Time to Dance

Love, Marriage, And A Heart Lost

"Good morning sleepyhead." Nate said as I had just woke up to find us tangled together between the sheets in a bed.

"Mmm." I responded happily as I tried to keep my eyes open and my arm wrapped around him.

"Today is going to be a busy day with the wedding and all." Nate responded.

"Wedding?" I asked sitting up in bed.

"Yeah, did you forget?" Nate asked pulling his shirt on over his head as he sat up.

"Isn't it bad luck for the groom to see the bride on her wedding day?" I asked confused. I certainly didn't remember a proposal.

"Nonsense." Nate replied once he got out of bed. He walked over to the blinds on a window in the bedroom we were in.

"Nate, no!" I yelled as he pulled the blinds up revealing the sunlight that was now shining into the room.

"What are you yelling at?" He laughed. "It's just the sun."

"I thought that being in the sun kills you." I said as Nate sat back on the bed next to me.

"What am I, a vampire?" Nate laughed as he pulled a strand of my hair behind my ear and then kissed me.

"You used to be." I whispered. I was now confused more than ever. This didn't seem like a dream. Everything felt so real and right. If I was going to get married to Nate today then I didn't want to spoil it but something kept tugging inside me that this was not real. Usually, I knew when I was dreaming but this I didn't know.

"What are you doing?" Nate laughed.

"I'm pinching myself. This doesn't seem real. You used to be..." I trailed as Nate started to kiss down my neck. He stopped briefly leaving me breathless as he gently touched my scar on my neck that he gave me the first time he bit me.

"Alexandra, its only as real as you want it to be. I mean, we're getting married today!" Nate beamed. "I love you. You do want to marry me, right?" Nate pressed. "You aren't having second thoughts are you?"

"No. I want to be with you forever." I said. Forever meant a long time. I couldn't see my future without him in it. I might be young but I don't think I could live without Nate. He's my soulmate. We were meant to be together.

"Good. There is still a few more hours before the wedding." Nate grinned as we began to play in the sheets again.

"You will love me for better or for worse right?" Nate asked as we laid together trying to calm down some from our lovemaking.

"Nathaniel Urie, what kind of question is that?" I asked.

"It was nothing. Don't worry about it. Come on now, we have to get ready. We don't want to disappoint our guests." Nate kissed my forehead and then my lips before proceeding to get ready. His tux was laid out on a chair in the bedroom. I looked over to see my beautiful white dress hanging on the closet door. It wasn't a long dress; in fact it came to right above my knees. It had spaghetti straps and a small bow in the right side.

I got up and proceeded to get dressed. I was getting married today. I looked over at the dresser to see a candle that was lit suddenly go out. There was no one around it to blow it out and no burst of air. It was very odd.

Everything else seemed to happen so fast and the next thing I knew I was standing on the beach outside our beach house with the sun about to set. Nate took my hand and led me down to the water's edge. I was barefoot.

"Where is all our family and friends?" I asked.

"They couldn't make it. It is all you and me and a minister." Nate pointed as we walked down the beach a little ways.

"I don't understand. You said there would be guests." I said pulling away from Nate.

"Alex, this is our story. I have been there for you. You need to be here with me now." Nate replied as the sun was almost going to be gone from sight. "Alex, please." Nate pleaded.

I turned my back to him to think. Something wasn't right about this whole thing. No family and no friends? This wasn't a real wedding. Nate would never act this way to me.

"It's too late." Nate whispered.

"What?" I asked turning around to see Nate grab his stomach and then look up at me. A look of terror crossed his face and I watched as two pointy fangs slid out of his mouth.

"No!" I said taking off running.

"Alexandra, it's still me." Nate grabbed my wrist, spinning me around to face him.

"No. Something is different." I said trying to back away but I couldn't move. Nate's eyes weren't the same loving, caring eyes. They had changed into that of a monster. I began to cramp up. My Nate was changing into the monster he was trying to fight.

"Help me." Nate said right before he let go and a girl, a girl I recognize from my last fight with Dimitri staked Nate right into his heart. I remembered now. I was dreaming but this was a nightmare. Dimitri had tried to kill me. This dream was a warning but was it from Nate?

"No!" I screamed trying to lunge towards the girl but missed.

"Nate's heart belongs to me now." She laughed wickedly. I looked at Nate as the girl pulled her stake out of Nate's heart. Nate was still alive and not turned into dust. He gave a wicked grin at me and pulled the girl into a kiss. I tried to move but was powerless. Rage filled every ounce of my body.

"Nathaniel!" I screamed waking up out of this nightmare only when I awoke I saw the girl from my dreams or so I thought.

I lunged at her not feeling a thing but adrenaline. "I'll kill you!" I screamed trying to attack her.

"Get her off!" I heard her say.

"Alex! Alex, stop! Alex it's Will!" I heard my brother say before he pulled me off the girl but when I looked at her it wasn't the girl from my dreams it was Jace. I looked up at Will as he held me back in his arms and started to sob.

"You better leave now." Will replied to Jace.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry." I cried clutching onto my brother as he held me on the floor of my room.

I heard doctors and nurses rush into my room and Will helped me to stand. The sounds of my monitors I must have been hooked up to were going off as I had apparently ripped my IV's and such out lunging at Jace. I realized I was in a hospital and I must have been hurt pretty bad from my fight with Dimitri.