I Swear I've Seen Your Face Before.

Chapter Two; Alex's new friend.

I was up, showered, dressed and downstairs having my breakfast at half past eight. I still had an hour to wait until I could finally see whoever it was that was supposed to be coming. My mom wouldn't tall me who it was, she just kept saying "Just wait, it's not long now. You really do learn to be patient, Alexander." It was frustrating to say the least.

Once I'd finished my breakfast, I decided to switch the TV on. I flicked through the films before settling on Home Alone because it was pretty much the only decent film on at nine in the morning. It's not a bad film, it's just not my favourite. I'm a real nerd most of the time, so I think I would say that Harry Potter would be my favourite, closely followed by Peter Pan. Yes, I did just say Peter Pan. Don't judge me!

Suddenly, a loud knock sounded from the door. I jumped a little before realising that it was half past nine already. I quickly jumped to my feet and rushed to the door. My mom was still in the kitchen, and she had no intention of moving. I reached the front door and placed my hand on the door handle. I took a deep breath, wondering who it was on the opposite side of the door. Slowly opening it, I saw a really tall dorky looking guy stood there with black hair with a blonde bit in it, a bit like a raven, and an oldish woman - about late thirties, early fourties I would say. The guy was wearing a blink-182 tee, and he looked around my age. I instantly liked him due to the fact that he obviously liked Blink-182. I mean c'mon! They're like my favourite band, so he's instantly awesome.

"Uhh, hi. Would you like to come in, or something? My, uh, mom is, um, in the kitchen."
"We'd love to come in. I'm Joyce Barakat and this is my son, Jack. I'm sure you two will get along just fine. I'll let you two talk on your own to get to know eachother. It would be nice for you to have a friend on your first day at a new school." She flashed me a smile. Jack just stood there looking really awkward, just mirroring me I guess, because I sure as hell felt awkward.

"Oh, uh, hello Jack, Joyce. I'm Alex Gaskarth." I said, nodding at them both as I said each of their names.

I stepped aside and allowed them to walk around me so I could shut the door behind them. I pointed Joyce into the kitchen where my mom was, whilst me and Jack walked around the corner to get to the living room. We was both silent, until suddenly a burst of excited squeals came from Jack. I looked at him and then looked to where he was pointing. He was pointing in the direction the the TV and that was when I realised that Home Alone was still on. I made a good guess that he loved this film.

"HEY! Home Alone is on!! This is my favourite movie ever! Dude, you have no idea how much I love you right now!" He exclaimed to me. He ran over to me, hugging me tightly before letting go and jumping onthe couch where I was previously sitting about ten minutes ago.

"Uh, okay... I bet I can guess that you know the movie word for word, yes?"
"Oh yeah! You fucking bet I do!!"
"JACK BASSAM BARAKAT, NO SWEARING! YOU'RE IN SOMEONE ELSES HOUSE, HAVE A BIT OF RESPECT." I heard his mom yell from the kitchen.
"Sorry mom." He replied, turning a colour of pure beetroot.

He didn't really talk much after that. Well by not talking, I mean that he didn't make another conversation. It doesn't include the fact that he was sat there reciting the movie word for word. He said he knew it word for word, and, well, I guess he definitely wasn't joking. He seemed a cool guy and I'm pretty sure we will get along just fine. I mean, he told me that he loved Blink-182, Foo Fighters, Greenday, and New Found Glory. I think it was safe to say that we instantly bonded.

For the first time, ever, I think my mom did a jolly good job at picking someone for me to talk to. I would definitely have wanted to talk to him! He's a pretty decent kid.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter already :3 I'm going to be writing a few more chapter tomorrow at college since I have 3 hours and 50 minutes of doing fuck all. :')

Seriously, I have Sociology for 1 + a half hours, a free period, dinner, free period and then psychology. It's a bit crappy really. BUT! More time to write chapters for you guys? :3

I hope you enjoy this chapter! I'm guessing at least one person enjoyed the last chapter because I have one subscriber :P

Btw, you guys should check out my other stories... There are two that are finished, and two (or three if your including this one) that are unfinished. I'm going to leave this note here because I'm a pretty much dropping to sleep and I'm just rambling because I'm tired.

enjoy, Read, Rec, Sub, Comment? Woooo.

Lauren!! :) xx