Time to Dance

Frenemy At My Door

"I'll get it." Brendon offered.

"Can I help you?" I heard Nate's dad say.

"I'm looking for Dean. I kinda thought he would be here since he is friends with your son." A familiar voice replied.

"Nonnie?" I said coming out of the kitchen.

"Your not welcome here." I heard Lyra reply pushing past everyone and slamming the door on Nonnie.

"Lyra!" I heard Josh reply.

My mouth just dropped open. I know Lyra did not just do that. I think most of us were just as shocked.

"What? I bit my tongue earlier at school but this is ridiculous her showing up here. I will not stand by and let her try to act all nice after what she almost did to you." Lyra remarked.

"Maybe I want her here. Dean said pushing past. "Besides its dark out. We can't leave her outside." Dean said opening up the front door.

"I can." Lyra said under her breath.

"Sorry about that." Dean said inviting Nonnie inside.

"It's ok, really. I understand things are a little tense still." Nonnie half smiled at Dean.

"Mom, dad, everyone, this is Nonnie as you already know." Dean said reintroducing Nonnie like he had just brought her home from college or something to meet the family. I don't know why he bothered, I mean she used to date Josh.

I walked over to Dean about to say something but was interuppted. "How dare you show yourself here to our hangout. You aren't welcome." Lyra angrily replied.

"Lyra, stop." Josh said stepping forward.

"Actually I came here to see Dean but I was hoping you were here too, Josh." Nonnie said.

"I wouldn't come any closer." Lyra snapped.

"If she comes any closer, I think a catfight is going to ensue." I whispered to Nate.

"My money is on Lyra." Nate smiled.

"I think we should leave the adults out of this and let the kids handle this." Bev replied shooing everyone inside the kitchen area.

"That means you too kids." Patrick replied to all our siblings leaving everyone but me, Nate, Kayla, Dean, Lyra, Josh, and Nonnie in the living room.

"Josh, I want to apologize for how I acted and treated you. It wasn't right but with everything going on, I didn't know you were good. I just saw a vampire and the way you were acting..." Nonnie said before getting cut off.

"The way he was acting was because he was scared and confused and needed blood..." Lyra said before Josh hushed her with his hand over her mouth.

"It's ok. I am not mad at you. Heck, I wasn't myself and that is a scary situation to be in. I don't blame you." Josh said giving Lyra a behave look and walking over to Nonnie.

"I know but you could have died because of me." Nonnie looked down.

"It's all good. Listen there is something I need to tell you." Josh said.

"I need to tell you something too." Nonnie half smiled.

"You go first." Josh replied.

"Ok, well how to I put this. Josh you are a great guy but I have been thinking about this for awhile now. I don't think we are meant to be and not because you are now a vampire. I just feel that we should be friends. I like someone else actually." Nonnie smiled looking over at Dean.

"It's ok, I was about to tell you the same, wait you like my brother?" Josh replied as he saw the looks going on between Dean and Nonnie.

"Nonnie, its perfectly ok because Josh has me now to pick up the pieces. Its the way it should always have been." Lyra said proudly and coldly, placing her hand in Josh's to get back at Nonnie.

"How long has this been going on?" Josh turned toward Dean.

"Now brother dear." Dean replied backing up some.

"I guess there is nothing I can do about that. You really know how to pick them Nonnie. A werewolf? Please." Josh said rolling his eyes.

"Werewolf? Look at you baby brother. You are a vampire." Dean smirked.

"Ok, I think we all need to get our game plans on and get to slaying." I said trying to break up a possible fight.

"Alex is right." Josh said taking Lyra and heading into the kitchen but not before he playfully punched his brother letting him know that they were cool.

"Actually, I need to talk to Lyra alone." Nonnie said. I looked at Dean, then at Lyra.

"Why don't I take you home. You girls can talk later." Dean tried to make peace.

"I don't want to go home yet. I want to join the fight to help after what I have done. And I think Lyra and I need some girl talk time." Nonnie faked a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh. What do you think is going to happen next?