Time to Dance

I'll Be Your Best Kept Secret

(Lyra's POV)

"Dad!" I screamed as my father flipped on my lightswitch and Josh flew off my bed.

"Josh?" My mother asked as my father held a baseball bat in his hands.

"What the hell are you doing here kid this time of morning? How did you.." My father replied still in shock at seeing Josh in my bedroom this early in the morning. I admit I looked like I was in a compromising position. Then the chaos began. Dad took one look at my face and saw the blood trickling down on my neck, and the cut on my right hand from where I broke the lamp. His eyes turned to rage as he looked dead up at Josh ready for the kill.

"You!" My dad said lunging towards Josh dropping his bat.

"Chrissy take Lyra and get the rest of the kids out of here. I can handle this vampire!" Dad yelled as he wrestled Josh onto the floor. I could tell that Josh didn't want to hurt my dad but he didn't want to be killed either.

My mother tried to pull me off the bed but I pulled away from her instead, trying to break my father and Josh apart. There was a break inbetween them as they had both struggled up off the floor and started slamming each other into my dresser and wall. Josh had knocked my dad onto a chair I kept in my room that was wooden. Big mistake as I saw my dad grab a piece of the broken wood.

"Daddy, no!" I said lunging in front of him and Josh as my dad was about to stake him.

"Lyra, get out of the way!" Dad screamed at me. Even though I was in the middle dad still had a hold of Josh with one hand and his makeshift stake in the other hand.

"No dad! You don't understand!" I screamed.

"What's going on?" Sean wandered in behind my mother.

"Sean, don't!" Mom said holding him back as I knew he was ready to join in the fight too.

"Mom, why are Josh and Daddy fighting?" Casey asked as apparently he had been woken up too. His twin, Allison was next to follow behind him.

"Lyra come over here, baby." Mom said standing in the doorway.

"No, will you all just listen to me!" I yelled getting pissed.

"I didn't mean to bite your daughter." Josh finally spoke up.

"Your not helping!" I said at him.

"Lyra, he is a vampire. Don't let him control you like Dimitri." My father said.

"He isn't controlling me dad. Josh doesn't want to hurt me or anyone." I said trying to explain.

"Is that why there are two puncture wounds on your neck! I'm going to kill him!" Dad yelled trying to push me away but I stood my ground guarding Josh.

"Lyra, move away. It's ok." Josh said.

"What? No." I shook my head.

"You didn't do anything wrong. This was Dimitri's fault. Dimitri turned Josh against his will Dad. He came here for help." I tried to get out.

"Nonsense." My dad said finally pushing me out of the way. I managed to roll over quick and grab his left leg pulling him some. Josh didn't move.

"Look into his eyes Dad! Remember Uncle Pete and the stories? Josh isn't one of them. Please don't kill him!" I screamed as tears started to flow and Dad brought the stake down.

I opened my eyes to see the stake stuck in the carpet beside Josh. I think Josh was just as much in shock as I was. I managed to crawl over by Josh.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"I...I think so?" He replied looking at my father who was still upset.

"You got alot of explaining to do Trohman especially about that!" My father replied as he pointed to my neck which now had dried blood from the scabs that formed.

The house phone rang. My mom picked up my phone on my nightstand. "Hello?" She replied. "I see." She said hanging up afterwards.

"It's Patrick. He says they are having an emergency meeting and to get over at Erelin's." Mom said.

"Cool can we come?" The twins asked.

"No. You can stay with me. I think Lyra and Sean should help your father with Josh as it is daylight now." She said shooing them out of my room.

"About your daughter, sir, I am sorry for biting her. I didn't want to but she made me. I..." Josh tried to say but I cut him off.

"Josh came here for help. I let him in. He was dying dad. A newborn vampire needs blood. Josh collapsed and I made him drink from me. I didn't have time to come get you so that you could get blood from Pete's. I'm sorry but I couldn't let him die and I know what it looked like..." I trailed.

"What it looked like? You nearly gave me a freakin heart attack!" My dad yelled.

"I know. I'm sorry." Josh and I both replied as we looked at each other.

"Sean go get some black clothing and dark blankets. I am sure your parents are worried about you and that is why there is a meeting. I just hope that they can brace themselves." My dad said extending his hand to help Josh up off the floor.

"I need to hear everything that you remember so I can vouch for you when I bring you over there." Dad said about to leave the room. "Oh and one more thing, If I ever see you bite my daughter again or even look at her funny, I will kill you." Dad said leaving Josh and I alone in my room for a minute.

I just grabbed Josh and hugged him tight. "It's all going to be ok now, right?" I asked.

"I don't know. Obviously there is a reason I am what I am but I do know, Dimitri will never hurt you are I again." Josh said as he kissed me deeply before leaving my room so I could change.