Time to Dance

I Keep Running

(Dean's POV)

I took off running almost wanting to turn into wolf form but I knew that if I didn't show up to school today everything that Will and my brother had tried to do last night would have been for nothing. I had to show up for school. I just needed to be alone for a bit without everyone hassling me. I needed to get my feelings together.

The truth is I am so pissed off at myself for becoming what I am and even though I am trying to work through the process of not killing Nate, Will, and Pete, its hard to see my brother the way he is. I don't want to hurt him. I just have to keep telling myself that it is my brother. He is not a monster.

I could feel Alex trying to catch up to me but I think I ditched her for the time being. Alex would find me eventually though. She is a slayer and slayers are good at tracking, not to mention we are linked which now all of a sudden sucks.

I stopped running long enough to notice where I was. I had ran several miles away from Nate's house. I recognized this neighborhood. Nonnie, Josh's girlfriend, I think lived around here. Yeah, because the limo picked her up. Hmm. Small world.

Speaking of Nonnie, I looked down the street to see her standing by her car . I took off running towards her. Maybe she could give me a ride to school.

"Nonnie!" I yelled as I ran to her. I watched as she looked up, her face in horror. Then, Nonnie immediately hopped in her car. She was trying to start it but it wouldn't start as I approached her.

"Get away from me!" She screamed. "I will scream bloody murder you freak!" She said through the window of the driver's side.

"What? Nonnie, its me, Josh's brother. You know, Dean? I'm not going to hurt you." I said confused. I thought that Josh had explained things to Nonnie when she had started figuring things out from prom night.

"You and you brother can just...." She didn't get to finish.

"My brother?" I asked shocked. "Why are you acting this way." I said placing my hands on the hood of her car.

"I said I would scream." Nonnie replied still frightened of me.

"Seriously Nonnie cut the crap. Why are you so freaked out?" I asked.

"You want to know why I am freaked? Your vampire brother paid me a visit last night and nearly tried to kill me! You both are psychos." Nonnie explained.

"Wow. And here I thought you understood what things go bump in the night. I'm a good guy remember? My brother is too. He just needed help. Some bad things went down last night but I guess you wouldn't understand. Maybe you aren't the same Nonnie who told my brother how brave he was and how he saved your life at prom. Have fun with starting your car!" I yelled walking away from her. That's it I am done with her.

"Wait! Dean, I'm sorry. I shouldn't take my frustrations out on you from what your brother did. You were right. I don't know what went down last night and after knowing Nate is a good vampire, and then seeing Josh, you would think...." Nonnie said getting out of her car. I just stopped in my tracks with my back to her.

"Dean, please? Please talk to me." She begged. I turned around to see her pleading eyes. Sigh. I was sucked back in. Something about her eyes.

"So you want to tell me what happened to Josh?" Nonnie asked.

"How about Dean, will you please fix my car?" I replied as she suddenly smiled and nodded her head.

I opened up the hood and took a look at her car. The problem was something simple and fixed it rather quickly. I placed the hood back down.

"So need a ride?" Nonnie asked.

"I thought you would never ask." I said hopping into her car.

"Listen, I'm sorry about what I said earlier." As she drove to school.

"It's cool." I said.

"So what happened?" She asked concerned.

I filled her in on what I knew explaining about how Josh and Will were going to help me and Nate graduate and then how they got turned. Nonnie explained about Nate appearing at her window and refusing to let him in. I think she was trying to process that Nate was a good guy still.

"Why are you running?" Nonnie asked taking me by surprise.

"What?" I asked shocked.

"Well, you wouldn't be in my neighborhood unless Josh was with you and he wasn't so..." Nonnie replied.

"So what?" I asked looking out the window.

"You obviously run fast as a wolf uh...well you know. Are you running from your brother?" She asked. All these questions were making my head spin for once.

"Why are you asking me all these questions?" I asked.

"Because I care. Josh and I were dating and you are his brother. This has to be hard on you knowing that he has become a vampire." Nonnie replied with such warmth and concern in her voice.

"What are you, my therapist now?" I asked laughing.

"I can if you want me to be." She replied.

"The truth is as a werewolf its like in us to kill vampires. Being around three is pushing my limits but now with Josh I have the urge to kill him. Its alot to process and sink in and I keep telling myself that he's my brother." I sighed.

"I think family comes first to you. You won't hurt Josh." Nonnie smiled touching my left arm. I just nodded back her memorizing that infectious smile of hers. Wait, what am I doing? Nonnie is Josh's girl. But then why was he at Lyra's last night too?

"We're here!" Nonnie exclaimed. "It's class day! One more day until freedom. Come on, Dean, today is the last day to add your last memories of school." Nonnie said taking me out of my thoughts.

"I know you are ready to have some fun at boring Class Day!" She laughed.