Time to Dance

Play Time Is Over

"I see that your daughter has chosen the crossbow, Pete." Andy smiled.

"Yeah, she takes up after her dad." My father grinned as everyone grabbed weapons out of the chest Patrick brought in.

"Peter Wentz!" Erelin said slapping my dad on the back of the head.

"What?" My dad replied rubbing his head.

"You know darn well the crossbow was her mother's choice." Erelin added as everyone laughed.

"Sorry dad." I said as I walked outside with Nate.

"Alexandra, you are ready for this. It's what you have been waiting for and training for." Nate said looking at me with his hands on my shoulders.

"I know." I said excited but secretly worrying about what might happen if I cross paths with Dimitri. Nate reached for my chin and leaned down to kiss me.

"Eww. Get a room." Kayla yelled from her dad's car. Nate gave his silly grin at me and we both shared a laugh as everyone started to pile into their cars. Chrissy, Bev, and Sam were going to stay behind with the younger bunch.

"Watch out for our sons." Bev remarked to Joe.

"I think they are um, stronger than me. They might need to watch out for me seeing as how they have all the superstrength." Joe replied as he kissed Bev.

"Don't worry dad, we'll protect you." Josh laughed.

"Andy, take it easy on Lyra. Let her learn to fight. I know she is stubborn and you feel that she is still your little girl but remember how I was at her age. I didn't listen then..." Chrissy replied.

"And you still don't listen now." Andy kissed Chrissy. "As much as it kills me to say this, I don't think we have anything to worry about." Andy replied as he got into a car.

"Please come home safe." Sam said as Patrick kissed her goodbye.

"You know it." He replied.

"I'm going to take you to some hotspots your mom and I used to fight at all the time. I am sure they are still hotspots." My dad said pulling out of Nate's driveway as everyone else soon followed.

After driving around L.A. traffic for 45 mins, dad finally found a run down looking place with a few shady looking buisnesses and some abandoned warehouses. It was creeping me out but I could handle it. Everyone got out of the cars and huddled together.

"Nate, you and Alex are on your own. We will search the area on the left. Everyone else will follow me. You guys check out the streets on the right and we will meet somewhere in the middle" Dad said. Nate nodded at my father. I was in shock.

"C'mon." Nate said as we had our weapons tucked away.

"So I take it you have been here before." I said trying to get some info out of Nate as I looked up at the bright moon. This must have been the perfect training ground for Nate to learn how to fight once he was turned.

"I have. There is alot you don't know. It wasn't easy for me when I was turned. I just refused to give you all the details. You only know what I let you." Nate replied as we started walking down an alleyway.

"Like what?" I asked.

"You should be using your slayer instinct." Nate said watching the streets.

"I am. What happened to you when you weren't invading my dreams and such? I want to know." I pressed.

"I got into a few scrapes. Your dad was here teaching me how to fight. I got hurt for the first time pretty bad but I healed fast. I am leaving it at that." Nate answered.

"Fine." I said.

"Look out!" Nate replied pushing me away from him as we were suddenly ambushed by five vampires.

"Five? That is the best you can do?" I said whipping out a stake from my back pocket. I had the crossbow wrapped around my shoulder and sat it down on the ground. This fight was a hand to hand combat.

Nate was taking on three vampires and I had two fighting me. I kicked one in the side and flipped over him to fight his friend. I got a little too into the fight however and had one vampire I was fighting get to me. He had managed to grab my arm, pin it and slam me into a car. It hurt of course.

"How do you like this?" I said raising my head back and headbutting the vampire. He let go and I broke free to stake his ass. The other vampire charged at me and I knocked him down and staked him. I then ran over to Nate to help him out as I saw he was down to two vampires now.

"You are bleeding." Nate said as our backs were against each other. I was starting to have an adrenaline rush.

"It will heal." I said referring to the gash above my right eye.

Nate and I both started attacking the two vampires that were left. After we finished and I had picked up my crossbow, we didn't get much celebration time as ten younger looking vampires came out of their hiding places. "Run!" Nate yelled at me.

"No. We need to fight." I yelled back.

"No. We are outnumbered. Go and I will catch up." Nate barked at me.

"But you can't seriously take them all on." I said as we started to fight a few.

"I can slow them down until you get to a safe spot. Now go!" Nate yelled again. This time I took off running into a few side streets.

"There are no safe spots." I said catching my breath and thinking about what Nate yelled at me. I turned around to see no Nate behind me. Then I felt the hairs start to rise on my arms. Something wasn't right here. I felt that feeling in the pit of my stomach again.

"Enough with the theatrics. Show yourself." I said pissed and moving my crossbow into my hands.

"My, my, I finally have you alone to myself and your boyfriend walked right into my trap." A familiar vampire voice spoke.