Time to Dance

The Unexpected Visitor

Brendon extended his hand and I grabbed it. He pulled me out of the pool as if it was nothing. I reached for my towel on the chair I left it on and stared at Brendon in shock.

"How?" I asked confused.

"Why don't you go change and make some tea." Brendon replied. "We can talk if you invite me in the kitchen." I stared blankly at him for a second at his words. Brendon spoke so calm. I had forgotten that he should be used to this by now. He was good and for that I was grateful. I don't think I could handle having to kill Brendon and then having to explain it. Wait, this was the secret everyone was keeping and Kayla was trying to tell me about.

I nodded my head and said, "I invite you in, Brendon." I then went to my room to change and came back to the kitchen. Brendon was already making me some hot tea. My mother used to make it for me when I was little. I couldn't sleep because of my nightmares and somehow I aquired a taste for it. It helped calm me and sleep a little better.

"How much do you know?" I asked. That was the dumbest thing I could ask out of all the questions once I decided to break the silence between us.

"Erelin caught me up to speed. I am happy to see your mother is back. You know she is proud of you." Brendon replied as he handed me a cup of tea. I took it and sat at the kitchen table.

"What happened to you?" I finally managed to ask.

"Why don't I start with what has happened to you?" Brendon replied ignoring my question.

"I don't get what you mean?" I replied sipping my tea.

"You know what I mean. Alex, you have been given a second chance at life. Why are you trying to throw it away again? I know what Dimitri has done to you makes you uneasy. You have nightmares about it. It's like history is repeating itself because we can't get something right and its killing me. I saw it with your mother. I know what Natasha's goons did to her and the effect it had. I saw what Volkmar put her through and now you and Dimitri." Brendon said.

"I'm not throwing my life away. I was just thinking that's all." I said.

"It looked to me that you were giving up down there in the pool. Drowning yourself is not a good idea." Brendon replied angrily. "I have seen you fight with your heart but this is pathetic. A slayer who just gives up..." Brendon trailed.

"Look, I went to the bottom to try to clear my head." I argued back.

"Did it work?" Brendon asked upset at me.

"Well, no, but I would have come up for air." I fought.

"Look, Alex, I consider you to be like a daughter to me. Pete, is one of my best friends. Nate is my son and I can't have the girl he loves trying to kill herself. It's not healthy." Brendon spoke.

"For the last time, I didn't try to kill myself." I said drinking my tea. The truth is I might have briefly thought it but I would have come up for air even if Brendon hadn't shown up. I wouldn't do that to Nate and even if I did that means that Dimitri would have won and I can't have that. I guess I will have to find another way to rebel.

"Alexandra, believe it or not, I didn't come here to judge you. I wanted to tell you that I believe Nate is out there somewhere and that we will find him. He is my son and I want to help you." Brendon replied.

"You want to help me when I don't even know where to begin. Did you know that I can't feel him anymore. Yeah, I guess my parents didn't tell you that one." I scoffed.

"That doesn't matter. You will be able to find him." He answered.

"How? Explain that one to me. How can I find him when I can't sense where he is?" I asked trying not to lose it again as I touched my neck where Nate's scar shows. "And as far as I should just feel him in my heart as mom tells me, yeah that one isn't working out too good either right now so unless you have another solution..." I sighed.

"Fine. I'm not going to argue with you tonight on this. Just trust me ok? When the time is right you will know where my son is. In the mean time you should be out patrolling to be on the lookout." Brendon said as I started to grip my tea cup just a little too hard.

"What happened to you?" I asked as I was trying to calm myself down before I broke the teacup I had in my hand.

"Long story short I was ambushed at the gym. I was trying to save Lizzie. Next thing I know we were both blindfolded and led into a van. When I was taken out and the blindfold removed, Lizzie wasn't with me which I am thankful for.

It was just me, two of Dimitri's goons, and Dimitri. He told me that I knew too much and that he should have done away with me before now. I guess he meant I knew too much in the fact I knew about his family history. I tried to fight him but he got the upper hand and bit me, leaving me to die.

One of Dimitri's goons was left to watch over me and as risky as it was I somehow convinced him to turn me before I died. He was all too eager. I was dumped somewhere and woke up scared, hungry, and confused which is the normal for us vampires.

I managed to make my way here but the monster inside only wanted food. I am just glad your brother was there to help me otherwise, I might have..." He trailed.

"My brother?" I asked confused.

"Alexandra, Will stopped me and tied me up. It's what Kayla was dying to tell you all day but you wouldn't listen to her. Will wanted to tell you too that you can stop worrying about me. So now the secret is out. Maybe you should talk to Kayla. Aren't bestfriends supposed to be there for one another? You both are hurting right now. You think you can't find Nate and Kayla is blaming herself because she thinks she should know where he is. You know the twin intuition?" Brendon asked me.

"I guess I can go over there." I said getting up.

"Alexandra, stop blaming yourself for everyone's problems in this world. You aren't responsible for what Dimitri does. You didn't choose this life and we know it, just as your mother didn't choose this life. I think we keep her going. Most slayers never lived as long because they didn't have something to fight for. You do. I think its why your mother has lived this long and now you. We all fight for you." Brendon encouraged.

"I'm just glad you are back." I said hugging Brendon. "Ok, take me to my best friend." I half smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys for slacking on updates. My car was hit and had to deal with that getting fixed, been sick, and working like a dog lately at my job. I'm currently trying to work with getting the ideas out of my head and into finishing this story soon.