The Big Day

Placing his suitcase into the trunk of the car, he turned to me and let out a small smile. Coming over to him, he pulled me close and hugged me tightly.

"It's only for a little while," he whispered into my ear, "I'll be back for you know it."

Embracing him even tighter I said, " I know."

"And then," he said pulling away and looking me in the face, "when I get back, you and I will share our vows and forever be bounded to one another."

Smiling at each other, we both leaned in and shared our last kiss.. Pulling away from each other, we hugged for a minutes and then kissed me on my forehead.

Staring at me smiling he said, "I love you."

Smiling back at him I said, "I love you too."

Release me, he walked to the passenger side of the car and opened the door. Before getting into the car, he turned towards me. Staring into his gorgeous green eyes, I tried to let out a smile. Smiling back at me, he then got into the car and they drove away.

Watching as my love drive away from me, a single tear fell from eye and slid down my cheek. Eventhough I knew that I would be seeing him again in a few months, I felt when he came back things would be diffferent. All I could hope and pray for until he got back was his save return home form war.