Time to Dance

Free

"Dad?" I said slowly opening the door of the room Erelin and Brendon had taken him to heal.

"Hey, sweetheart. I'm ok." Dad said hugging me tight after I ran to him. I pulled away and turned to look at my brother, Will. He was standing at the door with Nate and Erelin behind him.

"It's ok, son." Dad said motioning Will over to him. I stepped away as Will gave me an uneasy look.

"Will, I want you to know that I am proud of you. I know it had to have been scary and rough for you. I want both of you to know that I love you and I will be here for you. I am not running away from our problems, " He smiled lifting my chin up, " And Will we have alot of training to catch up on."

"So wait, you know? How?" Will asked.

"Don't you sense me? Vampires sense other vampires." Dad laughed. "Plus your mom told me." Dad replied.

"Mom? Is she?" I asked.

"Your mom is still in a coma and fine. It isn't time for her to wake yet. She helped me understand some things." Dad smiled. I hadn't seen him so cheerful in a long time.

"Pete, what about my son and Dean? Do they get to graduate?" Erelin asked.

"Crap, class night is tomorrow!" I said.

"Nate, you will get to graduate. Dimitri didn't get to stop us from fixing your information." Dad smiled.

"Acutally, I would like to talk to Nate alone if I could." Dad said as Erelin left to tell Dean and his parents the good news, well some good news. We still weren't sure about the whereabouts of Josh yet.

"Dad, are you sure? I mean you got stabbed and all. I thought I lost you but...shouldn't you need more rest?" I asked.

"Nonsense. Look." Dad replied lifting up his clean shirt of Brendon's that he must have put on.

"No scar." I said.

"I am a fast healer as you are." Dad replied.

I hugged my father tightly before I let Nate have a few words with him. "Alex, I trust you. I am no longer keeping you here. You belong out in the city. How is a slayer to protect people from the evil if she is couped up here all the time."

"Oh, dad!" I said as he held me tighter. I smiled. As I walked by Nate, I brushed his hand. Our fingers lingered together until I was no longer by him. I closed the door happy that I am now a free girl but worried about what my dad could possibly say to Nate now.