Time to Dance

A Wolf No More

(Dean's POV)

I awoke to the sounds of my parents arguing with each other only I kept my eyes closed as I didn't want anyone to know I was awake. My whole body hurt and I didn't really want to move at all. My parents were arguing over me, and Josh and how we live such dangerous lives. It wasn't anyone's faults really. They said something about a hospital and I assumed I was lying in a hospital bed.

"Mom...dad?" I said finally opening my eyes. I was tired of the nonsense fighting.

"Son!" I heard my father say.

"What happened? Where's Nonnie?" I asked trying to sit up but laid back down from the pain.

"Hey, take it easy there. You have been through alot. Nonnie is fine. Do you remember anything?" My dad asked.

"There was a fight. Jake was there. He had Nonnie and was going to kill her but I saved her. Why does my whole body hurt?" I asked confused.

"Dean, you killed Jake. You don't remember?" My mom asked me kissing my forehead.

"It's a little fuzzy on some details." I said sighing.

"Well, your body went back to normal after you killed Jake. You are no longer a werewolf. The only downside is the healing. Alex said you were so badly hurt. The doctors were amazed that your body healed your broken bones quickly though so that must have been a lingering effect." Dad replied.

"Well, if my bones fully healed than why do my ribs feel as if someone has kicked them?" I said trying to sit up easily.

"Dean!" Nonnie screamed as my mom let her into my room. She came in running full force almost tackling me.

"Ow! Nonnie, can't breathe." I said as she let go of me. I grabbed my ribs.

"Sorry!" She said. "It's ok." I said trying to catch my breath and holding my right hand at her.

"Mom, dad, can I have a few minutes alone with Nonnie?" I asked.

"Sure. We need to speak to your brother anyway." Mom kidded me and then grinned seeing Nonnie and I together.

"Stop it, mom." I said embarassed.

"I thought you were dead for a minute. I am so glad to see you alive. I'm sorry I got you in this mess." Nonnie began as she climbed up on the side of my bed.

"You thought that I am in here because of you?" I asked shocked. "Don't ever think that for a second." I said taking her hand. "I needed to stop Jake whether it was last night, tonight, or tomorrow. It was going to happen eventually and not one slayer could have stopped him. Only I could and knew his weaknesses. Besides, he was working for Dimitri now and he had you." I explained. "I couldn't let him hurt you." I replied as Nonnie touched my bandaged face.

"So how is everyone? What did I miss in the gym?" I asked.

"Dean, it's not good. Alexandra is fighting for her life." Nonnie replied.

"What?!" I yelled making her jump. "Where is she?" I said trying to get out of bed. I didn't care if I was hooked up to monitors and such.

"Dean, you can't leave." She said trying to stop me.

"I have to see her. I have to see Alex." I replied trying to stand but not doing so good as I think I pulled some stitches I had.

"Aren't you worried about me?" Nonnie asked with tears starting to form in her eyes.

"Of course I am worried about you." I said nearly falling over as Nonnie held me up making me sit back in the bed.

"You don't act concerned. You act like Alex is more important to you than how I am feeling right now." Nonnie scolded.

"Is this what this is about? You think I am still hung up on Alex?" I tried to sit back in bed. "Nonnie, I love you. I am worried about you but you aren't dying." I said realizing I really shouldn't have said that.

"Oh, so I have to be lying in a bed dying before you would be concerned about me in the slightest?" Nonnie hurtfully replied.

"Babe, wait, that's not true." I said grabbing her arm as she was about to turn and leave. "I didn't mean it like that."

"I just watched you almost die. Do you know I was literally shaking? I was going out of my mind worrying and that I couldn't get the images of you out of my head laying in the woods like that? You saved my life and yeah, I may look fine but I was shaken up on the inside. I close my eyes and the images won't go away. That's not fine!" She screamed.

"I'm here. I'm alive." I said patting the bed. "Please, stay." I begged.

"You almost left me." She said getting back on the bed. I made room for her to lay beside me.

"Shh. I know." I said kissing her forehead as she placed her head on my chest and wrapped her arm around me. It made my wounds hurt but it was pain I was willing to endure. "I'm here now and I am not going anywhere." I said holding Nonnie.

"I think the question now though is will you still love me now that I am not a wolf anymore?" I asked making a joke of the situation.

"Stop it!" She playfully smacked me.

"Ow!" I replied.

"Oh, sorry." She said.

"You know that was the only reason you feel in love with me was because of my wolf qualities." I teased.

"If that was all you had going for you, than I guess its over." She smiled leaning up to kiss me.

"I might not be a werewolf anymore but I will still die trying to protect you Nonnie. That's how much I love you." I said kissing Nonnie.