Time to Dance

Dead On Arrival

"Well look who it is." Dimitri laughed.

"Let my sister and Nate go. It's me you want and I am right here." I said. Frankly, I was pissed off. I am sick of all Dimitri's mind games and tricks. It is time to end this.

"Will, you get Lizzie out of here once we get her safe and don't stop; you just keep running you hear?" I said to him.

"But..." Will tried to finish.

"No butts. Do it. I can take care of myself. No matter what happens, get her out of here." I said. Will just nodded his head.

I charged through some of Dimitri's men, staking them to help Will and I get a path going towards where four men were holding Lizzie. I turned to look over my shoulder to see Nate trying to get up and fight off his captors with Dimitri standing back, laughing as if he was enjoying seeing me choose who to save first. It killed me not to go after Nate but Lizzie was my sister. If something happened to her, I would never forgive myself nor would my family. It was my job to keep them safe with mom out of comission.

I made my way finally to Lizzie and with Will's help killed the last of the vampires holding her captive. "Lizzie, Will is going to get you out of here. I want you to run. I will cover you guys. No matter what happens just keep running." I said to her.

"What? No, you can't fight him by yourself." Lizzie replied.

"Do it. As your older sister, I am in charge. Besides I have to try to save Nate." I said as I pushed Lizzie behind me as more vampires charged after us. I killed three more vampires and then nodded my head.

"Go!" I said watching Will and Lizzie make a run for it. I covered them the best I could before finding my way over to Nate.

"You shouldn't have come." Nate angrily replied.

"Save it. I am not leaving here without you. I love you." I said back to Nate. I could feel Nate's injuries. He wasn't healing as fast as he should have. It reminded me of the other night when his shirt was off. I needed to get him out of here. Nate needed blood and soon. I also knew that he couldn't keep fighting. Nate was stumbling around as it was trying to kill vampires and make our way to the only exit out of here.

"Not so fast." Dimitri said coming behind Nate as I staked a vampire.

"Nate, look out!" I screamed but it was too late. It was just like a nightmare I had before. I watched as Dimitri had somehow found a sword and came up from behind Nate. Nate turned around and Dimitri plunged the sword into his stomach and then pulled it out with a smile on his face. Nate fell to the ground. I wanted to die.