he's been a bad influence on you. Since when did you become an alcoholic?" Ben obviously got to her before I did, I had never let my parents know I even tried beer and now I drank a can most nights.

"I'm not an alcoholic." I said disgustedly.

"According to Ben you had a beer in your hands tonight drinking it." She stated strongly as if she were proving me wrong.

"So I drink a beer from time to time, that doesn't make me an alcoholic, I'm not addicted and I don't drink more than one." I said frustrated that she would think that. "And that has nothing to do with Brooks anyways, it was my own choice."

"Well, your own choice came when you got with Brooks and the other guys of that rotten band of yours. I think you need to leave that group you're with and come home." She ordered more than offering her opinion.

"This band isn't rotten, it's amazing and the guys in it are wonderful. They treat me and everyone else with the respect deserved. They are far from a bad influence on me, or anyone for that matter and as for coming home, I can't. I can't leave people that care so much about me, I won't, I love the people I'm with they're amazing and they don't try to ruin my life." The tears that had dried moments ago were flowing again.

"Ruin your life, if that's what you think your father and I are doing then you’re wrong." My mother began, she was furious, but I didn't care anymore.

"Not dad, dad's not the one who picks out every little fault in someone, he's not the one who wants me to leave my friends, and he's not the one trying to break my wonderful boyfriend and me up when I'm finally happy. No, dad's not the one doing that, you are. I live you mom, I always will, but I'm tired of you trying to control everything in my life. I'm twenty three years old and it's time for me to make my own decisions, and my first one is to stay here in Tallahassee dating Brooks and traveling with his Band. I'm sorry it has to be this way, but I need to live my life." With that I hung up. Brooks had tightened his hold on me and kissed my head, I just leaned into him and rested my head against his.

"I'm proud of you Love. You stood up for yourself and that's what needed to be done."

"I guess you're right, but I don't want to talk about it right now. Can we just head home, I'm freezing." We were drenched from the rain, and now that everything was said and done, I had realized just how cold this rain was and I wasn't used to cold in Florida.

"Yeah, I like that idea. Do you need to get your bag from Julie?"

"Yeah I'm going to run in there and grab it real quick and tell them bye." I said as I stood up straight.

"Alright I'll go grab the car and wait for you." Brooks said kissing me quickly before searching for the car. I on the other hand ran inside and got bombarded with questions that I just gave quick little answers to. Eventually the questions ceased and I gave out some hugs; Julie, Lacey, Jake, and Derek to be exact, they wouldn't let me leave without hugs and making sure I was okay. Finally I made it out and climbed in the car with Brooks and we headed home.

Right when we walked in the door I turned to Brooks who immediately crashed his lips with mine. Not really expecting it I stumbled back into the wall before returning the kiss and wrapping my arms around his neck pulling him closer. We broke for air after a while, both of our breathing a bit rough, and Brooks rested his forehead against mine.

"Why don't you go take a shower, and then we'll go to bed." He said his breathing still a bit uneven.

"Sounds good, I think it might help me relax some. I'll try to hurry though."

"Don't rush, I think I'm going to change and play playsation for a bit."

"Alright." I said kissing him again as he pushed me against the wall a bit more trying to get closer. We broke apart again and went to the bedroom, Brooks got me a towel and washcloth before letting me be alone. I know he said don't rush, but after I stood in the hot water for a few minutes I realized that being in his arms was much more comforting than here alone, so I showered fast.

I changed into some sweats and one of his tank tops before heading into the living room where I found him playing a football game on the PS3 with his feet propped up on the small coffee table. I went and joined him on the couch curling up beside him with my knees resting against his leg and my head on his shoulder. I started to doze off during the second game and was almost asleep when he moved from under me and picked me up carrying me to the bedroom. He placed me under the covers and joined me after taking off his shirt. I curled into his chest as his arms wrapped around me. The shirt I was wearing had the sides cut out, which Brooks took notice of when pulling me close, for his hand was laying on my bare back as his fingers traced patterns against my skin. A smile made its way across my face, before sleep stole me away.