Status: Complete, I own nothing but my own characters, and title credit goes to the amazing Mayday Parade :)

'Cause Baby I'm a Dreamer for Sure

Chapter 25

I woke the next morning still wrapped securely in Brooks' arms. I looked at him to discover that I was awake before him, which was very odd. I just laid my head back on his chest, snuggling closer to him, but that lasted all of five seconds when I realized that I really had to pee. I looked up at Brooks again, a smile pulling at my lips while remembering when his bushy hair would fall in his face whenever he would lay down, before slowly sneaking from his arms, out of bed, and hurrying to the bathroom.

Once I was done, I went headed back to the bedroom only to find Brooks sitting up. He smiled sleepily at me as I made my way to him.

"You're up before me, that's new." He said still not fully awake, a yawn escaping his lips as I sat in his lap.

"I know I just woke up for some reason. I tried to go back to sleep, but I really had to pee, so I had to get up." I said and then thought about what had been spoken. "You didn't really need to know that." I laughed; he just smiled more awake than he was before.

"Its fine, I still love you." He said pecking me on the lips.

"I love you too." I stated wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him again.

"Are you hungry?" Brooks asked when we pulled apart, resting his head against mine.

"A little, I guess." I said knowing I'd have to leave his arms so he could cook for us.

"Then let's go make us some breakfast." He said kissing my cheek and letting me go so I could get up.

We went into the kitchen and began to cook, this time I helped. Brooks told me what to do and I followed his instructions, although I made a mess cracking the eggs open and had to wash my hands immediately after because I couldn't stand the stickiness. I had never been good at cooking, but Brooks just chuckled at me and fixed my mistakes. I laughed with him at times and pouted during others, but was happy when we finally got to sit down and eat.

"You did well." Brooks said as he took a bite of the food. I gave him an "are you kidding me look" before speaking.

"Yeah that's why you had to fix everything I did." I said sipping my drink.

"I didn't have to fix everything." Brooks said finishing his meal.

"Pretty much, I told you I was a terrible cook." I said watching him hop down from the stool he was sitting on.

"You don't give yourself enough credit Love." He said placing a sweet kiss to my head and heading to wash the dishes. Unfinished off my food and took the last sip of my drink before hopping down and following Brooks into the kitchen. I was planning on washing my own dishes this time, but Brooks took them from me and began washing them himself.

"Why do you always do that?" I asked jumping up on the counter.

"Do what?" He asked confusion seeping into his beautiful voice.

"You never let me do the dishes; this is actually the first time you've let me cook."

"You've always been asleep when I cook and as for the dishes, I guess I'm just used to it, so I'm being a good host and cleaning up." He said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Okay so you're right about the cooking one, but you don't always have to clean the dishes, I'm happy to help you anytime." I said with a sweet smile.

"You say you're happy to help, but would you be happy to meet my parents later today?" He asked nervously. What a way to change the subject.

"Yeah if you want me to. Your parents can't be anywhere near as bad as mine were when they met you. Do you think they'll like me?" I looked down at my legs as I began swinging them back and forth. Brooks finished the dishes and came to stand in front of me placing his hands on my hips.

"Of course they will; you are a sweet, amazing, and caring person. There's no way they could hate you." He said gazing into my eyes; I gave him a shy, small smile.

"Thanks Brooks, I love you."

"I love you too." He replied before pressing his lips firmly to mine and I got lost in the kiss.

My nerves grew with each passing second as we drove to Brooks' parents' house. I'm not even sure why I was nervous after what Brooks told me, but I couldn't shake the worry of them not approving of me. What would Brooks do if they didn't? He wouldn't leave me would he? I was brought from my thoughts when I heard the engine stop and Brooks squeezed my hand.

"Here we are, you ready?" He asked with a gentle smile, I simply nodded before leaving the car and following Brooks to the door. Brooks and I just walked into the house and I tried to ignore the nerves eating away at me as I gripped his hand while he led me into the kitchen.

"Brooks how are you dear?" A kind voice said before a woman came and hugged him.

"I'm good mom, how are you?" He said letting go of me to hug his mother a smile brightening his face.

"I'm good." She said releasing him and looking at me. "And who is this?"

"Mom, this is my girlfriend, Annamarie." Brooks said practically glowing with happiness as he introduced me. His mother smiled sweetly as she offered her hand.

"What a beautiful name, it's nice to meet you Annamarie, I'm Monti."

"Thank you and it's nice to meet you too." I said shaking her hand. When she let it go I just folded my hands together in front of me and just smiled shyly because wasn't sure what to do and was becoming the awkward shy person I truly am. Brooks noticed and came back to me placing an arm around my shoulders.

"You seem to have made quite an impression on my son Annamarie. How long have you two been together?" She asked going back to her cooking.

"A couple of months now, and you can call me Annie, I know my name can be a mouth full sometimes." I said with a smile leaning into Brooks and looking up at him. He just grinned at me, kissed my lips lightly, and hugged me closer to him.

"You do have a long name." She laughed "It's a beautiful name, but I think I will be calling you Annie and I hope you and Brooks have many more months to come." She said more seriously, but her smile still remained.

"Thank you." I said blushing some with a small smile on my face, Brooks just chuckled at my awkwardness and hugged me more, before looking at his mother.

"Mom, is dad home?"

"Yeah he's in the office." She said and Brooks began to lead me out of the kitchen. "Oh and Annie, welcome to the family." She said with a grin that I returned as I called my thanks out to her before Brooks pulled me away.

"You made a great impression on my mother." He said as he tangled our fingers together.

"I'm not sure how, I was completely shy and blushing the entire time not to mention I couldn't keep eye contact with her because of my shyness." I said quietly in hopes of no one hearing.

"Doesn't matter you were sweet and polite, and she loved you. She's never actually voiced that she hopes I'll have many more months to come, this was a first, I mean don't get me wrong I know she hoped I would never get my heart broken and she was kind to anyone I brought home, so I know you made a great impression." Brooks said and I couldn't help but giggle at him. "What?"

"Nothing it's just you sound like me when I'm trying to explain something but it makes it sound bad so I try to fix it and just begin rambling. I think it's cute." I said walking closer to him, he smile and dropped my hand so he could grab my hips pulling me close.

"You think I'm cute?" He asked a smile tugging at his lips.

"Unless you'd rather me say sexy." I whispered biting my lip and placing my arms around his neck.

"I think I like sexy more." He grinned leaning towards me. We were just about to kiss when...

"Sorry hope I'm not interrupting." Someone said and I pulled away from Brooks immediately heat rising to my face.

"Dad, uh, no, you aren't interrupting." Brooks said awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. His dad just gave us a "yeah right" sort of look.

"I'm guessing this is your new girlfriend?" He asked his eyes landing on me.

"Yes sir, I'm Annamarie, but most people call me Annie." I said trying to be polite but my shy self was begging me to hide.

"It's nice to meet you Annie, although I didn't expect to meet like this." He said with a laugh, his entire demeanor changing to a lighter one. I smiled slightly and tried laughing along.

"Yeah neither did I, I'm sorry about that." I said looking down at my feet as my face flushed more.

"No worries, I know you make Brooks happy if he's going to stop in the hallway to kiss you like that." He said placing a hand on Brooks' shoulder, who was now smiling at me. I returned it, now feeling a bit better.

"Yeah, she does." Brooks agreed as he took my hand in his.

"Well, I'm glad. Now excuse me, I have run to the store. We'll have more time to talk later I hope." He said smiling at us.

"Yeah, were staying for dinner." Brooks said wrapping an arm around me.

"Great, we'll talk then. Nice meeting you Annie." He said walking down the hall.

"Nice meeting you too!" I called at his retreating form before turning to Brooks. "Well that was an embarrassing first meeting." I said with a laugh.

"You sure made an unforgettable first impression though." He said with a grin as he grabbed my hips again and pulled me into him. "Now I think we were about to kiss if I remember right."

"Yeah you do, but you'll have to wait till later because I don't want anyone else to interrupt and make things embarrassing." I said reluctantly pulling away from him, since I liked being close to him.

"Fine I guess I'll wait till we get home." He said pouting.

"You poor thing." I said giggling, causing him to stick his tongue out at me and laugh too before taking my hand in his as we began to walk around the house.

The rest of the day went well; I got to meet Brooks' brothers, and I talked more with his parents. At first I was still very shy, but eventually the shy slipped away as I came to know everybody and laughed along with them at jokes and old stories. The meal his mother made was delicious, so I made a wild guess on where Brooks got his cooking talents and I enjoyed every minute I spent with the Betts family. Maybe one day I'll be able to say I'm a Betts too, I'd be happy to marry Brooks.

By the time we got back to Brooks' house we were both extremely tired, but that didn't stop Brooks from pushing me against the wall with his lips against mine, the moment the door was locked. I didn't mind it though, I loved him and besides it wasn't like he shoved me, he was gentle with me, he loved me too much to hurt me. We eventually we found our way back to the bedroom; Brooks slipped off his shirt as usual and we climbed into bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I just realized I messed up on the last few chapters I posted. This one is now fixed. Anyways brought Brooks' parents into it. Tell me what ya think. :)