Time to Dance

All I Ever Wanted

(Nate's POV)

"Lucky for you, you don't need stitches." I replied as I tied up the bandage on Alex's right hand.

"Really, I don't know why you bothered. It will be healed up in an hour." Alex said as she tugged her hand away.

"So what is this place?" Alex asked looking around.

"It's a safehouse that our parents bought a long time ago in case...well anyway Dad gave me the keys. When I was turned, Dad told me of some places to go where we would be safe." I explained. "I know its not much but it should do for a bit. There is some food in the fridge if you're hungry."

"Our family?" Alex asked looking all doe eyed at me.

"I haven't heard anything but my cell is on. It wasn't damaged in our um, battle." I said looking at it sitting on the kitchen counter. I remembered I sat it there when I went to look at the fridge.

"Nate, I wasn't myself then." Alex replied. "I'm sorry for everything." Alex looked around the room again.

"Hey, not your fault." I said lifting her chin.

"It is. I can stop this but I don't know how. You got through to me but who is to say about next time?" Alex replied standing up from the bed. I walked over to start cleaning up the glass and broken tv off the floor.

"We'll figure something out baby." There was silence after I spoke for several minutes until after the last of the damage had been cleaned up. I was throwing everything in the trash can when I saw Alex pacing the floor.

"Thinking?" I said interupting her thoughts.

"I want to take a chance. I want to know what its like." Alex replied from across the floor.

"I don't understand. What do you want to know whats like?" I asked confused.

"I want to know what its like for two people who are really in love with each other." Alex replied as she backed me up against the wall. She placed her right hand on my hip and her left hand on my cheek as she leaned in to kiss me. Then she laughed a bit and tried to proceed to take my shirt off.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Alex are you feeling ok?" I said taking her hand and pushing it away.

"You don't want me?" Alex pouted.

"Yes, I mean no!" I said trying to keep my composure.

"Then what's the problem?" She breathed in my right ear.

"This isn't you talking. I do want you Alex more than you will ever know but I don't think now is the right time with your frame of mind and what has happened tonight." I said trying to back away.

"Oh, my frame of mind is in perfect condition. I was thinking while you cleaned up. I managed to block you for a second until you broke through with the thinking thing." Alex replied.

"So you thought about having sex in a time like this?" I asked. What am I doing? The love of my life has finally agreed, wait no, stupid Nate. Quit thinking like a typical male. We are in a time of crisis here.

"Well, yeah." She smiled. "I love you. You love me. I think I am ready now and if it takes danger to bring us closer together than so be it. I was thinking about my life and what is going on around us. What if I don't make it?" Alex was cut off.

"You will make it. Don't ever talk like that." I said angry.

"You didn't let me finish. All I am saying is what if I don't. I want to have this moment. I want something to remember that was good. Even if I bring down Dimitri, I still want to have this moment now. Yes its here in the middle of all the chaos going on around us but we may never have this chance again and beides, we are alone. It's just you and me couped up in this place. There is no family, or friends to bother us." She said running her fingers down my shirt.

I thought about it for a second. We were alone. It was a perfect time but I want to make sure it was really something she wanted and not a trick of some kind.

"Alexandra are you really sure you want to do this? This isn't a game or a trick?" I asked just to check.

"No games and no tricks. I really want to do this. All I ever wanted was you in my life. I'm ready. Please don't take this time away from me." She pleaded.

"Alright but you do realize that I am only seventeen and therefore jailbait." I grinned.

"Oh come on. You are only a few months younger than me!" She said hitting my arm.

"Hmm, someone likes it rough. Check." I said adding fuel to the fire.

"Nathaniel U..." I shushed her as I pushed her against the wall and kissed her deeply.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm. Will the bliss last?