Time to Dance

Graduation Night

The car ride to the school was very awkward. We were crammed into Brendon's suv. It consisted of Brendon, Erelin, me, a covered up Nate, Kayla, and a covered up Will because them two were inseperable.

"Since it might rain tonight, the graduation ceremony has been moved indoors to the large gym to accomodate all the parents. Which helps us out alot." Brendon replied breaking the silence. I wasn't one to speak after having Brendon nearly almost barge in on Nate and I earlier today.

"Are you ok?" Kayla replied. "You seem kind of distant. I mean you have this glow but..." She stopped as Nate reached up through the blankets to hit his sister's arm.

"Ow. Hey was that..." Kayla responded.

"I'm gonna kill him." Will replied figuring out why there was a glow and why Nate and I was quiet.

"Shh." I said giving my brother daggers, not that he could see anyway. "Not here, please." I said sighing.

"You know dad's gonna..." Will tried to whisper.

"So kids how about finally being free from high school?" Brendon asked hearing the tension going on.

"Fine." Kayla, me, and Nate replied.

"You know when I graduated..." Erelin stated. She began talking about what happened the night she graduated but I tuned her out. I just stared out the window. I think Nate sensed I was trying to keep my cool so he managed to find my hand using the blanket and grabbed mine.

I was happy for today. I was no longer going to have to deal with high school. I was eighteen and now an adult. The real world was calling but I felt I wasn't apart of it. While everyone else had made college plans, I had to stop with mine. I wasn't planning on dying but given the track record of most slayers from the past other than my family, it didn't look good. Slaying was my life now at least until Dimitri was gone.

I felt out of place. I didn't choose this life. I wanted to be back in the band practicing. I wanted to go to some sort of college and maybe make it big not because of how famous my dad or Nate and Kayla's dad are but because we worked hard. I wanted to do Warped Tour and other things. The band has since sort of taken a back seat from all the chaos. I wanted to go on normal dates. Something that can't be done as well considering my boyfriend can only come out at night.

There was also the nagging feeling that something just wasn't right. I was on guard for tonight. There was going to be alot of people around. Tonight was the perfect place for Dimitri to start something. I mean Erelin had a fiasco with Dracula invading her graduation.

"Relax. Now Breathe." Nate said in my head.

"You always know how I am feeling." I sighed.

"It's my job. Someone has to be the calm one for the both of us." Nate laughed. I half smiled knowing he couldn't see which then made me laugh louder as I saw how Nate looked with the blanket over his head.

"Well we're here. Erelin said. "Will, Nate, you know what to do to everyone." She added.

"Got it." Will replied. It was up to them as well as my dad to make everyone think that seeing them covered up was normal and that tonight was going to be normal.

I got out of the suv and helped Nate out. He had no clue where to go because he couldn't see. It was quite comical.

We had arrived a few minutes early so we decided to head inside the gym before it was time for us to check in and line up outside. "Thank goodness I can take this off for a minute and breathe." Nate replied.

"You don't breathe." I laughed.

"Ha ha. You know what I mean. How's the hair?" Nate asked as Kayla laughed with me. "What?"

"It's not like you aren't going to have to wear that outside dork." Kayla said as she helped Will take off his blanket.

"Alexandra!" I heard my name being called.

"Dad!" I said turning around and running into his arms.

"I'm glad you are safe." He said in my ear. "And your mother would be proud of you." Dad said looking at the dress I was wearing.

"I know. I am finally in a dress in how long?" I laughed.

"Not only that but I mean she would be so proud of you right now seeing you graduate." He smiled. "Everyone is here." Dad motioned for us to follow him to the bleachers.

On the floor of the gym were all the seats we would be sitting in. I would be sitting next to Nate on my right with Kayla beside him and on my left, Nonnie. Dean was with the T's and Lyra with the H's. At least I had the better deal.

Everyone was talking and laughing with each other trying not to think about vampires. We all just wanted this day to go on as normal. At least my seat was in the back where I could see where all the doors to the gym were located if anything did try to happen.

"Mom says that she wishes she could be here." Lizzie said.

"Oh so you have had talks with mom now, huh? And just when were you planning on telling me this?" I asked.

"Hey this power just started." She smiled. "My dream was pretty cool until the end."

"The end?" I asked.

"Alex just don't let your guard down. I have a feeling something big is going to happen soon." Lizzie replied.

"If we could have all the students gather outside..." The principal got on the intercom system.

"Man, this sucks." Nate said getting the blanket ready to put back over his head.

"What a loser." Dean chimed in just kidding.

"Very funny Dean. You know I can take you." Nate challenged.

"Come on boys." Kayla said dragging her brother and Dean away. I just followed behind looking back at my sister. What did she see that I haven't seen?