If We Stand for Nothing, We Fall for Anything

Move on

"what?" I asked completely shocked. How could it mean anything to him? I was so confused. i had gone from a girl with absolutely zero boys being interested in her to having two boys and best friends wanting her.
"Jess it's just you're so amazing and there are no girls around here that are like you. Its hard not to want you." Alex said sheepishly.
"what about Tay? We're so similar and she's in a band too. I thought you liked her?" I explained trying to convince him he didn't want me.
"I do like Tay. A lot actually, but before that went anywhere i wanted to see if my feelings for you were right and i after that kiss i know they were." He looked down.
"Alex i love you, but like a friend and i'm dating Jack, your best friend i might add and as a friend i am telling you that this isn't going to work out. You should go after Tay, she really likes you i can tell." I smiled trying to make this a little less awkward.
He sighed. " I guess you're right. But what are we going to tell Jack?" he asked concerned as if it had finally hit him what had happened.
"I say we just pretend it never happened. Look you got you're feelings out of the way and this," i said pointing my finger between us, " Isn't going to develop into anything. So i don't see a point in telling Jack and starting a fight." I explained. Alex slowly nodded.
"Yeah you're right."
"Of course i'm right. Now lets go down stairs and be friends again. And call up Tay to get her over here. " I smiled punching him in the arm.

"Where did you too go?" Cassadee asked as we made our way back into the TV room.
"Just talking." I smiled innocently. I saw Rian give us a look out of the corner of his eye.
"Where the fuck is the beer?" Jack asked jokingly. Jumping onto Jacks lap i announced
"So i invited Tay to come over and watch the game with all of us okay?"
"Sure! Tay is awesome." Chimed in Zack.
The game had ended and the Ravens won. Naturally all the boys were celebrating by taking shots.
"where is Alex and Tay?" I asked realizing i had seen them in a while.
"I think they went upstairs." Jack pointed stumbling over his words.
Sneaking out of the room and up the stairs, i wanted to check if Alex had really moved on. Checking all the rooms i finally got to Jack's where the door was closed. Slowly and quietly i opened the door to peak in and immediately shut it. Oh ALex had definitely moved on. Like really moved on. Running to the bathroom to wash my eyes from the scene i had just seen. Jack drunk as anything fell into the bathroom.
"JESS! OH MY GOD JESS! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!." He screamed coming over to hug me.
"Jack i think you have had a few to many drinks." I laughed.
"Jess do you love me?" Jack asked cowardly.
"Of course I love you baby." I smiled. "Lets go have some drinks!" I cheered.
I needed to get drunk. After the day i had, i just wanted to forget everything.
"Who wants to take shots?" I asked holding up a bottle of Jack Daniel's.