Sequel: Butterfly Kisses

Fuel to the Fire

Goodbyes

"We're having a dinner tonight. You and Amy are invited." I nodded at Matt.

The boys came over for the day, besides Josh and Dan since they slept over.

"Where are we eating?" I asked.

"I requested KFC." Matt held up his hand.

Everyone laughed and we decided on a small restaurant downtown. Matt was a little disappointed.

»

I slipped on a cute dark blue dress and left my hair alone but put on some mascara. I grabbed my jacket and a small purse. I slipped on shoes and walked downstairs.

"Beautiful." Dan smiled.

I kissed his cheek when I reached him and we waited for Amy and Josh, mostly Josh because he was always late. The rest of the boys were already at the restaurant and I just wanted to get there.

We walked out to Dan's car and followed Josh's downtown.

We arrived at the restaurant and walked in. I sat down between Amy and Dan, Amy next to Josh and the other boys across from us.

"So why are we having dinner?" Amy asked, leaning her elbow on the table.

"Well..we have some exciting news." Max smiled. I gave him a weird look and looked at Dan, who had a smile on his face.

I turned back to Max. "We're, um, going on tour soon."

"Really! Oh my god, that's amazing!" I smiled and squeezed Dan's hand on my thigh.

"How long is tour?" Amy said.

"I think about four weeks. Not that long." Chris shrugged, sipping his drink.

I bit my cheek, knowing that I would have to talk to Dan about this. I sipped my drink and the waiter came over, smiling at me and taking our orders. He smiled at me again when he took my menu and left the table.

I stared down at Dan's hand while the rest of the guys talked, Amy included.

"Are you alright, love?" Dan whispered into my ear.

I looked up at him and nodded. "Fine," I gave him a weak smile. He squeezed my hand and a few minutes later the waiter came with our food, smiling once again at my face.

I ate my food in silence, playing with it on my plate. Max looked at me through dinner but I just gave him fake smiles. We all finished our food and the waiter left the cheque on the table. The boys all pitched in their money, ignoring Amy's declines.

"I'll bring it up." I said. I grabbed the money and the cheque before I got out of my chair and walked up to the register. I almost rolled my eyes at the waiter who wouldn't stop smiling at me.

"Have a good super?" He asked.

I nodded. "My name's Eric."

I nodded again, he wasn't getting anything out of me.

"Do you talk at all?" He laughed.

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, I do but I'm not interested." I grabbed the money out of his hands and turned on my heel, going back to the table. Everyone got up, Dan helping me put on my jacket. We walked out and Amy and I said bye to Chris, Matt and Max.

"I'll call you later." Max said to me. I nodded.

Dan and I walked off with Josh and Amy, but they went to Josh's car.

"What's the matter, love?" Dan turned to me when we reached in front of my house.

"Nothing," I looked out the window into the dark night. I didn't want to talk about this with him at all.

"Is it the tour?"

I bit my lip, not saying anything.

He sighed and took my hand into his. "It's only for a few weeks."

I didn't say anything again, I just let him continue. "Why don't you come?"

I turned toward him, "I have work, Dan. I can't just get up and leave for a few weeks."

"Can't you take a holiday?"

I shook my head. "Just go on tour and have fun."

"But I want to have fun with you."

"We'll still talk. We'll call each other and text. Maybe even video chat."

He nodded. "Are you staying over?"

He shook his head, "Packing."

I turned toward the door and opened it. "Sleep tight, love. I'll talk to you later."

I nodded and shut the door behind me, walking up to my door and stepped into the warm house.

»

Max called me later that night, asking if I was okay about the whole tour thing. I told him that I was fine, I wasn't even offical with Dan. I shouldn't care so much about him being away from me for a few weeks. I would be fine, he would be fine. It's not like we were saying goodbye to each other.

I worked for the past two days and the boys were leaving today. They all met at Amy and I's house, since they had to say bye to us.

I hugged Chris and Matt tight before Max came up to me.

"We'll text, you'll be fine. The weeks will fly by, I promise." He wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I nodded against him.

"I hope." I sighed.

He pulled away before he smiled and kissed my forehead. "I'll see you soon, Ali."

"See you soon, Max."

Josh walked up next, saving Amy for last. "Have a good tour, Josh. Sing your heart out." I laughed.

He smiled, hugging me. "We'll see you soon, mate." I nodded.

"Be nice to Amy." I hit his arm lightly.

"I will." He backed up, walking over to Amy and kissed her on the lips. I smiled at the cute couple and felt someone grab my hand. I turned toward Dan and he took my other hand, tangling our fingers together.

I looked down at my feet, "I guess this is goodbye, then."

I looked up at him and he shook his head. "No goodbyes. They make me worry."

I smiled weakly at him, leaning forward and placing my forehead to his. "I'm going to miss you more than I can say."

He smiled down at me. "I'll miss you more, Allison."

I felt tears coming and my eyes watered over. "No, no, no. No tears." He lifted his hand up onto my cheek, wiping the pad of his thumb over it.

"Sorry," I scoffed, wiping my other cheek.

"It's only a few weeks."

"Only a few weeks, my arse Daniel."

He laughed and leaned down again. "It'll be quick. I promise you."

I nodded. I balled a fist of his shirt in my hand when he leaned down and kissed me.

"God, I'm going to miss that." His thumb ran over my lips and I smiled.

I sniffed and stood up straighter. "Hit the hell out of those drums."

He smiled and kissed me one more time before he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and squeezed me tightly.

"I'll call you later, love."

I nodded and waved to him.

Amy came over and hugged me tight. "They'll be back before you know it."

More tears came out of my eyes, "Yeah, I've been hearing that a lot." I walked away and into the house, up to my room and fell on my bed. I let more tears out and fell asleep an hour later.

This better go by fucking fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
:*